1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Murky, May 3, 2017.

1. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

I have Dell laptop i7 8gb ram, for some reason some of my keys does not work on keyboard. like A, Esc, Z and Q,I have to press reallly hard and many times to get a result, right now i am using pc keyboard on laptop ._. . overall laptop keyboard looks fine, no dirt and shit. those keys which are not working looks fine tho, i don't get why it has problem. guarantee is already expired after 3 years. what do you think is it system problem or keyboad is broken?

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

My guess is that the keyboard is broken. Maybe liquid damage. You should be able to find new keyboard and swap to fix it. Its easy to change laptop keyboard, you don't have to dismantle the laptop.

3. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

should i try it by myself or let professional do his work?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

It's quite easy so you should save money by doing it yourself. At most, you will just have 1-2 screw to remove and at least it will be a pry and remove.
    Once it's off, you need to disconnect the keyboard cable and then connect the new keyboard and snap it into place.
    I think the difficult part would be sourcing the keyboard online. In UK, you could find it on eBay/Amazon.

There are video guides showing how to dismantle your specific laptop, it will include removing keyboard, just follow the part where they remove keyboard. You will not have to do anything else apart from removing old keyboard and installing new.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

yes I checked the video seems easy, I just have to find suitable keyboard, thanks @Nomy

• Like Like x 1