1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JB Rules have been updated. PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Updates & Announcements' started by Nomy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

I agree; I can't see a scenario in which such thing could ever happen... there are always T's who listen to the warden and follow the commands.

2. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

@l1ke me most of the games we play are found in 99.99% of the maps, everymap (jump rope,deathrun,wipeout,soccer) and in a normal round you pass 10 min of the round getting freeshot at and freekilled, and LR is the only part where you can chill and relax

3. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

This is not a solution. When there's 3 Ts left and 2 or more fail, with the new rule you cannot kill these Ts. The second you kill one T you cannot kill any more because the remaining Ts are granted immunity by the rule.

4. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

If one succeeded, and the other 2 failed - Then the solution is to give that one LR and play another game in which you'll have another winner.
    He meant not to kill anyone when there are 3 T's left, so there won't be favoritism.

5. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

The favouritism is still there if two Ts don't have to complete the game that everybody else died to. Same problem if all 3 Ts fail (they can't repeat it because the other Ts only had one chance). On top of this, some of these games kill the Ts by default, i.e. the cannon game on jb_sand or the launcher/goal jump games on avalanch. These are unworkable.

Adapting Jailbreak to this new rule could honestly be a never-ending process, my opinion at this point is just to add a poll to keep the rule or not. If the majority of people say yes then myself and I'm sure other players will report back as to what needs to be changed as different scenarios arise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

I see your point, it is problematic indeed.

7. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Im sure it still happened before where Ts are asked to play different games until there is a winner. Isnt that classed as favouritism as the rest of the Ts only had 1 chance? If thats favouritism then it is a separate case that occurs nearly everytime on JB not only with this rule. But how is it favouritism when they still have to die at the end of the new game till theres only 2 Ts left.. I think the favouritism rule is being misinterpreted here.

We all know some games kill players instantly as they go, why leave such games to last instead of doing it at the beginning?

8. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Sometimes they are good replacements of first reaction last reaction. It mixes up the game play and doesn't make it as boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

The favoritism can be solved if wardens used a command like !rt or !randomt to get a random T everytime they want to do a one by one. The last Ts are just lucky and not chosen because of favoritism...

10. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

To use one of the examples I gave, the cannon game on sand is usually done with all the Ts. You could put half the Ts through it and then change the game but you will have to do something like this for a lot of games, and this feels unnatural to do as well as overcomplicating things. The alternative is doing last reaction or trivia with the last 3 Ts for each of these games.

Regarding favouritism I'm only referring to when it's the last 2 or 3 Ts in the specific scenarios.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. Boy

Boy Administrator

Thats wat i mean, the "favouritism" still exists.. I was refering to last 2 or 3 Ts too.

Are you saying you are running out of games when theres 2-3 Ts left? Theres Trivia too. I feel we are just coming up with excuses rather than real arguments..

Tank day is also random, not skill based. Isnt that enjoyable?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

It’s not about alternatives, it’s about the reduction of options being made by this new rule.

13. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

The favouritism issue comes in if there's only 3 out of potentially 30 Ts left, and 90% of the Ts have died to one specific game. There's possibility for complaints on both sides here if only these 3 Ts do a completely different game.
    Edit: I misread and see what you mean now, splitting the Ts in half is the only solution I can think to this.

14. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I don’t get what’s so hard , the replies seem awfully antagonistic (think that’s the word I wanted).

3 Ts alive, one fails, don’t kill yet, next one does it, last one fails , kill them both at the same time, or if they run off and one gets lr because you didn’t kill in time , follow the “new” rule , I say “new” because I’ve always played this way.

If everyone is in their cell (gl with that) kill them all, don’t worry as soon as the numbers go down people will ask to come out safely , and like sheep more will follow.

Rebels in round and has a gun? Lr must be played fairly so he will be stripped of it anyway upon starting the lr, which then means once he finishes it , he must be “good” and follow commands again, wether it be freeze until lr or whatever.

It’s not much change, only as said before people don’t like change. People take the commanding to seriously and want to kill for no reason, “he didn’t finish the game kill him after lr” it’s only a minute or two until the next round, it’s not favouritism, if you want people dead in games do group games where permitted, team 1 and 2, or add time limits, must be by red section at 2.30 or you will be shot at.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

The problem is with games that kill Ts upon failure, i.e. jb_sand cannon as mentioned.

For the scenario you describe, the rule states: "The last two Ts get Last Request (LR) regardless if they completed games". As it is, CTs wouldn't be allowed to do what you are saying, as upon killing one of the failed Ts, you have two Ts that are safeguarded by the rule. The same goes for if all 3 Ts fail.

My posts here are in attempt to help make things work, but I see your point, I've become too opinionated in some posts. I've updated these.

16. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

^The problem with those solutions:
    you have 20 Ts and put 10 through it i.e the jb_sand cannon game, and 4 survive, you now have 4 Ts that have to complete another game at some point in order to be able to reach LR. If the other 10 Ts do bhop for example, and there's 1 winner, you have to put the winners of both bhop and cannon (5 Ts) through another game to LR, so you've gotta do 3 games just to reach LR. The first game (cannon) would also have to involve random selection, so CTs can't pick Ts that they might think would lose it, as only some can play the game. The final game would also have to be a game like last reaction or trivia or wipeout, where the game can be played by everyone at the same time and stopped when enough have survived.

^ This is the best solution. Put all the Ts through the cannon (or similar game) by random number generation. If 2 complete it and survive before the last 2 Ts are reached, you can put all the Ts through it. If 18 out of 20 attempt the game and die, the last two Ts have survived due to chance.

You can apply this solution to any of these kinds of games, like talent day, long jump death games, cannon games etc.

The command should display in all chat so players can see it has been done fairly.

The problem is with games where all the Ts are commanded to do it at once and can die upon failure. These games will just have to be replaced with one-by-one versions.

The last two Ts get Last Request (LR) regardless if they completed games or hid and can't be killed after LR for rebelling beforehand, unless they rebel after the first LR, or continue/begin to rebel after reaching LR. CTs must use !randomt with games that kill Ts individually.

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think CTs complaining here shouldn't care about Ts feeling that its unfair etc... Let the Ts report that to us...

Since the rule change, we have yet to receive any report nor the reports have spiked in numbers that related to this rule change... I think the majority of the players are fine except a few CTs who are just posting on this thread.

I can add !rt command for wardens to choose Ts randomly, it would display to everyone on the server. Towards the end, the last 2 Ts that remain are there because they are lucky the machine didn't choose them... If they want to say that its unfair then maybe the lotto is also unfair if they didn't win.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

@Nomy I'm posting mainly from an admin perspective so that I can explain and enforce the rule in-game correctly (I usually play T).

Are my interpretations of the rule as I've described correct (posts #63, #75)? If so, if my final rule suggestion (#77) isn't going to be written into the rule, should it still be enforced like that? (if/when the !rt command becomes live)

+1

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

Just trying to be useful, i play T half the time.