1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minigames

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Tapz, Dec 26, 2017.

?

Would this encourage you to play minigames more?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  1. Tapz

Tapz Member
    Donator

Greeting Ladies & Gentlemen

As every Mini-games player know, Mini-games used to be really fun and exciting server and that was because everyone was competing with each-other in the ranks, and course, but obviously you got sweats like... cough cough but anyways.
    Mini-games
    has been dying and that is probably because its a repetitive thing, its just people trying to beat courses and be on top rank and its getting pretty boring that is why people have been not on mg. So I was thinking whys it that mini-games is dying. and then i asked players why? they were saying its because there is nothing to achieve anymore. then i asked players do you think mini-games will be active again if there was !store with things like traces/trails, skins, and other custom things that people will obviously play hard to earn points and buy them. and they agreed. I don't know if this has already been spoken about and HeLL didn't want to add it but come on guys look at how dead mg is dead now.
    Give it a try guys
    To see if this is a good idea and minigames players would like it to happen, please answer the poll.

Please HeLL Members take this in and atleast try this idea

#BringBackMG2k18

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

its simple, I don't have skills to bhop or surf

3. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

Minigames used to be popular because there were skilled regulars playing and it was fun tryharding and shittalking, now minigames is dead because the regs stopped playing for various reasons and now its only filled with random noobs like tapz and murky.
    Minigames isnt that appealing to people because it has a hard entry barrier, movement is hard to master on css and even if u are decent an old reg will join and just destroy you.
    Back in the day mg became popular because everyone sucked and got better together by competing with eachother.
    If MG were to revive it would be if we have a fresh group of people who start playing so they can compete on the same level and thats highly unlikely.
    Your idea is good but not for MG, the type of people who play MG dont really care about that tbh.
    I think hell should promote the servers more, when we have events that are played in specific servers, for example after the team green vs team orange event I noticed a lot more people playing MG for a short period after. What hell is lacking is the amount of events they do, they are always fun and advertise the servers so I think thats something that would greatly benefit the community, not only for MG but for the rest of servers too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mangus

Mangus Member

Tracers and skins will not make it alive again lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Croucher

Croucher Senior Member

As a pro player, i do encourage to play more often, it's great fun.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Elite

Elite Member
    Donator

The best part of minigames when it was very active was the constant competition trying to get points and beat wrs (or your own pbs in my case because i wasn't that good). You would have people like Animal, Cerdo and Kiwistone etc doing ridiculous runs on courses and then although it was very sweaty it was enjoyable when it came to lego minigames etc. Its lost its touch the fact the group of regulars who had played and would have good banter with everyone and shit talk each other stopped, so would be very hard to get those same people back or people of sort. (Pretty much a repitition of what Iceman said but agreeing with what he said).
    I don't think things like flairs would encourage people to play again, as those servers that have those features already have their players who won't want to leave that community, although I would like for it be populated again as it's much more fun than trigger happy admins that are on jailbreak and hearing people with awful mics scream "One step out face your cell freeze" then being shot for being afk for two seconds :).
    Can agree tho, #MakeMGGreatAgain

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

You'd need to bring new players in to mg not bring back old players. I think the some old players have played it so much it would be hard to make them want to play it again.

Maybe trails would bring in new players who want to level up (similar to discord atm). But it's not really for me and I think most of the clan agree it looks too messy so they probably won't be added.

I've always said I would play more mg if it was actually mg. I have no interest playing courses and I know a lot feel the same but it sounds like from you guys HeLL mg was built on sweaty maps.. not that there's anything wrong with that but I just prefer fun maps.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

To add to what Steezy and iCeMan said, I don't think adding a store will help bring in new people. It may appeal to some but I know that previous regs and people who still play, play on there because they like the fact that the server is clean and there isnt models, trails, tracers etc.

As its been stated before one of the main reasons it died out, was because a new player would join and they would either get bored of a course map because they didnt like that playing that, or they would get killed repeatedly by more experiance players making them want to leave.

One of the ways other servers tackle this is, although I'm strongly against it, they make use of autobhop which helps them new players "catch up" in a sense to more experiance ones giving them a sort of level playing field in that sense. I know that some surf servers use nospread which gives 100% accuracy whether your in the air or not, to help newer players in the same kinda way although it being a different game mode.

