1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using randomizer feature to pick a T to die

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by sickboy, Aug 31, 2018.

?

Should warden be allowed to use randomizer feature to pick a T to die?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  3. IDGAF

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

Hey everyone,

So lately I've noticed a few wardens using the new randomizer feature to replace weed out games like first and last reaction. Basically if the warden needs a T to die for a game or for lr, he will just use the randomizer feature to pick a T and then kill that T. Personally I think this is kind of BS because even though it's technically "fair" there's nothing the T who gets picked can do to avoid death. Even with first and last reaction there is a little bit of skill involved, but when using the randomizer you're basically just screwed if you get picked. I was wondering what everyone thought about this. Should it be allowed to use the randomizer feature for this?

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

This was originally meant for warden to pick a T for example to do a talent on talent day. It is not intended to kill Ts randomly if they get picked by it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I'm really glad you clarified that because it seemed like a misuse of the feature. It's definitely a really cool feature for picking Ts for talent day, random teams, etc. So is it okay if I link this thread and let wardens know they can't use it for that if I catch them doing it?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Yea sure.

5. theddarkknight9

Donator

I mean i've personally used this feature a few times to kill a T, or make a T pick lr partner, cuz its fair, everyone has an equal chance of being picked, unlike last reaction, people have diffrent pings, someone may lag,and someones game could freeze, dunno found the !rt thing really useful in this kind of situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

Most of the ct's are using it to get a T who picks lr partner (which is fair I think).
    When you use it to choose a T to die, it's a bit disappointing for the T who get's picked, but I can't see how is it unfair.

7. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Had some time to see this work in-game now.

Nomy you mentioned there are other ways to get to the last two Ts on talent days etc, I haven't found this to be the case. !rt is the only way when it's talent day / pokemon day /cannon game /long jump game (etc) for all the Ts, and it's taking a long time for wardens to learn how to use this.

I think it makes sense for this command to be included in the rule (#77 thread 39853), but maybe in a few weeks when wardens have learnt about it some more, otherwise admins would be issuing a warning every 4 or 5 rounds (I usually just post a message explaining !rt). It's basically unfair for a warden to select on his own which Ts will go up in these games when they can just choose the two Ts they prefer the most to not play the game and get LR. I've been enforcing against this occasionally to be honest (with a warning, i.e. you must use !rt in these games).

Definitely most current regulars are aware of the rule as it is and follow it (you don't see Ts getting killed after LR for the most part any more), but the above is still a bit of a problem.

8. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

everything what kills ts for random is shit. even games. only noob wardens pick games which kills ts on random luck.
    here i said it

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

To be fair I used this feature in shoot or no shoot game.

I’m warden I use the function “random T” to select a T to make the decision on whether they wanna “shoot or no shoot”.

Then depending on answer given by the T my designated executioner which I’ve chosen at start of game will kill the random T he’s looking at the time of shoot.

The way I used it you got 3 variables, eg:

1)The random T plugin - decides for the warden who to ask.
    2)The T choses to either pick shoot or no shoot knowing the ct could be looking at him.
    3)The CT could be looking at any random T at any time.

3 things as a warden I haven’t got full control of so in a sense it’s a fair game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

Was a really good game until I got stabbed by @Pyro ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

I don't really see how it's much different from a luck game like 4 corners, you're using a random number generator (which is only pseudo-random anyway but that's irrelevant) to pick someone to die with no fault of their own. I've talked about this kind of thing before though where luck games at least feel like they have something to them, but honestly I think that the two are effectively equivalent except in the case of a map like new summer where you can escape 4 corners even if you lose.

Does this mean luck games should be banned? Well that's extremely difficult considering how many maps have them built in, but thankfully we have the precedent that just using random t feature is not ok. I imagine a certain warden would otherwise be tempted to unstack t's on a wall and just use random t until lr if he gets frustrated at a 0-10 score :thinking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. arhamahmed4

arhamahmed4 Member

Totally agree...i get 150 ping and i always die in last reaction game ( unless there is a noob dude who doesnt know the game )

13. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Luck games require the commander to move ts around the map and actually play the game mode of JB. Typing a command in chat to kill someone off is different imo

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Bruwitz

Bruwitz Member

In my opinion it's a little boring the !RT
    Other luck games are more fun because you always get a laugh of it while !rt is boring.

15. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

A warden used /rt to get one T to pick LR partner on summer. It was under a minute until the nuke and football was never going to end so, good use of the command to kill the Ts to LR in that situation imo.

16. Bruwitz

Bruwitz Member

That's a nice situation. One of the few.

17. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

/rt has its good points and its bad points like when the warden does it 30sec/1min in to the round and uses /rt to get two ts as lr and kill the rest because he cant command the ts or if ts spamming the doors, he could off just got us to stack away from door or do something else but seen many times it being used to get last two ts to lr with out doing any game.. the good point of it is yes its good to pick ts for games..