1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Adapter/Sound Card

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Elite, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Elite

Elite Member
    Donator

I have the HyperX Cloud ii and the USB adapter is broken, and HyperX are selling it for £30 for replacements, and i don't really want to pay that. Just wondering if anyone knows of some cheaper replacements, either sound card or USB adapter, but will still make sure my mic sounds good as that is the main issue with just using the aux port. Thanks

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Elite

Elite Member
    Donator

Yeah not too bothered about the in-line controls I had, may try one that does have them accessible for a cheap price tho. It will likely improve my mic quality compared to normal plugging it into the headphone jack though wouldn’t it?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The normal headphone jack at the back of your PC is on motherboard and some some motherboards do not provide enough isolation. So the mic or headphones have some interruption that can be heard when using those ports.

USB solves this issue but I cant guarantee the quality on cheap USB sound cards.