1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answers please

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Not Chucky, May 27, 2018.

1. Not Chucky

Not Chucky Member

I have been wondering that the warden can't command ts in cells right? but when the warden says at the start of the round "Knife the vent to die" isn't that commanding ts in cells? is it allowed to say that or not?

2. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

That's the only command which is allowed

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Not Chucky

Not Chucky Member

but its not written on the rules that it is allowed?

4. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

True but Murky is correct. Knife the vent to die is the only command allowed in cells.

5. Tammahshay ™☆

the thing about playing games in cells should be a cell command aswell then cuz on undertale there are games which give u:teleport anywhere,gun and armoury

6. MHD

MHD Veteran Member
    Donator

It's funny how the rule went from "You cant command Ts to stay in cells/go in cells" to can't command them in the cells. How is it that you can command them not to knife vent but can't command something else, it bends the rule and makes the rule unreliable imo. It just doesn't make sense that you're not allowed to command them in cells.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Larios

Larios Member

While we all know the rules in this server are less clear than ancient mayan manuscripts, commanding T's while they're in cells at the start of the round would make it too easy for cts. There are maps where breaking a vent is basically impossible if the CT team doesnt waste 30 seconds swapping guns in armory, and the only way you can break it is by having your teammate covering the cell entrance from the CTs ( spy vs spy is the most obvious one ). Also, CTs could at that point command Ts to drop the guns outside of their cells, which also would make it too easy.

8. rej

rej Member
    Donator

IMO knifing a vent should make you a rebel without the warden having to command it every round. When you knife a vent you are attempting to rebel and by the rules the CTs can kill you without warnings if you attempt to rebel (e.g going for the vipinthemix vending machine), right?

9. Muhammad Rizwan

@reJected knifing a vent is not make u a rebel using vent or going in vent will make u a rebel

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Die Before Your Time

Are you sure that it's the only one allowed , cause there is a new command going on these days " if you come out with a gun you gonna die " pretty much asking you to leave the gun in your cell

11. RSWReece

RSWReece Member
    Donator

This command is inactive during cells as you have not left the cell yet. Once the cells are open, this command becomes active and therefore is valid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Die Before Your Time

the numbers of people dying because of this command , what making it even worse that it's been commanded by PA's as well

13. MHD

MHD Veteran Member
    Donator

Ofc it makes it easier for the CT's but that depends on how good the CT's are and how bad the T's are. For instance at VIP you can hide behind wall and knife the vent, it only becomes hard when trying to jump in. The terrorist win 75% to 25% on every map anyway so there's no reason to make it easier for the T's.

This happens and is allowed (unless players twisted this to). It's up to the T's to drop the gun or not, if he doesnt he's a rebel. We are commanders in a prison it's so weird to make it not be allowed for us to command a T's to drop his gun out the cells. This makes it dangerous for the CT's commanding. I mean we command you to do something and you do it, that's how it works in prison.

Every command given at beginning of the round is a command that is giving in the cells. For example what @Die Before Your Time said. Not only that one but commanding them to take one step out is also a command giving when they are in cells. Ofcourse they only just become active when they are out they're still commands in cells. It all started when there were a couple of players that twisted the rule, after that others followed. So many followed that even admins started to use this as a rule when in fact it never was. I don't mind it at all but I guess all i'm trying to say is that you shouldn't blindly follow other players when they say something is forbidden when it actually isn't. I was around back then when this rule got twisted by a couple players, it also never got mentioned as a rule on forums back then, it just slided in like men do in the DM's.

14. RSWReece

RSWReece Member
    Donator

I don't think you understand what I mean. There's an active command (a command that CT's can punish for not following at that current time) and an inactive command (a command that has been commanded but is not active yet, it will become active once something happens (ie cell doors opening or a certain time in the map). The only active command that is legal during cells being closed is "Knife a vent to die/Go in a vent to die" as this is automatically rebelling. However, inactive commands tend to also happen when the cells are still closed such as "When cell doors open, take one step out of your cell, face the back of your cell and freeze". The command "Bring out a gun to die" is inactive whilst cells are closed, however once cells are opened this command becomes active and CT's can kill T's that bring out a weapon, as they are not following - a now active - command.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I posted a rule change suggestion in the internal thread: "CTs cannot order Ts to stay in cells / go in cells!" - with regards to the recent thread, change to "CTs cannot order Ts to do anything in cells, except for knife vent to die!". I think this would solve the problem/confusion.

https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/38647/#post-370121

I think this is an example of players making up jb rules.. You can't command in cells whether the cells are opened or not... If you want to be technical about it then yes, "come out of your cell" would be the 2nd, and only other command in cells allowed, but this isn't even enforced in reality because it's a rule that Ts cannot delay so this is why Ts that stay in cells are killed. Also it's worth pointing out that any T that goes back into cells during the round is not following commands, as it is not a permissible command to send Ts back into cells, so these Ts can be killed without commanding them.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  16. Not Chucky

Not Chucky Member

So is it allowed to command ts to not knife vent or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

"Knife the vent to die"

is allowed.