So currently your only options in increasing the player base if the store doesn't get accepted, is advertising the server or creating a new server (cough cough csgo) in which draws a new player base which players can learn, play and compet all over again. Which will possibly have a knock on affect to css minigames in drawing in new people. The hard truth is that this game is getting older and older and people are slowing growing up and moving on with their lives or going on to different games which makes populating the server difficult as there as less playing css. My only thought is with the csgo server that populating that will have a knock on affect or having more events which will also draw in some more players that are playing in our other servers, given that you have to sign up to the event (which makes sense) does stop some newer players joining.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

I don't think there should be a store, I agree, it would look too messy for the server. I think some of the lesser played maps should be removed from the nomination list and map-pool. Having these maps on, whilst the server is empty doesn't encourage people to join, as its not as fun and popular as the other maps. For example, I have seen mg_mk_colosseum on the server when its been empty quite a lot in the past year.

I do think courses should remain on the server (yes, thats coming from me; I do dislike most) I just think unpopular and older maps such as hellz multigames should be removed, to help improve the server experience for current players and newer ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

I dislike courses too and I think they discourage new players for playing, steezy is completely right, maybe we need new maps like lego copter and smash cannons for banter, the current popular maps arent supposed to be that sweaty but its just that after playing so long everyone became super efficient.
    Maybe adding some of these types of maps (like serpentis) and having a fun event might encourage some players to play more often, the thing that makes jb so popular is that its easy to get into and social, atleast with fun maps we can archieve both.
    Moving to csgo sounds fun but I dont think it will last, maybe for jb but csgo cant give the same freedom Css gives to MG

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

I think Serpentis should be for events only, due to how long it lasts. There are not many maps to add to the map pool/nomination list that are suitable to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

yeah thats what I meant, maps like serpentis urge people to be more social which is why jb is so popular also.

13. Joe588

Joe588 Member

Well you won't lose anything if you added tracers and skins , it won't make anything "messy" at all , plus adding a couple new maps and removing the unplayed ones . Even if it will only appeal to the old users only , then what's wrong for giving the old users fun and new things to play with

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

I wouldn’t have an issue to ‘clean’ the map pool but removing maps will cause controversy between what regulars we currently have.

I think a good solution would be to re-display the !nominate menu. Some better, more visual way of displaying popular maps, course maps, easy/difficult maps. That way, a new player can type !nominate and see all the easy to complete course maps coloured green for example.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2017 ---
    I don’t think having a shop is a good idea. Skins are too messy in my opinion and bring the server down in quality (and increases download speed even if only a little).

After all, we’ve kept to keeping the servers ‘as vanilla as possible’ and I think we shouldn’t change this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

I never played mg for the skill...obviously

I just played for the people and the fun, even if I did get destroyed every round.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

Re-organising it would be great, I just mentioned removing some, as most times, unpopular maps are left on with 0 players active. (Unless you can set a default map when there aren't any players on, or make it so popular maps are rotated when nobody is on)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Elite

Elite Member
    Donator

I also thinka good way to maybe populate is hosting events on the minigames server, try and get a good event going on for it could reignite the "spark" for what people enjoyed to play so they'll come back every now and then. I know maps make a difference too, seeing maps that no one enjoyed all the time on the server means im never gonna bother to think playing, so default maps being changed and changing map pool would help.

18. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Any suggestions on events?

Anyone?

19. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

]HeLL[ servers will remain as vanilla as possible. !store isn't going to happen.

On the other hand, there are things that we can do that do not mess with the vanilla aspect:
    • Add fun maps and remove old and outdated maps that aren't played (with my supervision)
    • Willingly play on MG for longer periods of time to help increase server population
    • Use mic to communicate to be more social
    • More active admins, mainly clan members
    • Smaller events? Could be hosted by community members
    We can talk about this all we want but unless you guys really put in the work to populate it following the ideas above the situation won't change. I'm all for listening to suggestions to populate MG so if I see there's motivation for change this can surely happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

We should also lower the amount a map cannot be nominated because its "recently played" if possible.
    And as for the smaller events how are we gonna organise them, through steam chat?
    Im willing to put in the effort if mg is gonna be popular again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1