1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Issue ?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by LittleDemon, Apr 22, 2018.

1. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

I've been getting that kind of bs for a lil over 2 years now across most css servers and csgo and decided to finally try and troubleshoot it.

This is one of the "lighter" delays I seem to be getting when peaking, but I also get delays when it comes to shooting heads and stuff, like I gotta aim ahead of where the person's gonna be to actually hit them.

I'm using Ethernet and it happens even when i'm the only one on my network, I'm using Windows 10 and disabled (i think?) all background downloading shits, so I'm pretty lost as to where to even start finding a fix for that.

Every now and then there will be a few minutes where it seems to go smoothly and all my shots actually land, but that's pretty rare.

Hope you guys can give me some advice apart from the bs "git gud' etc.

Looking for something constructive.

Thanks !

2. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Your monitor refresh rate and mouse input delay and a lot of other factors who can make it look "laggy" when you shoot and don't hit the head. Packet Loss is also a possible issue
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 22, 2018 ---
    @LittleDemon

3. Soul Reaver

Soul Reaver The Experienced
    Retired Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ici

ici The Experienced

Try to fine tune your rates. Refer to the article Soul Reaver posted.
    Here are my settings:

rate 1000000
    cl_cmdrate 101
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_lagcompensation 1
    cl_interp 0.1
    cl_interp_ratio 2
    fps_max 121

5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

You have an 120hz monitor, thats why u have your max fps 121. But if you have a 60Hz = fps_max 61, 144Hz = fps_max 145. If you want unlimited fps type fps_max 0

6. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

Its your ms. If ypu have 100 ms and dueling someone with 50... well its might be a microsecond but the person sees you twice faster than you see him.

7. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

skip to 4:56

• Like Like x 1
  8. ici

ici The Experienced

Here's another good article: https://developer.valvesoftware.com...rver_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization

@Jan I have a 60 Hz monitor. I cap fps in games because I don't like putting a strain on the GPU. Most importantly, it keeps my laptop a little cooler.

There are two reasons why I've doubled it.
    • To prevent screen tearing
    • For some reason if you have it set lower than the tickrate of the server, your strafes get fucked. I dare you to bhop on EZMode with fps_max set to 30. See how much speed you'll get compared to using fps_max 100+. Here's a video describing the issue: https://youtu.be/oeGp6lBWAy4

9. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Hey thanks everyone, I do remember back then checking for loss and choke and I do get a bit of both every so often, so I dunno, might have to do with my whole connection.

My router tends to restart by itself from time to time, but it's the second time we've had it replaced already so not sure what to do.

My best guess will be to try on someone else's internet and see if I experience the same issue. Also my monitor, since it's a TV and I do know that in itself is already a big issue (fake 100hz that is actually 60hz blabla).

Like I've said in the main post, this is one of the lighter ones, but it happens constantly and makes it really not fun to play.

Sometimes it does stop acting that way and starts actually registering right, but it never lasts that long.

All of these problems together make for quite some unfun gameplay haha.

Thanks for your guys' help anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

God daym. Either way, I use fps_max 300 with all high. So I'm good fam :p

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Looks like Anthony has low rates. If he does then he would be the only player hard to kill for you. Or some others who had bad rates.

The rates posted above are bit different. Here is whats recommended for ]HeLL[ CS:S:

rate 30000
    cl_cmdrate 100
    cl_updaterate 100
    cl_interp 0
    cl_interp_ratio 1

These will work even for 100 tick servers. It's different on CS:GO so don't use these rates on CS:GO or vice versa.