1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abusing vote ban

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by ACE JAEGER, May 8, 2018.

1. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

Hello everyone , like always JailBreak is the most famous server of Hell servers (many players 24/24 ; 7/7),
    sometimes we find many admins online ingame in the same time and there is only 10 players or less online,
    and no admins online when server is full +25 players online.
    this is not the problem
    everyone knows if there is an admin online or no by typing (votectban,votemute,voteban,votekick.....)
    if you get the list (no admin online)
    and when they see that there is no admin everyone start breaking rules (freekilling,ct camping vents,gunplanting,abusing votebans........)
    i suggest that even if there is an admin online everyone can (votemute,voteban........) i mean they get the list and they can choose the target and everyone can vote
    but the vote doesn't count even if the votes are 20(yes) 0(no)
    and everyone will think that there is no admin and they will start abusing and breaking rules.
    like an undercover admin.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I think the players that know how to test admin presence with !voteban etc. know the names of all the admins anyway so it wouldn't really fool who it's intended to.

If the !voteban functions appeared but didn't actually work with an admin on, then using it for no reason or against players in this circumstance wouldn't be abusing because it's a non-function with no effect. Players would also soon realise that it's not working anyway and trigger them as a joke, especially if they've seen this thread.

Probably recording and reporting is the best way to deal with voteban abusers and rule breakers.

3. ACE JAEGER

ACE JAEGER Member

many admins like thedarkknight work undercover and everyone can smell their presence by checking the vote.

4. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

5. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Not that this is related to votectban but more about admin presence. Do people think it would be a good idea to let normal players use the !admins command to see which admins are online? Would be easier than the constant question of 'Who's admin?'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. PsyDaniel

PsyDaniel Member

The suggestion is good but not because of the reason stated.
    The suggestion is good because sometimes there are admins who are the only admins on the server and they stay AFK mostly in spec and do nothing if some one is rule breaking, this happens way too often, there were cases where a mass freekiller would mass freekill but the admin would be afk, happend to me once but even the small probabilty is still an annoyance.

7. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Usually, admins are not afk while they are in spec. Most of the time they are trying to collect evidence. But it happens that admins are afk in spec. I am guilty of that, however, I don't usually stay afk in spec for no good reason.

8. PsyDaniel

PsyDaniel Member

I know that but afk admins happens usually alot during late night when most mass freekillers are on, thats why its a problem i understand some stuff need to be done away from keyboard but training muscle memory to leave everytime you go AFK would be a simplier solution

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Derp: !admins

Server:
    =============================
    Online Admins:
    GeorgeLAD
    =============================

Derp: hey admin geroge
    Derp: Can you do this?
    Derp: Can you do that?
    Derp: GeorgeLAD can you make me a toast.
    *DEAD* Derp: admin freekill!!! ctban plox
    *DEAD* Derp: admin why you ignoring me
    *DEAD* Derp: George ban him!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Ah I forgot about the notorious Derp

11. SenorPedro

SenorPedro Member
    Super User

There has always been a problem on the server with trolls and 2-faced players acting like dickhead until an admin joins where they quickly change their behaviour until the admin leaves again
    Very annoying situation when you're called to the server to specifically deal with that player