1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

religious slurs

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Hans Entertainment, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

So, just to be sure again: to say allahu akbar or to sing an islamist song is not allowed, right? Well player "XY" got mad at me because someone else was "showing the warden were the rebellers are" (=tried to rebel and screamed allahu akbar), i typed hahaha because i really thought the wardens gonna die, but the rebller died in the end. player XY started to attacking me, because few days ago he sang a islamic song for Talent Day and I have straight killed him and told warden: its an islamist song, thats why, he said alright, send me the video and he confirmed it (also a PA warned him because of that song). Player XY thought i laughed about the allu akbar, imo I dont care, warn the player and he will understand, but he didnt understand the warning
    IMO hes lucky that he didnt get a mute.

This is not a report, all I want to ask is: Am I right with the first sentence?

Heres the video:

This song was created by the ISIS in the mid 2014.

I think the answer is clear, I just want an official answer and will show the player to stop attacking me for no reason. Ill tag him after I have an official answer

Ty for reading this

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

Religious slurs, connected to whatever religion, don't belong on a game related server, including all of our servers. Especially with the events from the past years connected to IS.

If he's been warned not to use any of these slurs, playing these songs on the servers, and stopped using them, then he's good for now.

If he continues with this kind of behavior, write down a report thread or a PA or Clan member who's in the server at the time can take further actions against this player.

Hope this is clear enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hans Entertainment

yep totally, ty for this response. :)

Here is an official answer @Squid

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

To answer you in detail regarding this:
    Many players ignorantly say "allahu akbar" in mic before death. I think this is quite offensive as they are imitating ISIS terrorist group in-game.
    This would answer for the use of the word allahu akbar in-game, otherwise, muslims worldwide use this word many times.

About the song you linked. This is not an Islamic song. It's a terrorist song created by ISIS in a video where they showed executions and other heinous crimes. This is also not allowed. None of the terrorist group published stuff is allowed on our servers. Just a tip, if it's related to terrorists, just call it by their name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hans Entertainment

To the song: auto correction, I meant not Islamic, I meant islamist. (Changed it now)

Thanks for your detailed answer and I have already told the player not to use it because some players were a bit angry about it, he understood. :)

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Sure you can use the debated term but remember that not all Islamist groups are terrorist or even violent. It's better to just say ISIS since that group used that song in their video.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 1, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 1, 2018 ---
    Oh and btw, religious slurs rule doesn't apply here as you've written on the title of this thread. Non of what you wrote relate to it in any way.

e.g.
    fuck <insert religious group> is not allowed

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Die Before Your Time

As nomy just said and TBH i'm surprised of nomy's background / information , rarely to see these days someone who really can tell you everything in specific details
    yes this song is made/created by ISIS , when they wanna do some kind of montage of the people they killed they use this song
    this song talk about " pretty much if you wanna win the heaven just kill everyone who stand against the islamic religion " ( non believers ) which is forbidden!!
    this song is all about the kills and hate.

8. aniq

aniq Member
    Donator

nomy knows everything mateee