1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTs opening armoury doors from outside

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Nomy, Mar 30, 2018.

?

Should CTs be able to open VIP's armoury door from outside?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2018.
  1. CTs should NOT be able to open VIP's armoury door by shooting it from outside.

31.5%
  2. CTs should be able to open VIP's armoury door by shooting it from outside.

68.5%
  1. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Hey guys,

Recently there was a plugin added to JB that prevents certain armoury buttons from opening by gun shots.

In this poll we are talking about the map jb_vipinthemix and the button in question is:

[​IMG]

This door can be opened by CTs by shooting it's button from outside, through the glass.

[​IMG]

This has been fixed so that button can no longer be activated by damage.
    Other maps that have their armoury button fixed are carceris and lego. This poll is only for vip.

The argument against this is that CTs are vulnerable if they use the teleport/vent to get back in.
    The argument for this is that the map maker didn't design this door to be opened from outside so it's a "bug" which CTs exploit to get back in and kill the T who is in the armoury.

Please vote. The outcome of this poll decides the action for the armoury button on VIP.

2. Die Before Your Time

the poll is unnecessary, the total number of maps support the " shoot the button to open " around 3-4 maps
    shooting the button to open the armory it's kind of fair and balanced for both sides as it might take couple of tries on different maps when the button is invisible to open the armory doors

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Maybe read the post before calling it unnecessary?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Are you for or against? I can’t make sense of this post

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Die Before Your Time

exactly i call it unnecessary cause the post says it all
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2018 ---
    with " shooting the button to open the armory it's kind of fair and balanced for both sides as it might take couple of tries on different maps when the button is invisible to open the armory doors "

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. amstram

amstram Member

depends of the map
    because on vip, you only open armoury to kill the one guy camping at the back of it
    but in carceris, it's really unfair, because you can basically kill the rebel before even he has a chance to get a gun (if you open the door, you can shoot him straight away as he comes from the vent)

7. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Carceris has been fixed. We are voting on whether to keep it on VIPINTHEMIX only.

For me because you can see the button you should be able to shoot it. So damage should be enabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. amstram

amstram Member

in vip it should be allowed, as the rebel can kill the guy trying to open it anyway

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

This poll is for vip only.

10. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

to make it fair in vip map if cts are not allowed to shot the armory butten from the window then ts should not be allowed to camp behind the teleporter to armory.

cuz if a t camps there behind the boxes and waiting for cts that get teleported we will fail everytime cuz when a ct gets teleported he get teleported facing window infront and t camping behind so its very hard to control it..

this map should stay the way it is,

even if we cts open armory from the window while ts are rebeling inside armory ct stil fail hard in vip map its a very hard map to command in and ts insta rebel,,

if you take off the butten in this map then we will have rebeling ts staying in armory and not moving cuz they know we need to get them or the round will not go on lets say if there are 3 ts alive 1 rebeling and 2 doing commands geting lr,

this will be very unfair to the cts and extrem hard to control ts in a chaos map like vip..

this is my opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Yeah it’s not been an issue on VIP so I think it should stay as it has always been

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I myself sometimes open the armory door in carceris from the outside but i personaly think its a cheap tactic and refrain from using it. I think it should just be against the rules. Dont disable the option to shoot all the buttons tho, please.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2018 ---
    If its posible to make so only the armory door is not possible to be opened then i wouldnt have that big of an issue.

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

It only affects that one button.

14. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

Oh im all for that then, the carceris one is cheap af. The one in Vip not so much, its the only real way you can get inside without insta gibbing from someone camping the far back corner than can cover both teleport spawn and vent.

15. J.Gatsby

J.Gatsby Member
    Donator

Allow that button to work by shooting it please. Its shite getting killed when its your only option as to killing a camping little bitch ... sorry T

16. DaNiNeX

DaNiNeX The Experienced

Given how hard it is to control t's on vip i would allow it since its a safer way to dispose of rebels that camp the entire round inside the armory.
    And also reduce the rebel friendly aspect of the map since it is so hard to command already

17. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I think vip should stay unchwnged, but lets say carceris, you can open the armory from outside the moment the T breaks the vent. Very unfair imo. There are 3 vents leadin to it from the outside do easiest armory to clear of Ts

18. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

This thread has nothing to do with careris

19. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

My bad men, there was other people discussin it and i gave my 2 cents. I have voted aproprietly based on whqt i think.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

DONT GIVE COPS MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO KILL US