1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JB Rules have been updated. PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Updates & Announcements' started by Nomy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

you need to improve your commands and not kill the Ts as they lose. and any Ts that dont participate needs warning shots or kill him if he doesnt play. simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

@Running Dildo You need to change the way you command then. Don't call them one by one when only few Ts are left because the last T will have this advantage of getting to LR. This is because you kept killing the Ts instead of putting them in the loser group.

Make all those 7 Ts do a game where all of them have to participate or do it one by one but kill the losers in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

@Nomy , @Boy What if the the terrorist goes into LR and finishes it. Then backstabs a CT, goes into LR, finishes it, backstab's a CT, then goes into LR, etc, etc.
    The warden cant command that way properly because it usualy includes one T picking gun toss and going to one side of the map and the other picking s4s on the other side of the map. Very difficult to keep attention about who finished LR and when to tell them to freeze after it so they cant just roam freely like now and backstab people before entering into a new LR, or maybe even shooting at them.
    Currently the LR period of the round is sort of a reprieve for CT's until theres only one left and the possibility of a 9-5 is there.
    @Jingle Jangles

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

At this point, he/she is a rebel and can be killed by remaining CTs. The T basically decided to rebel after the first LR.
    So even if he continues to LR with another CT, wait for the LR battle to end, if he/she wins, they can be killed for choosing to rebel after the initial LR.

The rule is put in place so CTs wont kill the T because they hid or because they failed at a commanded game or rebelled previously during the round before the LR period started. LR period starts when 2 Ts are remaining.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I can already see someone reporting me for killing him when that happens :D.

6. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

The problem that Dildo highlights is basically to do with games that warden's need to command Ts to complete one by one, and that can cause death after each attempt. For example talent day, if all the Ts are killed for awful talents and there are 2 left, it would be favouritism not to kill them after LR if they don't attempt a talent. Wazblaz mentions as well the cannon game on airship, you could do this all Ts at once but it would be chaotic and less enjoyable.

I'm certain there are other examples of these kinds of games if I think of any I'll mention.

Given this the rule does need an addition, i.e. "and can't be killed after LR for rebelling beforehand, unless they rebel after the first LR". I think the length of the rule can't be helped given how complex this issue is.

@Ariastel I think the issue with that is that CTs need to communicate which Ts have decided to rebel after LR, and monitor the Ts closely during LR.

7. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

Yeah, for some CT's getting to LR is the same as wining, especialy on summer or other T sided maps, but for me the round has not ended. This small rule change has a huge impact on the way JB is played, not to mention it is already played differently when theres 10 people, 20 people and 30 people, very often when theres 10, 20 people only 2,3 out of 5,6 ct's have microphones* and such coordination is not possible..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

What would be your suggestion?

9. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

My suggestion would be to remove this rule, if T's are fast enough they can jump from LR to LR even if CT's are trying to kill him inbetween.
    There are 2 many games, maps games aswell that have to be played out 1 by 1.
    One could probably suggest that those games could have 1 winner and he gets one of the LR's, and the group of surviving T's can be moved to a game where they will be killed in the game itself until only one is left for the second LR and to be fair this will be the only solution but it complicates the game too much.

In my opinion the rules should be something 2 arguing people could go to and see whos wrong and whos not, not a tool to make people do what u want or threaten with so this might be the community's fault we ended up here since we like to report over nothing and no free kill sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

1) CT rule 16: CTs cannot exit armoury via vents / teleports at any time
    let's say im in carceris map and there is a rebel in disco can i teleport to disco ??
    2) CT rule 19: The last two Ts get Last Request (LR) regardless if they completed games or hid and can't be killed after LR for rebelling beforehand
    this rule will just encourage ts to hide & delay the round (but i think we should try it) & if you can add an option to the server once there are 2 Ts left they get colored in GREEN to remind the cts that they have immunity.
    3) as the rule 19 encourages rebelling i think you should add another rule: Cts are not allowed to go to vent and teleporter endings unless they see the vent open or they clearly see the T using it (paper_alive vent & carceris disco teleporter & new_summer vents endings (bedroom,outside))

11. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I also think we should try it though !
    So far the only problem with this rule has been that people (my self included) are skeptic about changes of any sort, but i can see problems arising from this rule in the future. Ill use what Ace said, once people see that we can change rules or add rules just because someone made a report about someone on the forumsending up in changing something (even tho its been this way since everyone can remember) in the rules some people will want other rules to be changed/added.

12. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think it's unfair for the T to be killed when it comes to LR. The LR is actually a reward for T, it isn't a reward for CT. Last Request is given to the prisoner and this is the reason why the choice of the type of LR is given to the T.

Rule 19 was introduced because CTs would kill the T during the LR period because they had failed to follow a command during the round and therefore rebelled. If this "rebel" T was to win during the first LR, he/she would be killed.

If we remove that rule, that would mean the CTs are allowed to do that since it became a "common practice" to gain kills this way.

The intention is not to ruin the talent shows etc... It's just to give T who reach LR by means of rebelling a chance to win. Rebelling is part of JailBreak.

13. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I fully understand why this rule was added, but i play often and it was very rarely the case where someone would actively try to kill one of the last 2 T's and it was often between close friends in the server, and if not was then frowned upon by the other players resulting in the person doing it or commanding it to think twice before doing it again. This is where one of my major problems about the community comes: Many people use the rules to do something, most often killing a T, because he probably threw a nade but is not a danger(most likely in a the stack at bottom of cell stairs) or just because he was hiding or something, and that person would then kill monger that T. Hes allowed to do it, but should he really ?
    The truth is, atleast from what ive seen is that T's are more than happy to rebel and finish the round then and there instead of dragging it till LR. This is why i believe that bringing the round to LR is actually more of a CT's reward rather than T's and that LR is just a consolidation prize for the T's, i mean thats why its jailbreak, not be the last man standing, BUT i also understand theres some people that actually want to get to LR and we must respect their way of playing the game, thats why i think we should try the rule but i strongly believe it might have to be removed sooner or later as it disrupts the flow of the JB server that has been established well before i joined for the first time.

I understand that the intentions were good, but there is no way to avoid ruining the way many of the games were played until today. But someone smarter than me can come along maybe tommorow or in a week that would figure out a way to deal with this situation.
    Or in other words: Maybe we need to become better CT's.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I will think on it, but as I said in the other thread my initial response is that it is a bad rule. The only solution I can think of at the moment is to completely overhaul or remove the games that don't fit with the rule. The alternative is to just increase the length of the rule to exclude certain games, but with more problematic scenarios likely arising as a result of this rule, it may need to be sentences long to be applicable.

Ts have more than enough of a chance to succeed by rebelling as it is. There's numerous scenarios where Ts are at an equal or greater advantage at the end of the round due to rebelling. For example say there's 10 Ts and 4 CTs. 2 Ts rebel and kill 2 of the CTs, the rest of the Ts die in the game (the nature of some games). You now have 2 armed Ts vs 2 CTs. These Ts don't need LR to increase their chances of success. They are actually at an advantage, as they can also use secrets, camp secrets, camp vents, armoury, medic and so on.

Ts also already have the ability to initiate LR and manipulate it in their favour as a part of rebelling without this rule, i.e. by hitting it fast after they win, and/or by selecting no-scope and using the gun to kill nearby CTs, then initiating LR quickly again (for example). In the scenario above, one T could initiate knife fight to disarm a CT, while the other kills the other CT and waits for the remaining CT to win the LR so they can kill them easily. The T may even purposefully fail the LR to give the other T a clear shot.

These kinds of scenarios are common, and this is partly why Ts usually win rounds.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

19. The last two Ts get Last Request (LR) regardless if they completed games or hid and can't be killed after LR for rebelling beforehand. If a T is rebelling adjacent to the LR or between the LR's, then they should be considered as rebels and can be killed after the LR.

@Nomy I think it’s better than what @Jingle Jangles suggested, since a T can also backstab a CT and choose an lr quickly enough even before the first LR, and he should be considered as a rebel for doing that.

16. l1ke me

l1ke me Junior Member

IMO we need to change the way we command a little to fit with the new rule.For ex: If it was a talent day as @Jingle Jangles said and there is only 3 Ts left then we shouldn't kill one of them for awful talent , we should wait till they all finsh their talent and decide then so the last 2 Ts don't get lr.

Same as many other games like the canon in airship if only 3 Ts left then we shouldn't kill them if they fail , we should wait till they finsh it "then" we kill the ones who failed so only the winner/who managed to do it will get lr and if they all failed then they deserve to die.

So when theres 3 Ts left and one of them failed at doing the command just don't kill him so the other 2 don't get lr unfairly wait till they all finsh then kill the one who failed and that's will be fair IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dev4stator

Dev4stator Member
    Donator

Exactly, couldn't describe it any clearer :)

18. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

the warden can play some games and when there are few Ts left he can see if there are Ts missing or no (like 6 Ts alive and only 4 infront of him he can tell the Cts to find the missing Ts )
    if you apply this rule, all the Ts will notice that they have a new purpose ( hide until LR ),
    i can imagine myself as a warden and i command & open cells then no one comes out cause everyone is hiding behind the toilet then the only thing i can do with my Cts is to rush each cell and kill them & the last 2 can't be killed cause of the rule.
    this is what will happen if you apply the rule (SPOILER ALERT).
    enough talking let's just try it, if a Hell admin can arrange it tomorrow at 6PM or 8PM we all join the server to test the rule and all Cts should be well trusted and they should know the rule.

19. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

in the last 16 hours everyone in the server upheld the rule so its safe to assume most of the playerbase knows about it already. No issues have arisen from it, except for the disdain of 1/3 to 2/4's of the players i played with about the rule just being there. I think they can get over it tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. l1ke me

l1ke me Junior Member

@ACE JAEGER I don't think Ts come to jb to only do lr?! right? They come to jb for several reasons not only for lr it may be for rebelling/playing games etc... So i don't think at all such scenario could happen that all ts will hide in their cells and when 2 left they will do lr ......

• Agree Agree x 1