1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Mr. Green, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Download latest drivers for motherboard before hand if you wont have a spare PC. Especially download LAN drivers. Save them in a USB stick so you will have internet.

I don't recommend you move your OS. It contains drivers that won't work or may not allow Windows to boot after move. You will have to sysprep windows. This is bit complicated procedure where you put your current OS in a sysprep state where it forgets about the drivers so its ready for new system. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...p/sysprep--generalize--a-windows-installation

Just install new windows on the SSD using the USB disk which contains Windows 10 install.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

So get ISO from microsoft (you dont need to buy it)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member
    Donator

I was going to download a Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft site, put it on a USB and boot my pc (after updating BIOS) from the USB.
    Afterwards I'm going to uninstall my current Windows 10 product key and use the product key from this laptop so activate Windows 10 on the new build.

This or am I misunderstanding you?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Always download from the official website: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK#down-driver

This depends on how you got your Windows 10. If you got Windows 10 preinstalled, you cant reuse its license key.
    If you bought it separately (retail version) then you can transfer.

5. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member
    Donator

Funny thing is, it came installed with the laptop, but it's not an OEM version I think. It should be retail

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Do you have the key?

7. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member
    Donator

Yes.
    I typed slmgr -dli in cmd and it said RETAIL with 4 digits of the product key. I downloaded a program Arya linked me where I can see my full product key.

8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

No but these programs don't get the right key because Microsoft give a generic key for everyone. These program worked until Win8.

Here is "mine": VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    This key would be the same for all Win 10 Pro x64 installs.

9. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member
    Donator

10. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

You just need to remove your last device from microsoft account. The watermark might still appear but there are ways to get rid of it

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Nah it should remove that after a restart. Or its not activated.

@Mr. Green Don't worry if you have digital license linked to your account. Just stop using the windows on your old PC and activate on new with your account. It will activate, if not, no big deal... you can activate in 30 days or they will take away your wallpaper and show you watermarks... you can still play games fine... once you can get it activated it should be normal again.

12. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

Mine was pre-installed but when I slammed my old hdd on new build I got it to work just by removing the old one from microsoft account. Altough watermark popped up every 2-6hrs and restart always got rid of it.

After a while I got really tired of the watermark and sometimes it didn't let me join css servers, digged in, and found that aBdocsdll process might cause it to appear when you do it even if you have the key. Shutdown it once and its been fine after it.

I know that sounds really odd but it works

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Muhammad Rizwan

Yup watermarks and black screen is too annoying But u can use cracked version to get rid of watermark popup and black background

14. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member
    Donator

Everything is built and working well.
    Thanks for all the help putting together the parts, building the pc and with the problems on the first boot!

• Like Like x 4
  15. icynoob

icynoob Newbie

Tip to save money: order online and compare several websites, also look on the website from the neighbours Germany, France, Netherlands,...
    Absolutely minimum for the hardware 8gb ram, i5 the most expensive part will probably be the graphic card.
    If you have the knowledge to build the PC yourself you can save money.

If you don't have the knowledge buy the PC at an expert and pay a little bit more to avoid problems!