1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why dont we shut down CSS jb on weekends?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Tammahshay ™☆, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Tammahshay ™☆

in my point of view this will make people want to try csgo jb and encourage more people to come there,i know not everyone will agree to this but this is my point of view as when we had the events a lot of people came on when csgo jb was up for the 1st 4 days.I also think this should happen because Nomy tried really hard doing all the models and work into this, as all of his energy will be wasted if barely anyone comes on csgo jb

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

I definitely think we should do more events to get cs:go jb populated especially with how amazing some of the maps are and with the mapping contest that recently took place, but I'm not sure if the best way to go about it is by preventing people from playing css jb. First they might just go to mg or gg or clan instead, but second it is in general better to incentivize joining cs:go jb by making it more appealing like offering prizes instead of stopping anyone from doing another thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

This is a hard one. You can't force people to try new things. It's like when you relocate an animal to a new habitat, you don't pull him out the cage, you open it up and let him come out of his own accord. Frankly, CSS JB is like a cage, but most people don't want to come out. Or maybe they just don't have a good enough PC, but a lot of people do, enough to populate the server anyway.

Yeah I'm stuck in the cage too to be honest, but we just have to overcome this idea of the 'domino' effect. You don't join CS:GO JB because no-one else does, so the next person does the same thing because of what the last person did: it's called 'positive feedback', or just the domino effect to keep it simple. There's only one way to start populating the server again in my opinion and that's to start regular official gatherings again. It worked before and it will work again, because people, like myself.. like Spiraler and Tammashay and others, want to play CS:GO JB. It's just stupid to try and gather people on your own as a community member to do this. It needs the clout of a HeLL member/members.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

What about people without csgo or they can not run csgo?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

When @Raphi community decided to move to CS:GO, they literally moved. The shut their CS:S server and advertised a full move. This did force their players to play there instead and, it worked because now his CS:GO JB server is going strong. He did also suggest this to us when we were starting as he noticed we were struggling to keep it populated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

Great idea actually , even am not fun of these kind of prevention , but at least it worth a try ..

I agree with you also that the efforts made by nomy and everyone helped to make it shouldn't be wasted ..
    Already talked with @Nomy about advertising the server in the css hell clan servers ..

We need to assume also that a great percentage of the players are non steam on css jb .. but they're non steam because they can't/don't want to afford for css legit game if their best server accept already non steam .. what about really forcing them to go to cs go ? they will afford it day by day ..

if HeLL Clan really wants to go further and go out of the comfort zone (random non steam css players ) , i think this action is needed , atleast for some hours ..

PS : CS:GO JB server is so faaaaaaaaar better then the css one , it's well done , but needs some strong actions.

I have a lot of other suggestions for the csgo jb .. we can discuss this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

I can understand jingle's and wazblaz's points, totally agree with them but still I prefer the idea to shut down css for 1 or 2 weeks in order to populate it. It will be hard to adapt, however this is the best move to get great results

EDIT: the point that we have many non steam players-since you have to apply for playing in hell servers as a nomsteam player the amount of these players reduced a lot. This is a minor problem

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Okay this is just my personal opinion but maybe others feel the same:
    I dont own CSGO and I have no intention in buying it. If you shut down CSS JB I will not buy CSGO all of a sudden. I will either switch to non-HeLL gungame (played that before JB), or (what is more likely) I just stop playing CSS, because over 99% of my time in CSS I play JB nowadays.

People are aware that CSGO JB exists. I guess they stay on CSS because they are either unable to switch (non-steam or no money) or they dont want to (like CSS more).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Majorities reasons why they stay playin css jb is because CSS non-steam is easier to get than CSGO. People also don't want to join the CSGO JB, because only some will join. If you shutdown CSS JB, everyone has to move to CSGO or not just play at all. Giving people options will only result in players keep playin CSS JB

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I thought the cs:go jb would be a good thing but I’m so adapted to cs:s that cs:go feels so lumpy to me.

I don’t like the idea of even talk of shutting down HeLL JB for a while to try and populate, if enough members/clan members are willing to put the time and effort into populating the server and constantly mention in game to invite friends , they will.

I noticed from my short time on the go jb that it’s a different community, and not many “new” people that joined respected the way our JB has adapted over the years, I then also tried populated Jb servers on go and found many old regs from HeLL who are long forgotten , even ended up finding neocorps (old clan member) who managed to do well with a cs:go server.

I feel the “banter” of the cs:go community who would/could one day be our regs wouldn’t last long upon the servers with our harsh PAs , as they are new and would be acted on fast for a mistake.

Tldr- dunno even I’m even making sense , sounds good in my head but probably coming across all wrong, wish I could have a live chat on mic lmao

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Bruwitz

Bruwitz Member

Fuck that. CSS is better

12. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

our css jb server is a historic server. one of the best / most popular servers ever on css ever. cant shut it down

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tammahshay ™☆

So then why don't we shut down the cs:go server then if no one is going to join or very few people are going to join it?

14. Biggie

Biggie Veteran Member
    Donator

In my humble opinion you can not forcefully promote by restricting a server. The CS:S Jailbreak server made majority of players join the community alltogether, it would be bold and unwise to close it down. Force by nature discourages humans, I do not think a stable stack of players would be enticed by this.

I however think that with time, when the general population is tired of CS:S. They will be prompted to move, to a more new and different environment.

• Agree Agree x 3