1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Rule 19

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by dope45, Sep 15, 2018.

1. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

It very well may not have been clear to the majority of players; that does not mean a majority of players supported implementing the current rule (or are you trying to tell me you got everyone onto forums to give their opinion, as if that's ever happened?). Why not take some polls? Do you not want to hear what people want?

Disagree.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2018 ---
    Okay, this is what I'm talking about: under the current rule, if you actually managed to kill the last T before he typed !lr that would be a free-kill. That shouldn't be seen as a freekill.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The CT should have said choose either green or red there must be at least 2 in either one so it doesn’t leave only 1 T to LR.

If Ts decide not to listen then CT has gave the order and if they happen to loose eg: all 3 Ts die as we can’t have Favouritism.

Or the warden can decide to use the !random feature to select a random T to join in the LR.

Or Let the T that won to select his LR partner.

But rule 19 basically makes CTs now go: “hey I need 2 Ts to be left alive”

*The rule is introduced now and We can’t go back over time and go look at this situation and look at that. Because at end of day any situation you say the CTs should adapt for it.

CTs should Kill: all rebelling Ts, hiding Ts, missing Ts, play game modes in mind to try and keep 2 Ts alive by end of game.
    It’s not hard! The rule just inforces what the CT should be doing now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

this is not what im saying, im just asking wich is the right thing to do cause almost 70% of players work by the last part you said (1 T is in red, 20 is in blue, red wins, kill all blue apart from the last lucky 1)
    in many roulette games once there are 2 left even if one of them should die all cts start screaming on mic don't kill him he have LR according to Rule 19
    like wtf everyone is using his own rule ?
    this is why im asking for a finale clearance that everyone should follow, cause clearly everyone has his own Rule 19 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

Yeah, it’s inconvenient and annoying, though. What do you mean you can’t go back? If you implement a rule and you get backlash, that’s when you know the rule needs rethinking.

I don’t know why you’re so insistent and obsessive over exactly 2 Ts being left alive anyway. It’s completely arbitrary in the first place.

5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think many have replied here with examples of how to deal with rule 19. Just because it's inconvenient for you doesn't mean the rule is faulty.
    There is hardly any backlash just a few CTs who are hell bent on continuing with their ways and want to resist change so they get the ultimate kill.

As I had said before, CTs were freekilling Ts for "not completing their game" once they did LR. Or when a T is hiding and is one of the last T remaining, he/she starts LR and wins the LR... But gets freekilled because "they were a rebel". This example also breaks the "LR must be played fairly" rule as the T won the LR and shouldn't be killed for winning as this is quite unfair for the T.

It seems funny to me that this thread started off saying how it's unfair for Ts while this rule blatantly favours Ts over CTs during LR. Maybe you should concentrate on how it's unfair for CTs. It's not fun when you get killed for winning LR.

If you want Rule 19 changed like it says in the title, could you please at least make a suggestion on how would you like it changed?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  6. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Actually there’s a lot of backlash. Just by playing on the server you can tell that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I

I think we touched on this in the other thread, but this is breaking the rule as it's written. Once you have 2 Ts alive, one in red and one in the "die" room blue, the T in blue is safeguarded by the rule regardless of how you look at it. You can't kill him unless he rebels after reaching LR.

From my perspective I'm guessing that the rule was made to make wardens play smarter in this situation, so like JayJay says, you make sure there's at least two in each colour/room. Actually, the rule enforces wardens to do this, unless you want to change how it's written, but I don't think it was made to allow what you're talking about?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 17, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 17, 2018 ---
    I think we want to avoid this.

8. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

To be honest you all sound so mad about this rule and how it works, yet I don’t see any reports about it, ima continue playing the way I do and have done for years.

It’s not about safe guarding etc it’s to make CTs actually look for people hiding/rebelling before getting to the lr stage , or to give the last 2 alive from climb or something their lr.

If I said you got 10 seconds to pass this part of death run and you don’t, ima still wipe out everyone who didn’t even if it was all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

That's true, nonetheless my opinion is that it is.

I don't think that's an accurate picture of what's happening. As I said before, when this gets brought up on the server virtually everyone (Ts and CTs alike) is on my side of the fence (and I don't mean that in a rude way, it's the honest truth). I play this game for fun, not for kills.

I disagree. It's more than fair, i.e. gives an unfair advantage/benefit, for the T who has hidden/afk, and is unfair to the rest of the Ts on the server. And they (the Ts who are dead/weren't hiding) are usually very vocal about how unfair it is when these situations occur. As I said, plenty of backlash on a regular basis.

