1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subforum for game rules questions and discussion

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Jingle Jangles, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

So the Counter-Strike Source Chat is filled with questions and discussions related to server rules. I think these threads should have a dedicated section/subforum.

This would be something like "Game server rules related questions and discussion".

CSS Chat could then be used more appropriately to discuss CSS related topics, i.e. ping issues, demo recording, tips and tricks, game configuration, startup errors and crashes etc.

2. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

I don't have opinion on this.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Repost Repost x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

We got this sub forum (feedback and suggestions) for such discussions so go ahead and make a thread directly discussing it.

4. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

I have? I don't follow what you're saying.

5. Boy

Boy Administrator

I mean this sub forum is for discussions around server rules etc. Surely the purpose to discuss a server rule would be to either add a new rule or to amend an existing one? So Feedback and suggestions would be the place for that?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Oh okay. I should have been clearer. I don't mean discussions about whether a rule should be there or not (suggestion), or whether it's a good or bad rule (feedback), I mean specifically questions about what rules mean or how they should be applied. If you look at CS Chat just the front page, half of the threads are questions asking for clarification on or explanation of rules, and others are discussions about game rules that also wouldn't come under feedback or suggestions.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  7. Boy

Boy Administrator

Thats because players think HeLL clan and CSS is only about Jailbreak. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't really think a sub forum is needed for just queries about one of the 17 servers' rules.. Only 1 thread is needed really for "Jailbreak server rules discussion" as I dont see any threads asking about server rules for any other servers. Unless its a suggestion which should land here. But you will find many threads being made in wrong sections and us super admins being lazy to move em but generally I dont see this as an issue at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

I think what jingle meant ia to create a thread inside "feedback and suggestions" in which you can ask the community instead of creating everytime a new thread.

Am I right?/Did I understood?

9. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

10. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

I saw a question in Spam asking about the Minigame server rules a while back but yeah I agree it's mostly Jailbreak. I think a sticky thread could be a good idea, but one question might get drowned out by another with there being so many, and there is a JB server for CS:GO and not just CS:S.

Playing on the JB server discussions and arguments about the rules are almost constant, and you can see this has spilled over into the CS Chat subforum, the report forums, shoutbox and so on.. A dedicated subforum would give a solid place for this, as well as providing answers to players. Admins could also direct these arguments in the server to the subforum.

No, sorry.

https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/39856/#post-374804

11. Boy

Boy Administrator

Lets be honest, nobody plays on csgo jailbreak. And even so, css jailbreak rules would apply to csgo jailbreak. Both can be discussed in the same place in a "Jailbreak server rules discussion" thread.

I think the thread mentioned by wildfire is the best place for everything including just asking/discussing about jailbreak rules not only for suggestions or feedback.

I can rename that thread for Jailbreak Server Rules Discussion as almost all of the content in there is in regards to jailbreak rules.

12. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

:(

13. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

This is a good idea but the problem is that some of the threads go on for pages, and directing all of these various discussions into a single thread would make things cluttered and confusing. There have been 3 server rule question/discussion threads so far this week alone, with 12, 28 and 4 responses respectively.

14. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

To be fair, the rules might need a little bit of tinkering. As in an in-depth one.
    I acidentaly went on to another JB server site and they had just recently made it so warning shots should be acompanied by the name of the T. Ofcourse this could be circumvented, but a little ease of life and clarity changes can go along way. Should get revised in my opinion.