1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badger's Overlay

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by topbadge, Jun 19, 2017.

1. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

[​IMG]

This simple steam overlay mod adds buttons to the steam overlay essentially working as books marks to the Clan website and other useful sites like YouTube and Google.

[​IMG]

INSTALLATION:

Once you have extracted the "Steamoverlay.zip" simply run "Steamoverlay.EXE" and put paste

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\resource\layout (assuming that you're using the default steam installation location)

into the dialog box and click OK, you will then be promoted that a file if going to be overwritten click "YES" and the installation will begin.

[​IMG]

Updates to steam maybe overwrite the changes this mod makes, if that ever happens simply run the installation again.

DOWNLOAD: https://hellclan.co.uk/resources/14

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I'd advice against the use of self extracting programs. It just makes it look dodgy and not everyone's steam path is similar.

3. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

It's just windows iExspress, and users can specify the install, I'd say anyone that's changed their install path for what ever reason probs has some clue to what thjey're doing.

I was actually planning to update all my stuff on the resource page to make them all easier to use.

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Lets be honest, If a person is looking to pimp his/her overlay. They wouldn't download an exe file. Especially if it's just 1 file that needs replacing.

Besides that, you are making people on MacOS and Linux not being able to use it. ZIP works on all of them.

Also, there is even more no point of zipping the exe file. The exe file is already compressed, you are only saving a few KB. It's also one of the reason its called self extracting package.

Best solution is to zip the overlay file and write an instruction on the resources page. This way the user is overwriting the original file their selves and they might back it up too. While the self-extracting package will overwrite it losing the user's original file.

• Agree Agree x 4