1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Managers

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Champion!!, Jun 24, 2018.

?

For or against Event Manager idea?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2018.
  1. For

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Against

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

Hi,
    so i come up with an idea of a new role "Event Host" / "Event Manager" just like DJ, PayAdmin

over 2 years i have observed that we usually do like 1-3 official events that are hosted by some really good hell members and i thought of why not start mini events which occur more frequently like once a week or fortnightly or once a month, the mini events vary from zm/ze , deathrun , hungergames , minigames , deathmatch , gungame , surf

just like we usually do Zombie Sundays everyone once a while why not make a mini official event hosted by couple of trusted community members like the ones who like to play zombie mod like me , dildo and a lot more like commanderhanstier and just keep the track of the score, and possibly even give the winners a ribbon/badge on forum in different colors for different modes, (keeping the medals of official hell events higher) giving the role to only trusted players just as it works with payadmins

i have seen a lot of players always ready to play deathrun and its very rare to see a event happening there,
    all the small minigames events like serpentis temple and grand puzzle can be done in a more systematic way without pestering surprise ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

so how the role works
    *the guy who becomes a event host can just set up a mini event and ask nomy for limited admin powers on that server for that one day (like slay, swap, kick, moving to spec & all)
    *abuses can be dealt with and the player can be permanently suspended from that role
    making compulsory for the host to record demo (just in case)
    *if there are 2 hosts that will make it more easy to control

Hell members aren't that active and going around steam asking every hell member if they are free on that day can be really complicated.
    it can also help populate the server

couldn't find any bad with the idea if you think some problems can arise you can reply to this thread or if u agree and would like to play other modes too then spread the message

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Kinda like that idea, would give us more options doing community events for fun (like the mentioned ZE/ZM, but also DR and any other server). Currently we have to rely on HeLL members to keep everything civil or for changing to an event map.
    Dont know if the automatic/skripted "make X Event Manager" would work or if that would be more work for HeLL staff.
    Best would be to make demos kinda mandatory, so we can check if problems arise and to have material for HeLL Community Clips

3. rej

rej Member
    Donator

I like the idea but I’m pretty sure anyone can organize an event given that they ask Nomy. Making that role official will take that away from the community.

Also I don’t think forum medals should be given for such small events, it would take the value away from the existing ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

i just said to make a different prize like a badge or a star which is smaller than the main event medal and displayed after medal

like forum medal is olympic medal and star/badge is medal from commonwealth games

5. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

You don't really need prizes for the events, they are fun by themselves and people are competitive between each other already, insentives are nice but I doubt necessary, but having someone like an event manager is a great idea

An event manager could organise new events or take in ideas from the different members and filter them out, hell members have a lot going on so not having to take care of events or people spamming ideas would be a weight of their shoulder. Also having the manager with admin powers for the event could be useful so it wont be necessary for hell members to supervise each event is a great idea.

Like the dj role I think a select few active members could be selected via application on the forums if they meet certain requirements, clean background, friendly, communicative, open minded etc.Events are really fun and they are good advertisement, also they should not only be limited to css

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Drain

Drain Senior Member
    Donator

surprize is too busy to start serpentis because of rainbow six siege. let me be the event manager and I'll make hell minigame server the most populated server ever ty

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

@Nomy any official news/statement?

8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

[​IMG]

9. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

any possibility of adding a community poll rather than a (only) hell members one

10. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Sure, added.

11. Bruwitz

Bruwitz Member

Damn that would be a good idea? Was it approved?

I think those mini events would bring a lot more people to unpopular server, or even get the popular ones all full.

Great idea!