1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older regulars recognition

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by GeorgeLAD, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

banners sound good but who cares,, we all know who we are and thats the important thing not the banner but the players that are still here since 2010,, all regs know and all hell knows for me thats important not a banner, hell know who the reg is and what the reg player have done for hell all the years he have been here for me thats more important then a banner

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Only saying that because you won't get one? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

Why should i want one when i am the banner lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

Why? Need to feel special? You're a reg, and what?
    I don't mean to be salty, please pardon me if it comes as so.
    As Nomy pointed out, the veteran or experienced Title is more than enough. Plus, regs are remembered ingame, not in the forums.

I don't want a tag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hans Entertainment

Honestly I only dint understand this: the more you post, the more get to a higher rank. It's been only 2 years that I'm in forums and I am already a senior member which I can't understand. Wouldn't be better just to put a code which changes the ranks to a higher one, when you reach a specific time and visit forums continuously?

I'm not a programmer, maybe I'm talking something completely difficult, so please don't attack me for not having knowledge in this sector, thanks :)

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Since this is a forum, you get different titles under your name according to the post count. This isn't something unique to this forum, this is on every forum. There is option to choose by trophies, posts or likes.

Doing it by time isnt a good idea because users will rank up without even being active on forum.

7. Hans Entertainment

I totally understand, but I meant with "when you reach a specific time and visit forums continuously?" that you habe to be active and reach a specific time, let's say 5 times a week you have to be on and your time will automatically count. If you don't follow the first mandatory point, the running time will stop. It sounds difficult, for me I don't need to see who's an oldie and who isn't, you learn these things while you play - no recognition needed

8. Biggie

Biggie Veteran Member
    Donator

Why make it so complicated? People tend to leave for more than a week (vacation, job, life), the banner is supposed to show appreciation. I think the easiest way is to make it from the first registration.

It's not supposed to be like a competion against forum, if changes are made they should be simple. Don't forget this requires coding and work.

9. Hans Entertainment

I am aware of your points, that's why I pointed out that I have no idea of coding so I can't say if it's difficult or not. Plus: well as I can read because of specific points it can't be made easy

10. Biggie

Biggie Veteran Member
    Donator

Fair enough,

What about a thread where regulars can take initiative to get the banner? My opinion would be if they look through threads they are active enough on forums.
    That way you can let the player filter themself, by doing this Nomy does not need to look through all the players and consume time and energy for that.

"Banner thread"

Old regular: I would like a banner.
    Nomy: Checks his record and see if everything is fine.

This would be the best option in my opinion, that way inactive regulars won't even see the thread and you don't need to give them the banner.

11. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

The problem is, as Nomy has stated, is that a regular can ask for it and then “disappear” - becoming inactive...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

Hello ;

A bit late answer because of a busy folk life ..

anyway , surely i would do it for free and for the community , no problem with that.

But actually , i have another suggestion , which to give it manually , to those that are really active ( means that you can notice him , and they're very few to notice them ) , and you give it manually after a vote between the clan members each x months , make it something rare and hard to get , so you can avoid those " Badge diggers ". By a vote with nominated list of notable players each month would be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1