1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak - Minimum play-time requirement to join CT

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Jingle Jangles, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Do you agree with the idea of a minimum play-time requirement to join CT on Jailbreak?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Personally I don't feel confident going straight into commanding after joining a new server. The rules are different, the players, the environment, the maps.. I run the risk of making mistakes and ruining the game for others when this isn't necessary. I have done this in the past and have learnt from it. The other JB server rules are just too different. I don't join CT right away on new servers any more.

I agree with avoiding CTBanning new players, but it becomes impossible to avoid in a lot of cases.

2. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Although I think the result that you're implying with this is positive and in itself not a bad idea a restriction is still negative. Over the years older regulars have (always) complained that the server isn't as fun as it used to be and a lot more strict and so on (yet it's always active and still fun but of course things change over time). This would only add to their argument which I would partly agree with, JB should be more about fun rather than extra set of rules or restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Currently we have a state where everyone gets to be CT. If you break rules and at least one admin or regular is online, you get banned. Sure its not perfect, see the CT ban list. But the overwhelming majority of players follow the rules. I dont think that its a bad system. Sure, when you get freekilled and nobody takes action its not ideal. But as @Wazblaz and others pointed out, this has worked for a long time.

More than once I was on JB when there was a player or a group that acted like they owned the place, bossing others around, bending rules and stuff. Usually the type that harasses/attacks when you take actions against them (warnings are ignored anyways). At the same time you have new players, that see that such behavior and rule interpretion is accepted by the majority of the current active players (and thereby the server). This can get new players banned or drive them off.

4. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

I do see old regs complain sometimes about new rules and such, which is fine, but I think this is more about nostalgia than it is anything else. These changes increase the overall enjoyment for everyone, not just the old regs. When new players cause havoc on CT, they're reducing the overall enjoyment of the players on the server, and adding an unnecessary workload for admins.

I totally agree JB should be about fun, I always come on to have a laugh (though I'm not funny), and the serious stuff like punishing players I just see as something necessary to do while playing to make sure everyone's happy, I don't really enjoy it.

5. Sucheme

Sucheme Junior Member

This doesn't even happen that much though. Seems like a lot of work to stop something which barely happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

I play on the server a lot and it happens quite often. At least once every couple of days, excluding when I'm not on the server. Certainly more than enough to make the suggestion viable in my opinion.

You also get players join for the first time just to troll and mass freekill / gunplant purposefully and then leave. This would deter / stop these players as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Yes, you get the bad eggs who join CT, who knowingly break rules resulting in CTBans but this suggestion doesn't affect the mass rule-breakers more than it affects the average JB Playerbase, we get new players and experienced players from different communities day-in and day-out. Adding a wall to those who are willing and wanting to learn 'OUR' way of playing JB as CT is a terrible idea, especially as a growing community. Someone who is new and wants to learn CT isn't going to want to sit on T for '60 mins spent alive' just so they can be eligible to join the other role just to get slayed and swapped for a petty mistake by and admin who feels 'they will ruin the atmosphere', this goes the same way for those who are vastly experienced in JB, who come from JB Specific communities much like our own; that share similar rules but are enforced in a different manner.

Not to mention the fact the ratio lock as well as active admins already are soft introductions of this suggestion of which have been on the server for years.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  8. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

I don't think it's a wall at all. Actually I think it facilitates learning the rules quicker if you play T when you first join. CTs have to be very proactive so you can't just sit back and see what the rules are.

If they don't want to wait a relatively short period of time, in a system that is there to protect every player on the server including themselves, that isn't a flaw in the system, it just demonstrates that the new player doesn't care much for trying out the server. Players that are actually interested will surely be just as happy to play T as they are CT, and as I mentioned to Wazblaz, I don't really understand the sentiment of wanting to join CT as soon as you join a new JB server, I think this should be discouraged personally. I used to do this unintentionally on CSGO JB servers when the T team was full and it just ended in disaster. I always had to be swapped to T to learn what the rules of the server were, they're just so different.

As far as punishing players that break rules, this is for the benefit of everyone. If a new player joins CT and runs into the stack or throws his guns down by the Ts, or starts killing Ts for no reason, this disrupts the entire round for the rest of the players on the server, and a slay + swap is often more than necessary and the right thing to do. I don't agree that we should just let these players constantly break rules until they learn not to, this is just not a reasonable way to do things.

As far as players from other JB communities, I addressed this in post #8.

9. Drain

Drain Senior Member
    Donator

To be fair, I agree with Sucheme. its not really a problem and once someone massfreekills they usually disconnect and never join again. those who don't know the rules often get swapped in order for them to learn the rules by payadmins. it's really minuscule even though you don't necessarily agree with it jingle.

10. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

I think when someone new joins CT a 3 hour test shows up that tests if you know the rules or not.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

That's not a bad idea. A lot of servers have a pop up like the box that admins already use on JB, you know that say "(adminname) Rules: No baiting, no etc..."

I definitely don't think this should pop up every time any player joins the server, but if you have less than a certain amount of time on the server, something like the following could pop up if you try to join CT:

"HeLL Jailbreak CT rules:
    - Do not get close to Ts
    - Do not give Ts guns
    - Do not kill Ts without good reason
    - Pay attention to the commander and assist them
    - If warden dies it's a freeday, so until there's new commands, do not kill escaping/disobeying Ts!
    - If you're not confident with this then join T!"

There could be a 10-20 second timer to this so that when that expires the box disappears and the new player can then join CT.

This could just as equally reduce the problem of new/different jb players joining CT and breaking rules, and would impose only a very short restriction compared to the proposition in the OP (30 mins).

I have no idea if this is possible to actually implement in terms of coding.

Edit: doh at me for not realising the comment was a joke! You never know if people are being serious or not.. Anyway the above idea still stands as a suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. JoanXXX

JoanXXX Member

It's actually a pretty good idea. When I joined cts for the first time, I had no idea what the rules were and immediately broke through the vents and gunplanted.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Oh and that was the end of the world was it? xd

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JoanXXX

JoanXXX Member

Yeah not the exactly the worst case scenario.