1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command or Slay "Rule"

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by TrustMe, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

Fairly often after all the CTs die and i am the last CT, and all the Ts are rebelling (or all but a few), after 5-10 seconds i am warned "command or slay" by new admins. I don't think the are assessing the round and that pretty much everyone is rebelling & that they wouldn't even listen to commands. I understand if a CT is camping in a corner somewhere not commanding (or even if they are commanding while camping in a corner) but i am hunting down active rebels.

I've started seeing admins slay for this "rule" which isn't even a rule & i dont want to start getting slayed by admins for no reason while killing rebels.

again - i totally understand warning/slaying the last CT if the are camping and delaying.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

rofl, i see this command from every admin , donator admins or hell admins. And this is not set as a rule i know , but it says just take command and don't delay. What if the warden dies and the last ct don't want to command and enjoy watching t's? and the t's are not even rebelling ?

3. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

Well it's nice gunning everyone down as the last one left but there's a lot of people waiting for the next round to start and if every Ct is dead it has already become a pointless round so people just want to get it over with, it's basically your satisfaction as the last Ct left on one side and the whole server waiting for the round to end on the other side.

4. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

i dont think ppl will die in real life if they wait 5-10 more sec while he is killing rebelers,
    yes ppl want to play but what does it matter command or not when its a 5-10 sec more waiting?
    thats not even delaying and should not even be a warning for in my eyes,

i see alot of ppl typing and spamming command or slay this is not a rule and its not delaying cuz of the few sec ppl wait,,,

if there are no rebelers and ct dont want to command and all just sit there and dont do anything that is dealying, but if the ct is hunting rebelers that is not dealying cuz he is doing the objectiv in jb killing rebelers, even if he dont command lets say there are 5 ts 3 rebeling 2 are not that means he is trying to finde the other 3 so they can do lr, but if the round takes to long to finish whitout commanding then admins can interfer with delaying thats how i take it,

ppl need to stop making up own rules

i say again a 5-10 sec or les to try and kill a rebeler whitout commanding is not delay its some sec not min,,

i have seen this happen many times and it have never been longer then some sec before last ct got killd

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Croucher

Croucher Senior Member

This causes : delay, delay, delay, and more delay
    even if the last CT is hodor, it will take a decent amount of time, which will make players quit

6. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

Exactly , if the ct started delaying or just sittin doin nothing then he should get slayed. it's never a rule , but it does include on delaying.

7. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

20180309140857_1.jpg

P.S the "command or slay" as soon as no one commanded thing was kind of started as a troll by reboubler as a way to votectban ppl for no reason. Now admins are using it as a"rule" and slaying ppl for doing nothing wrong....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  8. PsyDaniel

PsyDaniel Member

This isnt 5-10 seconds rounds which the last CT doesnt command usually takes as much as 5-10 minutes delay, especially if the warden is so inclined to play games after he's done killing rebels.

9. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I loved the last CT plug in we had.. shame it was removed

10. Captain Shhhh

Captain Shhhh Member
    Donator

First of all, I slayed him for delaying and baiting, I will not take this as a report so no need to provide the proofs. That ct was just standing in front of me and few t's, he's doing nothing but watching us and baiting. Don't know why you shared this screenshot, and don't forget that you kept provoking for that and I just ignored. Interfering with admins is also a rule. Also after that round exactly 3 or 4 ct's were the last and no one of them commanding, but they was chasing the rebellers. I don't slay for staying as a last ct without commanding (there's evenoen no rule that allow me to do it), I slay for delaying and doing nothing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 9, 2018 ---
    Just bring it back :)

11. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

to fix this problem we need to be more strickt when it comes to ct need a mic and step up with commanding then less ppl will complain about last ct not commanding,

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. PiLLY

PiLLY Member
    Donator

this would happen left if pay admins used common sense and swapped cts without mics instead of first ct to die/last ct joined/people they dislike with mics

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

It's good rule to say "Command or slay" but no need to be thappy with it.

• Repost Repost x 1
  14. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

It's cts rensponsibility to carry on the round and see the round to the end, ts could just run in circles for thirty minutes if they would want to, and ct couldn't do anything to me. That is why I sometimes might say it. But its just common sense, should not be forced like a bible.

Lots of times last ct doesn't even need to say anything as all alive ts are rebelling or maybe 1 or 2 are afk or just chilling and exploring, while others are trying to hunt down the ct.

So admins use common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

I use command or slay when the last remaining CT (or the last 2 for that matter) dont takes warden and just runs around shooting people. You should at least command the Ts to freeze so you can better distinguish between rebels and remaining Ts and so it doesnt delay the new round much.

16. Pagno

Pagno The Experienced
    Retired Member

If the last CT said "freeze" and went to kill rebellers, would you be satisfied?
    Rebellers should be killed in order for a CT to be able to keep on commanding smoothly. Telling them to freeze in a certain place is a command and allows him to track down rebellers. It's your own fault if you tried rebelling and failed, you are not justified to get mad at the CT claiming that "he was not commanding anyway".

Same goes if you were killed a moment ago by other CTs when they were still alive. It's your own fault if you decided to join the rush and died for it. One CT is still alive and he has the right to command others to freeze and try on killing the rebels. Ts generated this situation, not the CT. The CT is actively trying to solve the situation.

This only works if the CT is willing to command when all rebellers have been sorted out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Swyifh

Swyifh Member

I think every last CT deserves his moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

It isn't difficult to say "freeze, have a gun to die", by saying this you commanded and an admin can' slay you for "delaying" or sth else, although it is clear that everyone is rebelling

19. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I've only ever said this when the last CT is somehow often always the last alive, doesn't command/have a mic, and survives for a long time not really doing anything to get Ts to LR, for example camping in one spot.

On the flip-side I've had people demand that I slay when I am the last CT and clearly commanding the Ts and this is just plain annoying. Granted, if there are more than 10 Ts alive I usually just try and get it over with but when there's say between 3-10 Ts left it is more than possible to command to LR as the last CT as I've done and many others on many occasions.

Ergo, my personal opinion is to use this phrase sparingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

I think this is one of those tricky situations where it's hard to be perfectly clear. I don't think that flat out telling people to command or slay is super effective in almost any situation. Most likely just suggesting to the CT that there are people waiting to respond is enough to get the message across that they should be commanding (after all they joined the CT side, they should be prepared to do so).

At the same time when someone is clearly spending a bunch of time doing basically nothing with, say, terrorists stuck in iso, then that's cause for concern. If the CTs are at least making a visible effort to bring the round to its end state (killing rebels), then there is little to no need.