1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video game sampling in music: Burial

Discussion in 'Videos' started by GeorgeLAD, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Dunno if any of you know who Burial is, he's one of the original dubstep producers, starting around 2004/2005, before the rubbish that is Skrillex. The strange thing about Burial is that noone really knows who he is (a Banksy of music), if you watch the video it will tell you that he was nominated for a Mercury Music Prize, therefore newspapers set out to try and find his identity.

He uses a lot of video game sounds, and random samples from YouTube to create his music, if you enjoy music production you might find this interesting.

Just wanted to give some attention to this guy who creates amazing, but haunting music. I've got his two albums on vinyl and it sounds incredible with the scratchy effects he uses. (Btw if you wanna check him out listen to his older stuff, for me his newer stuff isn't as good). Honestly, the more you listen to the sounds in the song the more you like it, I wasn't into it at first, but if you keep the tracks on repeat it grows on you instantly.

He's never performed live, and one of the only instances of contact with media is in a Guardian interview in 2007: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2007/oct/26/urban

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ici

ici The Experienced

I like this one

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeorgeLAD

Donator

He has loads of unique songs, this ones darker but has so many different samples in one track.

Also someone edited the last few minutes of an 11 minute song called 'Rival Dealer', sounds so good, 2:45 onwards o.o

• Like Like x 1
  4. ici

ici The Experienced

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeorgeLAD

Donator

A lot of sad music, someone nicely put this over the top of The Machinist

This one's by far the best from his first album.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018