1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discord installation problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by joceninja, Nov 8, 2017.

1. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

Hey!

So I've been using discord a lot but now i got a "corrupt installation" warning and it told me to reinstall so I just did, didn't see a problem with that as it takes 1minute.

But now it wont install and I can't find a single person with the same problem as me sadly.
    note that I've tried this https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/209099387--windows-installer-errors?page=3

Only thing that happens when i start the installer is that my computer starts processing something and i get this mouse icon [​IMG] but it never ends and my computer is lagging takes around 10seconds to just open a folder.

I run windows 10 64bit and I have updated it with the latest creators update.

If you have any idea please just shoot!

this shows up while trying to install test client instead of normal one
    https://i.imgur.com/HrqjXGM.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I know this maybe too basic and repetitive but did you restart your PC? This will make sure discord isn't running anymore.

3. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

Yepp, first off i delete everything i %appdata% and localappdata then i did all the following.

Restart PC, try installing... PC starts lagging, nothing happening except the pointer thingie
    samething with different compatibility options and run as admin, same thing. Also tried it while turning off nod32 still no success.

Managed to install the test client now though after support sent me a file, got same javascript error but it still insalled for some reason this time.
    So I guess I wont be touching it now as its been running without any complications so far.

• Like Like x 1