1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door spamming

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by D҉A҉V҉E҉, Mar 19, 2018.

1. D҉A҉V҉E҉

D҉A҉V҉E҉ Member
    Donator

Hello,

I don't know if this idea already came up ,
    but sometimes all the t's need to pass a door the same time.
    FUN! let's just spam the door so no one can get through.

now I'd like to ruin that fun with a suggestion.
    what if we put like a delay of 3-5 seconds on these doors to open/close them?
    Like someone opens the door , and then everyone needs to wait 3-5 seconds if they want to close it.
    So there will no more door spamming.

just an idea,

chereo

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

Hello,

So let's do some maths .. let's say every map have 30 door on average , and let's suppose hell jb server have like 40 map , so the mapper (poor @Steezy ) will need to edit the scripts one by one and map by map, if every door take 15min to edit, the mapper need at least 30x40x15= 18 0000minutes so he can make this happen. + this is part of the game , and actually a reality. I would say it's perfect like this and actuall the commander need to deal with it.

Thanks. Captain Shhhh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ici

ici The Experienced

This is where server-side scripting comes into play. I can code it as long as the idea gets approved.

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

What's the idea? hooking buttons? What about certain games/buttons that will break with the button press cooldown?

5. ici

ici The Experienced

I was thinking about looping through func_door_rotating entities and performing this on them all:
    PHP:
    // Amount of time, in seconds, after the door has opened before it closes. Once it has closed, it can be used again. If the value is set to -1, the door never closes itself.
    DispatchKeyValue(ent"wait""3"); // 3 seconds

Alternatively, you could do this manually by hooking entity outputs and sending inputs:
    PHP:
    // lock the door during OnOpen to prevent it from getting closed
    AcceptEntityInput(ent"Lock");

// close the door after a timer of 3 seconds
    AcceptEntityInput(ent"Close");

// and finally unlock it once OnFullyClosed gets called
    AcceptEntityInput(ent"Unlock");
    If you do it manually, I think you'll be able to tell who opened/closed the door by looking at the activator. Which in turn will allow you to block the event if it's the same player spamming.
    PHP:
    /**
    * Called when an entity output is fired.
    * @param output        Name of the output that fired.
    * @param caller        Entity index of the caller.
    * @param activator        Entity index of the activator.
    * @param delay            Delay in seconds? before the event gets fired.
    * @return                    Anything other than Plugin_Continue will supress this event,
    *                                returning Plugin_Continue will allow it to propagate the results
    *                                of this output to any entity inputs.
    */
    typeset EntityOutput
    {
        function 
    void (const char[] outputint callerint activatorfloat delay);
        function 
    Action (const char[] outputint callerint activatorfloat delay);
    };
    Source: https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/sdktools_entoutput/__raw

As for map games, I can't think of any where players are meant to interact with this type of entity. Maybe @Steezy or @Raphi could confirm.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

This isn't the solution we are looking for since it will make all func_door_rotating autoclose in specified seconds.

This is what I was asking about.

I'm sure i've seen a game on Raphi's map where the player spams a button to win. Cant remember the name of the game or the map.

7. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

jb paradise prison, it works like those water gun in carnivals but never seen any warden play that ever i think it is kind of bugged

Bananas : You'll have to press as fast as you can the face to make jumping the banana. The fastest win the game.

8. Raphi

Raphi Member
    Mapper

The problem with my game is that buttons have limits, it can't be pressed fastly (not like door for exemple).
    However on CSGO on jb_paradise_lost, I've used game_ui, and I can know when player left click (even if it's really fast)

9. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

Im not sure this would be a great idea as cts will be wanting to go in and out of the doors too when ts go but if the door shuts on them they have to wait 5 sec ? this will mean the warden or ts are left on there own for that long.. I know I could rebel in that time :) but also if a ct was trying to run away from 5 ts coming to him near the door, but the door was just shut he wont have no where to go. its a nice idea for when ts are going somewhere but I don't think it will work on a few maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. D҉A҉V҉E҉

D҉A҉V҉E҉ Member
    Donator

I see your point , and I agree with it. Maybe we can only put a delay to close the door? so like 5 seconds waiting until you can close the door , and to open it , it can happen immediately.

11. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

No door spamming is fun it will reduce the ts especially in lego its hard map so it will reduce the ts for you and you will have a chance to win the round :D:D

• Agree Agree x 1