1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3-4 Last Request winners

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Die Before Your Time, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Larios

Larios Member

The right of LR is earned by remaining alive. Wether you follow the commands or hide around the map, it's the same. Jailbreak is about rebelling, so punishing rebels in any way isn't gonna bring anything good to the server. Why would you think "last request" should be given based on the term?

The fact that you can't find a way to let more than 2 survive in some games doesn't change anything. Survival of the fittest, some people choose the wait for others to die? Tell them to be constantly playing. Some people are better than others and actually survive, getting further than others even if they didn't finish the game? Well, they earned their LR either they wanna complete the game or not.

2. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Strong use of the word 'earned' here. Not sure you're earning it by simply remaining alive.

I don't think not automatically giving LR to rebels is punishing them at all. If you're rebelling you have a good chance of increasing your score or even winning the round, and activating LR in this instance only reduces your chance of survival as everyone discovers your location and just waits for you to finish to kill you instantly.

I've already given reasons for this.

3. Larios

Larios Member

To remain alive you have to play games and win them. If you manage to remain alive in any other way, it means you tricked the CTs in some way and that earns you the right to do !lr.

What if you're getting shot and you're low HP? Not many rebels do !lr if they have the chance to rekt the CTS in any other way, and if they do !lr it's to rebel.

Why should the concept of realism apply to last request and not to everything else? You say it makes perfect sense because it's the CTs who grant your last request, then it should make sense too that the CTs don't hide guns around their jail and don't make vents out of hair.

4. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Not necessarily, i.e. if you were just afk and come back you haven't exactly tricked anyone.

If jailbreak is about rebelling then rebelling properly should be encouraged, losing a gunfight by getting shot to 10hp then quickly spamming into lr to save yourself is an example of exactly why it does not make sense for the feature to automatically be there. If you're going to rebel you should face the consequences if you fail. As far as using the rebel option in the LR menu in this situation I'd apply all my previous arguments as to why this is not fair to the other Ts and does not make sense in the context of playing games for lr.

I already said that jailbreak should not be realistic in every way, just that in this case it would make a lot of sense.

5. Larios

Larios Member

If the CTs don't check the cells it's their fault. Also this is a rare occasion, and when it happens the afk guy usually doesnt come back for !lr, it's not like he has some kind of alarm clock that warns him.

Problem is that the T has to be between the last 2 to "abuse" this thing. ALso, as you already said, CTs are gonna gang on him waiting for his LR to end to kill him, so I don't see the problem here. I didn't say they would use the rebel option while getting shot, I meant that if someone is rebelling around the map and he casually ends up being between the last 2 Ts, then he's probably gonna use the rebel option in !lr. UNLESS his point was to reach LR by rebelling, which would be a tactic not usable anymore if your suggestion gets put on the server.

No, you're saying that JB should be realistic only for the things you want to be so.

6. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

It's not difficult if you really want to get there imo. It should be a reward if people do find it hard to get !lr then it's a good thing. It's like giving medals to people for taking part..