1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

only english in chat.

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Die Before Your Time, May 7, 2018.

1. Die Before Your Time

hello everybody , i'm here suggestion the "only english in chat " to be in the server's rules and i'll explain why ..

it happened that when i'm in the server some people show an awful behavior by typing arabic in english letters , and it happened to me more than once but admins reply was " how can i tell if what he said was a disrespect ? " , and that's true , it happened also some arabic players calling non arab people including hell clan members with words such as " pigs and non believers dogs" and a lot of hate words , when i read that i felt the disrespect to the others like if it's about me but i couldn't do anything as an admin can't take actions ....
    the " only english in chat " rule is very important and it'll solve a lot of troubles ..
    correct me guys if i'm mistaking and tell me what do you think about this if it's gonna be in the server's rules

2. Batman

Batman Member
    Donator

Typ this in console > hud_saytext_time 0
    to disable the chat box lennyface.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Report it? You can report because of disrespecting someone in another language...

4. Die Before Your Time

if you gonna report every single one of them you need to post a report every single day , why we just fix it by making it a rule

5. Hans Entertainment

It doesnr happen that often, most of the guys are saying it without meaning it seriously, I even admit that I talk in german with other Germans and we swear each other and we still cool, you can differentiate if the person swear in a serious way or not

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Die Before Your Time

exactly my point , a lot of them using it as insult / hate , most of them are serious tho

7. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Either way, I think it would be best for you to tell them to stop doing it and if they don’t collect screenshots then report when you have significant evidence

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

If its really disrespecting we can always use google translate!

9. Hans Entertainment

Pons is 10000000000000000000 times better

10. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

What
    What is pons?

11. Die Before Your Time

I have screenshots, i'll show you how it's hard to read and no way you can translate them on google , why we don't just fix it instead of keep reporting , english in chat is in almost all the active servers
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2018, Original Post Date: May 7, 2018 ---
    Google cannot translate that , already wanted to give it a try

12. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

I understand for English only to be enforced on the microphone, but on text chat come on !
    As stated previously if they really won't stop after you ask them to, take evidence to the forums and they'll be dealt with efficiently.
    It's not because most people won't understand them that you have to ban all languages apart from English in the text chat.
    And if it happens to be too much of a problem for you personally and you can't ignore it, and can't be hassled to report them, there's always the pay-admin option I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hans Entertainment

An online dictionary, it's really good, I use this for vocals in English and French and also for presentations in french when I hadn' any time to do it on my own (translated my text from German to french, got all points lol)

14. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I don't think online translators or dictionaries will help. Many just use romanised version of their languages.

The best is to report the player with translation. We allow all languages in chat just not on mic for obvious reasons. Its not difficult for us to find out what a text means especially with the help of community members.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Die Before Your Time

Well, i guess I'll stick with the reports.

16. Zeo

Zeo Member

talking about me? @Joker* ? @Amin ? @Captain Shhhh @Blake Mars ?...... is "ya halouf=you ping" "ya 5arouf=sheep" "ya 7mar=donkey" disrespect ???!define disrespect please? what about other players who type in others languages? like germany and russian no you dont mind but you have a problem with arabs :) i see you have no arabic friends here why? idk! me and the others we type in arabic to talk with each other for fun no more nor less and no one offended .just you ??why?explain your self so we understand! "sorry my English is bad " post the ss you talk about let us see the disrespect :mm: :wasntme:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

What’s the difference between getting insulted at in English or any other language anyway.

Ignore it and carry on/collect evidence simples

• Like Like x 2
  18. Die Before Your Time

Idk why you're tagging them , but my post isn't about any of you , you will see the report soon and you will know who am i talking about.

19. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Getting the feeling you are about to kill someone.

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. Hans Entertainment

you are always making it worse zeo...

• Agree Agree x 1