1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JB Rules have been updated. PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Updates & Announcements' started by Nomy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Added !rt or !randomt. Untested.

Updated rule 19.

The new command is not a must but it's there at warden's disposal. There are other ways to pick Ts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Just want to say the responsiveness to the feedback here is appreciated. Couldn't ask for more.

I tested the command a moment ago.

[Randomiser] : Mr.Not Chucky was randomly selected!
    T died
    [Randomiser] : Mr.Not Chucky was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : That Black Guy was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : Pyro was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : arthurisbasic was randomly selected!
    T died
    [Randomiser] : Definatly Not Jordi was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : DeMoLiTiOn{MAN} was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : Definatly Not Jordi was randomly selected!
    [Randomiser] : Pyro was randomly selected!

This was with 13 or so Ts alive from start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

sorry to be a pain but i can see the !randomt command. Being abused in game to just get ts down when there are lazy cts on or when warday is in play is there a way so you can only do it when only 3 Ts are left and not on !sd and that ? And can all cts do it or only the one giving commands.. Just can see this being a new way for a easy way to get rid off Ts when you just do a game and that and if you have one t that has won the game and the other two lost you cant really use this as it may pick the one who has won the game ?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Thanks for testing, It should only pick alive Ts, it doesn't store any previous results to exclude them. Just a basic command.
    Also it might pick same player if you spam the command real quick so use it after a second or so after. I guess thats why "That black guy" got chosen multiple times? not sure.

This command is to aid warden in choosing a T. If they dont use it, then they may choose Ts themselves or using another method.
    I don't think any T who makes to last 2 remaining is unfair regardless of what some have suggested in this thread.

Only wardens are able to use this command.

This command cant be abused. I don't see how... Your explanation does not show how it can be abused...

And, if the winner gets chosen by !rt then they can run it again to get a different T... whats the issue?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

ok so it don't kill them on its own I was thinking it would just slay them when it picks them.. Same for abusing thinking a ct would keep doing it to get it to slay the Ts but ok see what it does now ;-p

for picking a t out off Last 3 to die you can always do afew easy games flash light game where the Ts face the t they want to die or get lr with or even doing a small race,spray game and other small games so I don't see why this was needed but if it helps out others alls good ;-)

6. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

yeah getting picked with last T command 3 times in a roll to die is fuckin' stupid.

7. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

It’s a game of luck ;)
    The warden doesnt have to use it, it’s just another way to decide who gets lr or to call the T’s to play a game/talent day or whatever, with randomness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sickboy

sickboy Junior Member

I already brought this up in another thread, but I didn't realize there was already a discussion here. To elaborate on what @Mrzippy said, let's say there are 7 Ts alive and the warden wants to play football. The warden then uses the randomizer feature to choose a T and then kills that T to make it 3v3 (I've actually seen this happen before). Is this considered abuse or not? I know you mentioned it was not really intended for this purpose, @Nomy, so if it is abuse, can it be added to the rules that the warden may not use the randomizer feature to choose a T to die?

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think the warden is being a kill whore if he is using the command to find a T to kill to make it 3v3. Why doesn't he continue with a game until the teams are down to 3v3 or 2v2 and then continue with football?

• Like Like x 2
  10. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

Can we talk about rule 20, the rule which says the last 2 Ts get LR under more-or-less any circumstances, even if they haven't participated in the day at all?

I'm not sure how long this has been a thing for so forgive me if it's just been discussed recently, and maybe there's a good reason, but it's really unfair to the rest of the Ts who participated and from what I've heard a lot of other people feel this way too. What's the point in this rule?

11. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

The point is to not delay the round (if the ct's can't find the rebel), so the t's can do lr and finish the round and also give a fair chance to the "rebel" T and hidden the whole round inside of his cell or may have rebelled, to have a fair chance to lr without doing the first lr, winning it and then being killed by some other ct due to his previous actions.
    Since the purpose of the T's is to get to lr (in any way, following the warden's commands or not); this rule gives them the right to do so, even if they rebel or hide.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

Okay, so the situation you're describing is there are 3 Ts left, 2 of whom have been following warden and playing the games and 1 other T who is rebelling/in his cell afk/whatever. Your solution is that the warden should do last reaction or another game to kill one of the Ts with him, so that there'll be 2 left and LR can happen?

The proper solution is CTs just kill the person who's rebelling/in his cell. If he's in his cell, it won't be hard to find him. If he's rebelling, i.e. actively trying to kill CTs, again should be easy to find him. If he's neither, i.e. he's delaying/wasting time, then admin can give a warning (or realistically someone can just ghost so the CTs can find him lol). That way you give the Terrorists:
    1. An incentive to actually participate in the games, rather than hide in their cell for LR
    2. A disincentive to delay
    which is good.

Now, another situation is: there aren't any Ts rebelling/in cells, all Ts are following wardens commands, and the warden has commanded the Ts to make some jump, or do some challenging thing, and the ones who fail are to be shot. From what I understand, the current rule says that the last 2 Ts get LR regardless of whether or not they have completed the challenge. This is the situation I had in mind when I made the post.

Why is there any issue with killing all Ts who fail, even if that means only leaving only 1 or 2 alive? Obviously if the challenge is something literally impossible then that's an illegal command. Again, it's not fair if you make some Ts do a challenge and kill losers, but then give people who haven't done it LR. LR should be a reward for winning the warden's games, not a right that any T has just for being one of the last two surviving Ts.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

1) You're right, the ct's should look for the rebelling T, the situation I meant was if we take for example death crate game - if all the t's die/only one left, and there's one T who's rebelling/hiding, he should benefit from this and have a fair chance to do lr.
    With that being said, ct's should always chase/look after rebelling t's.

2) Yes, the situation you have described is correct; I see no purpose in killing the 2 left T's because "they didn't complete the game", it would be pointless.

14. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

1) Well, fine if that’s your opinion, I guess we just disagree. Seems to me that most people on the server at the moment agrees with me, though (even the admins have been saying it’s a dumb rule...).

2) In that case why should any of the Ts attempt the game? The whole point of a game is for some people to win and some people to lose, and for the winners to get something out of it. We shouldn’t be giving people an incentive to *cough* be a little bitch *cough* and refuse to play.

15. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

It’s not about refusing to play, it’s about being the last alive, which in that case I see it pointless to kill them...

16. dope45

dope45 Junior Member

...aight...

Anyway nevermind, I’ll make a thread tomorrow in the suggestions place and see if I can get anywhere with this. As I said, it really seems like most people on JB agree this rule is retarded.

17. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member