I think just removing it would do the job. (Maybe it's nice to have a rule mentioning LR, but I don't think it needs to be explained; it's pretty obvious how it works to anyone who watches a round.)

Yes, it is breaking the rule as it's written, and that's why I think it needs to be rewritten. There is no logical reason to keep the blue T alive. He failed the game like everyone else. That's why the rule is flawed.

Indeed it forces wardens to command differently, but I would argue against the idea that it makes them command "smarter", and I definitely don't think the different commands make the rounds more fun.

Another point I'd like to make is that, for example if a T gets lucky in the blue/red game above and should have been killed but makes it to LR because he was one of the last two alive, he can still win and keep LRing theoretically until all CTs are dead, if he just keeps typing !lr fast enough that none of the CTs can kill him in between. So my suggestion doesn't actually prevent the lucky T from getting LR and winning the round, if he's also skilled enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I get why some CT would be on your side which is a small minority in my opinion... they wanted the ultimate kill to finish off the round regardless of LR which they cant anymore.

Right, so the "T" who moans about it being unfair can rebel and hide to make it "fair" himself... Nobody is stopping them from hiding/rebelling... I guess the "T" who thinks it's unfair is not good at rebelling which is one of the path Ts can choose when they play JB. In my opinion, it's not unfair and I have yet to receive a complaint from a T who thinks its unfair that their own teammate got to win by means of rebelling/hiding...

One can argue that when a T gets weapons from armoury and kills all CTs is also unfair for the Ts who were following CTs commands... Where is the backlash?

So you wanted the rule changed and now you want it removed. Make up your mind... I doubt this rule would be removed when it was decided by clan members democratically. Trust me when I say there were clan members who represented your opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

if you think im against the Rule guess what: No im not against it :cool:
    till now i didn't face any problems with this rule:
    as a Warden when there are few Ts i count them and if there is any rebel he will die before doing the next game
    and as a T i used this rule to hide in cells/escape and then doing LR and rebelling.
    the only reason to hate this rule is that you don't know how to use it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Apologies to bring up an old thread... I've only just started playing again and this rule is bugging me a little; it hinders the choice of games that a ct can play. For example, the ct needs to get rid of 2 T's for Lr and the only game he can really play to do this is by First/Last reaction otherwise he risks killing more than he is allowed to kill.. This making round endings repetitive and boring IMO. However, the camping and such doesnt bother me too much!

I know this splits the community but would a whole vote be allowed to just see where everyone lies and see what the day to day players base actually favours...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

14. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Okay I’m in a bit of a dilemma here...I did a 2vs1 football where the t that won was by himself...I killed the other 2ts as they were the losers. However, people said I freekilled because rule 19 states I should only kill one....I feel like people are using rule 19 to open doors to advantages which shouldn’t be there in the first place..I didn’t slay because I saw how unfair it would have been if I didn’t kill both in which I stood my ground and would do it again in order to bring fairness..in my head I can understand where rule 19 would bring fairness to rebellers but I feel this rule needs to be clarified further for many as people haven’t seemed to grasp the approach of it...

However, if I was wrong to kill both I want to bring a perfect example such as volleyball where if I did a 2vs1 there, the 2ts who would have lost are guaranteed death so both share the same principle in the manner of death

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ge0➆

Ge0➆ Member
    Donator

It's not that complicated .In case of 2v1 games .You could give LR to the winner T and either let him choose LR partner ,or do a game between the 2 losers (like last reaction etc ).The volleyball in maps like carceris kills the loser team instantly ,then as a warden you shouldn't choose this game for 3 players in first place.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Okay so the 2ts get a chance to stay alive whereas if the 2ts win the football game the other t who is by himself is automatically killed...do you understand where I’m coming from now ?

17. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

No, can you please elaborate?

It seems to me that the T who is by himself is a loser since he is killed automatically due to losing.

18. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Basically I’m saying is if I did a 2vs1 football...the stakes are unfair because apparently if the t by himself wins then the other 2 ts get a second chance of getting lr whereas if the t by himself loses he is automatically killed....

What I did was 2vs1 football and I said losers will die...I killed the 2ts who lost and let the one who won by himself live....then people shouted rule 19 freekill and that I must slay but I really don’t see how it’s fair

The t by himself is already at an unfair Disadvantage considering he’s alone...

19. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

So you can see how your decision to have them 2v1 is disadvantageous in first place. Try not to do games 2v1 when 3 Ts are left as you may get stuck in this situation again.

Do a game between the 2 Ts and then get the winner to play with other remaining T. That's how you should go about with this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Alright fair point