1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3-4 Last Request winners

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Die Before Your Time, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Die Before Your Time

hello everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this
    most of the days when the server is full we play like 34 T and 12 CTs ( smth like that )
    on these rounds we kill in game 32 player just to let 2 get LR
    my suggestion is to increase the LR winners when there is more than 30 T playing on the server
    it doesn't feels right that only 2 will get LR out of 34-36 T
    so if we can change this and let last 3 get LR not only 2
    it's just a suggestion cause i doesn't seems to be the right thing to let only 2 got LR out of 36 players

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. LT.YuutAGod

LT.YuutAGod Member

last request is usually for one person dont see why make it 3, nothing feels better than a well earned LR

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sucheme

Sucheme Junior Member

What if you want to be last t to rebel. It will just make rounds take longer than they have to.

4. Larios

Larios Member

There's no need to make rounds longer than they already are.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Die Before Your Time

totally agree with you guys but but the point is if we let 3 get LR instead if 2 when there is more than 30 player in T team.

6. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Two options: either last 2 or last 4 get LR, both is impossible.....the last people should get LR? So when 8 people are Ts then the last 4 will definitely get LR after 1 min, because the first 4 will rebel, don't follow command etc. Also when more people are on the more you tend to delay the round more as a T, isn't it?

7. Die Before Your Time

yeah you're right about the round delay , but we're also delaying while playing / clearing guns / killing rebellers , so somehow it's balanced ?

8. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I don't think making things more complicated is a good idea. I think it's fine how it is.

9. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I think LR should become a distributable command. So when two Ts remain the warden has the power to either give LR or not. This would stop the whole "kill him after LR" nonsense when Ts do LR without completing a game and so on, and rebels constantly getting LR. Plus it makes sense, as the name implies, it's your "last request", last requests are given. I mean, you'd probably need a new rule like "LR should be distributed fairly" to avoid favoritism (though no favouritism is already a rule), but otherwise I think it could work.

As far as the OP suggestion I think only having two LR when there's a full server makes the it more challenging, fun and rewarding to achieve.

10. Die Before Your Time

That's so perfect ?!!
    You mean like a screen show up to the warden and select the names of the LR winner right ?

11. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

yeah

12. Die Before Your Time

it's not about making it more complicated , it's all about to add 1 more LR winner , that's it ,

13. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Actually a good idea but just think about the topic "favouritism".
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 26, 2018 ---
    How is it balanced? CTs have to clear guns etc., those delays aren' a must!

14. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

server is not full 24/7
    more than 12 hours a day it has less than 15 non spectator players and some afk as Ts
    and as the most common case only half Ts are alive while playing a game and according to you they all get lr before even winning a game.

lr is not the last thing in jailbreak you can always rebel. easily getting lr will make it more and more booring

15. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Thought you said if there are 30+ players it changes my bad.

Regardless I think 2 works great and wouldn't want a change. If anything I'd want it to change to 1 over making it 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Die Before Your Time

Go for ir

17. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

Done hundreds of times. 2 is more than enough. If you can't make it to lr maybe try getting better at game mechanics

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Die Before Your Time

It's not about me , i play as a ct almost all the time and i suggest something and I couldn't convince people with my suggestion, don't be butthurted please

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  19. Larios

Larios Member

That'd be a terrible idea. The option to rebel and then do LR is earned by the T by remaining alive. If I want to LR to cheat out of doing a game i have the right to do it. Warden's fault for not considering the possibility of Ts dying during the game ( often I see wardens kill people during talent day and then blaming the remaining 2 Ts of doing LR instead of the talent, I mean you basically gave them victory why should they risk death? ). Also I should have the right to rebel and then do !lr if the situation gets bad for me. I was one of the last 2 remaining Ts after all. It's not like getting to lr is that easy, removing the chance of the Ts doing lr whenever they want is just plain stupid. This is just gonna make the server more boring. Just cause it's called "last request" doesn't mean it has to be realistic.

Also you'll disrupt a lot of "techniques" that rely on hiding/rebelling in order to get LR.

20. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Saying you 'have a right to lr' isn't really an argument against the idea, and I don't think you do have a right to lr intrinsically. I also don't think camping cells or being afk or hiding somewhere means that you've 'earned' lr. The 'right' to a last request is earned by following the warden and winning games that he has commanded. That makes total sense to me by the very definition of 'last request'. I understand that jailbreak doesn't have to be realistic (bodies don't fly off a thousand yards when a guard noscope headshots a prisoner for not crouching in a real prison environment) but I think this is one case where the definition of the term would be appropriate to be accurate as far as the in-game mechanics go and how it works.

As far as CTs should control for rebels when killing losers of games for example, well a lot of the time this isn't possible and you end up with either 1 or no winners (i.e. if everyone dies in the game).