1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying the prolem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by iCeMan!, Aug 21, 2017.

1. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

So lately im having some issues that im trying to fix,my pc keeps crashing whenever i launch a game,the screen freezes,it doesnt shut down though.
    I uninstalled reinstalled drivers for everything, checked the temperatures and everything is normal, Im having a feeling its the power supply because whenever im the desktop the gpu automatically clocks down to 300mhz and sometimes a fan on my case stop spinning randomly.Could use some help here

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Are you overclocking CPU or GPU? Did you check event viewer to see if anything interesting was logged.

Also you should check the core dump to see why it actually crashed. You can use this software: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

By reading what you wrote, I also had the feeling it might be the PSU causing issue.

3. Croucher

Croucher Senior Member

Check your ram, Cpu.
    If that doesn't work check background programms from task manager
    sstill doesnt work, try to reformat your pc
    it will 100% work then
    or most likely

4. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

So i went and cleaned up the dust and checked if any cables werent connect well,no problems there,after that i ran cpu and gpu stress tests so i can force the computer to crash,nothing happened,went on to play some games and still no crash, then i restarted my computer and tried to play again and it crashed within 5 minutes and there was no log on bluescreenview. So from what I noticed the more the pc is offline the more i can play without it crashing and that doesnt make any fucking sence at all i dont understand.
    P.S: I had my cpu overclocked with normal temps but after the crashes started happening i restored defaults but still kept crashing.
    P.S-2:No idea what to check on event viewer

5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think your PC is forcefully powering down. In this case, there won't be any crash dump.

This sounds like overheating. Try different software to see the CPU/GPU temperature. The motherboard shuts the power to prevent CPU damage.
    There is CoreTemp: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
    Also HWMonitor: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Sometimes some software do not report correct temperature.

If it's overheating then maybe apply new thermal paste and clean the CPU fan.

6. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

I know why you would think that but i used msi afterburner and coretemp to check temperatures and its definitely not a temperature problem,i even tried lower demanding games where i still crash.
    Also sometimes i can play for 3+ hours and sometimes i crash within 5 minutes and it looks like it depends on how long the pc has been turned off which doesnt make sence

7. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Can you please clarify if it's a crash or a "power out". Crashing usually shows the error on the screen. And by power out, I mean that it looks like someone just turned off from the mains.

8. slushyy

slushyy Member

It might be your harddrive that is fucked? my friend had a similar problem a couple of days ago. He took his hard drive from his 2nd computer and it worked fine afterwards

9. iCeMan!

iCeMan! Member

Its kinda unusual I cant classify it, what happens is the screen just completely freezes and im unable to do anything,no blue screen and no sudden shutdown like the power went down. When the screen freezes I cant move my mouse or use the keyboard and I keep repeatedly hearing really fast the last sound before the crash if you understand what I mean