1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with reflection maybe

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by arhamahmed4, Aug 5, 2017.

1. arhamahmed4

arhamahmed4 Member

I don't know why my gun looks like this...there is no fault in the skin im 100% sure ...HELP

Attached Files:

2. SenorPedro

SenorPedro Member
    Super User

Is the gun giving this reflection effect all the time or only certain places on a map?

I could be wrong but it could be to do with the lighting on the map, some mapd/map areas with certain lighting give guns a shiny/chrome effect.

3. arhamahmed4

arhamahmed4 Member

it is reflecting all the time...Whenever i play on $2000$...this happens i think its with the lighting

4. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

It will happen to you in most of the maps because the skin you are using is made to do that with "normals". If you can use better skins then it will be normal, (playing with csgo skins over 2 years now)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Delirious Derp Bag

actually normal maps aren't used for the shine of a material, specular maps are responsible for that. normal maps affect the height of the texure basically making it look like the surface has more detail without sacrificing performance because of more polygons used on the 3D models. and the issue that im guessing pedro is talking about has to do with the way that the map is made with the cubemaps.

6. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

In this case the skin is responsible for that. I can show you the same skin with no issue like this ("usp-s kill confirmed" in the screenshot)

7. Delirious Derp Bag

that wouldn't make any difference unless you were to use the exact same skin on the same map to try and replicate the issue, either way this issue is with the map unless this skin does this on every map including the official valve maps.

8. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

Most of the time it varies with the skin, most of my skins work good in most of the map but some of the skins work different
    For instance :-

The skin in this video will reflect very badly in some maps while
    the skins in this video will have no reflection issue

9. Delirious Derp Bag

the skins appear okay in those videos because those maps are either ported or edits that were made using lighting and cubemaps correctly, but the root of the issue still stands as the map. the problem with map making is that if you dont correctly set up lighting or use cubemaps properly then you end up with anything that has a specular map (hand model fingernails, visors and sunglasses, weapons and some props) either having a chrome like appearance or glowing whiter than the prancercise womans whatever the fuck they are called. sometimes textures may appear okay in some locations while in others they glow like that because there is a lack of cubemaps in that area, unfortunately its not as simple as placing one cubemap entity on a map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. arhamahmed4

arhamahmed4 Member

WTF Is that video of 70 year old women xd

• Agree Agree x 1