1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slaying whilst tank/Mike Myers

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by GeorgeLAD, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Well that's a false statement that I didn't make.. I said:

(by "it" I mean what I said before, when a player intentionally kills an afk tank)

I did not say that an afk tank is selected more often than a non-afk/properly selected tank.

Do you mean to say that afk tanks are not killed more often than a tank slays himself? Even so, this still wouldn't make what I'm saying a false statement, as it's a matter of personal experience, and our experiences differ. In my playing on the server I have seen more players intentionally kill afk tanks than tanks intentionally slay themselves, and this is what I said and meant above. You could say that you have more experience on the server so your opinion on what happens more often has more weight, but that doesn't make my observations in my more limited experience therefore false.

I maintain the argument that intentionally killing an afk tank knowing that it can easily be reset is no different to slaying as tank yourself, and to refer to what the OP said about slaying as tank, it's definitely selfish and ruins the fun for others.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

I disagree, this situation has been happening for some moths now, when the tank is chosen and when they realize that the tank is AFK, then they scream with their mics and spam in chat: " ADMIN, TANK AFK". However, they rather kill the tank then waiting that PAs change the tank as fast as possible.....

IMO those who killed the AFK tanks are often those who spam often "PLS SD; SD SD SD" should get a warning first, when they keep their behaviour, then they deserve a small punishment (e.g. 10-30 ban)

3. Beef

Beef Guest

this is the stupidest thread ever mate, when they are killing the afk tank, they are enjoying their selves as well. i always see people screaming and laughing when its an afk but when its not afk they usually just die early on and not really enjoy it especially if its a good tank (@TrustMe u pece of shit) so i think that no actions should be taken on this issue because even though he is afk, its just up to how fast the admin is, and if he dies no problem man its just 1 SD so calm ya tits down hansi u tryna ban 80% of the active player base mate.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2018 ---
    As for mmd slayers as said by Wazzy, it should be left up to the admin's opinion. If he is sure the player did it on purpose to ruin the SD(maybe bragging about after or before the SD, for example saying if i'm mike imma slay) then its fine to take action.Then again if its a person that slayed unintentionally or something of that sorts then he should be forgiven (aka new player gets trolled by players to slay).
    In the end, its all up to the online admin, and since MMD is hell members only SD, i think leaving it to the admins opinion is fine.

4. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Necessary to bump this after 2 months and say this?

The thread isn't about killing afk tanks, it's about those who slay purposely (also don't see what's fun about shooting an afk person??)

You said the same thing 3 times in 1 paragraph and also clarified that Waz has already said these things...

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hans Entertainment

Because we plebs have no dumb button:

"Dumb"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  6. Beef

Beef Guest

Oy don't critisize my english level u fucks, i'm still learning so calm the fuck down. Jeez some people have no shame, i had to learn english on my own ok i didin't start studying it till the last year before high school.

7. Hans Entertainment

I don't critize your English, I critize the content of your post by saying "dumb", nothing else....I am pretty sure that @GeorgeLAD meant it also like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beef

Beef Guest

so u saying i should delete the second part cause it's just me repeating the same thing?

9. Hans Entertainment

No what I mean is that your post was not referring to the topic what george has already sorted out, thats it

10. Beef

Beef Guest

alright

11. Larios

Larios Member

A simple "1" - "2" button with like a 10 sec timer that asks you if you want to be the tank or if you want to pass it to someone else would solve the problem. If the timer reaches 0 the tank automatically passes to another guy, who will have to decide if he wants to be the tank or not. Obviously the selection of the tank and the passing system will still be random.

This will guarantee no more afk tanks and no more slaying tanks. Obviously, if you decide to be the tank and then slay you'll get slaughtered by some payadmin

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kalle

Kalle Newbie

thats a nice idea , but its not that easy to impliment that.

13. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

I'm the one slaying as Tank :p tank day the worse sd there is... its just one guy camping in one area with 7000hp waiting for the ts to come in to die.. I would rather it be the next map and carry on with Normal days as its just boring waiting on spec for 15mins watching people camp when dead.. I agree with larios with a 10 sec button but I know it wont happen as takes time to make.

14. Kalle

Kalle Newbie

just because u dont like it, doesnt mean u gotta ruin it for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2