1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'First to do TNT gets LR'

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by GeorgeLAD, Mar 5, 2017.

?

Should the 'first to do TNT gets LR' command be allowed?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Just a question to all whether the command 'first to do TNT gets LR' on jb_minecraft is valid.

In my honest opinion I think it's unfair, sending 20 Ts in to do TNT results in a lot of deaths from people who can complete TNT as well as those who can't, meaning those who can do it don't get a chance to because they've already been blown up.

Reason i'm asking is because I've had mixed responses from both admins and players in game and it'd be nice to come to a solid decision as to whether this is allowed.

What do you guys think?

2. Myles

Myles The Experienced
    Retired Member

It is pretty much guaranteed death to a lot of Ts, so in my opinion not allowed, also:

CTs cannot order Ts to do something which will kill them (jump off a tall building), so pretty sure this covers running into tnt XD

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. amstram

amstram Member

giving lr to the winner, no matter the games, guarantee the death of ALL the ts but 2

on top of that, the command doesn't specify that you have to run straight in it, you can wait for the good moment (or you can go alone first if you are quick enough)

so I think it should be allowed (and it speeds up the thing imo, tnt round are always 10 mins rounds)

4. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

Saying that they can go in and the winner gets lr is okay. Telling them all to go at the same time otherwise they will be killed isnt okay.

Its true that lot of ppl die stupidly through the command but they can choose not to go.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GeorgeLAD

Donator

I don't think I've seen someone command this? If it was commanded isn't it the same as saying 'first will get LR' as in the end there will only be 2 Ts alive anyway who will surely do LR without doing TNT?

After all what would be the point in that command if there was no reward, that would be freekilling

6. Awesom-o

Awesom-o Senior Member
    Donator

I sometimes hear the command "You must be in the game by e.g 5:30" which is basically like commanding all T's to go at the same time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Jailbreak rounds are not meant to be short, commanding everyone to go in at the same time is boring and not fun.

Sometimes if I'm walking the T's past the game I allow them to do TNT if they want. Some do, some go in just to kill those in it whilst the others sit outside. This is fine in my opinion because I didn't force them to all go in at the same time.

Doing TNT in pairs or small groups is okay too because it's controlled. Commanding everyone to do a game where people can teamkill that easily is not fun for anyone other then the arse of a commander that's chuckling away at his keyboard.

Commanding everyone to go into a game by "5:30" is fine for a game like race or breakfloor because it's trying to get everyone to start at the same time. There's no escape from the explosion of TNT so if I was a T I'd just rebel or leave the server rather than having to wait for the round to end as I died over an unfair command

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. teep

teep Member
    Donator

Saying 'first one to complete TNT gets LR/Prize' is fine imo - the tees can choose if they want to take part or not just like how they choose to team kill when its played normally, its not a command but a simple high risk high reward game that players can take part in if they feel confident enough.

Playing TNT this was gives a different dynamic to the game by giving the tee's who have participated a chose whether to go alone at a time when it's right to avoid the TNT and any other failing player or if they all work together slowly to complete TNT to avoid any deaths. If the t's are that dense that they all bumrush the game at the start, well then they will most likely lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I think the command is fine. It's a risk game, the first person can sprint through it and get to the end before everyone starts so that person has LR, takes guts to actually go for it, some wait at the start till some people die and then they won't get LR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

"first 2 people to complete tnt will get lr, if you don't want to do tnt wait under the bridge"
    takes guts & skill and much better than commanding Ts to an RNG game imo
    as long as you don't force all the Ts to enter at once or give a time limit I think it's okay, and much better than calling 20 names 1 by 1 and taking 10 minutes to get to lr.
    if there's only 5-10 ppl when doing tnt, then i'll call em 1 by 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GeorgeLAD

Donator

Added a poll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

Nothing wrong with this at all if it's done correctly, as long as they're not forced in they can choose when to participate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

it could be changed to where it doesn't blow up & kill other Ts, but instead if you touch it, it kills you
    @Steezy

14. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

This could be done. I won't update until a few months at least though.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

How would we teamkill though :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Please don't, it's a good part of the fun.
    Especially when you're called 1 by 1 and you reach the end, and then see your friend about to reach the end and suicide just to get him to die along.
    Those are good times.

17. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I think I can keep this chaos factor and still keep it funny like this.. My fps drops a bit during the mass explosion too. I'll have a look at least but don't expect it soon.

18. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I've done this but the map was full so I had to sacrifice breakfloor and couch game which barely get played anyway. I'll see if theres anything else to fix and release it over the weekend.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

I liked those games :(

20. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Don't lie. Nobody has used the couch game in about 6 years.

Also with the new TNT course you can send all the Ts in one go. Should be fun.

• Creative Creative x 1