1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glory or Death: Climbing Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Dev4stator, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

Really interesting video about climbing the Everest mountain.
    Describing the new policy about climbing the Everest, the highest mountain on earth and the second dangerous to climb after the K II mountain. The policy states that everyone can climb the mountain, no matter of their fitness level nor age or medical conditions, as long as they pay for it. A really insightful and sad look at the risk of the life of the locals "Sherpas" who risk their lives not only for, sorry for the language, dumb people who are not fit to climb it and just want to impress their friends, but also started risking their lives due to the government new policy which states that the Sherpas will also risk their lives to rescue the dumb climbers bodies from the summit. Climbing the Everest mountain is now a tourist "bait" attraction which makes tons of money every year, literally on the backs of the Sherpas. There is a huge line of people waiting to make a step at a time, just like at the supermarket, waiting to climb the mountain. ​

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

I don't think they will let you climb it if you're under the international age ( 21 ).
    If you're older than 21 , you're fully responsible of what you're doing.

Imo , I can't see it as dumb policy to gain money as much as liberty to do it.

Fyi , I have a friend who is professional , already programmed to climb it this year , he explained for me that it's , first , expensive (around 15k $ ) which already restricts those " I want to show myself to my friends "'. Second you're obliged to bring all necessary materials , and prove that you are experienced enough to climb such mountain. Third , they accept literally very very few people at once to start climbing.

Though , still you're fully free to do it , because they can't restrict smth belong to nature.

3. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

Very not true.
    1. Yes, the cost is high, but anyone who has the money can apply for climbing it, even a not fitted 60 years old dude.
    2. You can rent all the stuff there in Nepal and you don't have to prove anything to anyone, there's no test for your fitness nor your hiking/climbing experience.
    3. Also not true, anyone can climb it if they pay for it, there's a literally human line for climbing the Everest from the bottom to the summit, see the picture attached below.

[​IMG]

4. Mega

Mega Member

Risking your own life to recover dead people from the mountain. How morbid >:)>:)>:)

• Agree Agree x 1