1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC, custom build

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Huberto, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Huberto

Huberto Junior Member
    Donator

Hey guys!

I'm going to buy a new PC, and made a build. Maybe some of you can check it out and give your opinions since i'm not that experienced in combining all the parts.

Just as Senor Pedro did, i used PCPartPicker.com. I converted all the prices to pound (i'm in the Netherlands) with the rate: 1 EUR = 0,8683 GBP. I'm getting it assembled and installed at Alternate.

So far the total amount is 2034,57 pound. Which is around 2350 euro's. My budget is around 2300 - 2700 euros which is maximum 2350 pound.

Can you guys look for anything to add to make it better, or to make it a bit more future proof?

Here is the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jktcyf

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RustyS

RustyS Member
    Donator

Beast PC it will run everything ultra settings 60+ FPS

3. Conner

Conner Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Windows 10 Pro keys on Software geeks are cheaper, not that you are worried about cost. Always go there for keys when buying them in for work.

EDIT: Would also advise getting a better PSU to ensure you have enough power to run all that!

4. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

If this is your very first build, I have a few infos and tips from my own experience after building 3 PCs.

PSU definitely won't have enough power, I was running a lower amd config and 600w was just enough when running high demanding games.
    Corsair's 750w shouldn't be that much more expensive (bought mine 99eu) but should do the job if anyone may confirm (currently running with it on a i5-6600k, gtx1070, asus 170A, 16gb config).
    As far as PSUs go I can only recommend to never buy Cooler Master, as they tend to die shortly after warranty expires in my experience (several cases where I live).

I didn't check the full specs of the graphics card related to your tower case, but make sure you do have enough physical room for your GPU to fit in there.
    GPU's page should list its dimensions, and tower should say how much can fit.

Also, cable management. I personally use a Phanteks Enthoo (White) case and besides looking fantastic with leds, I've got no cables hanging besides the mendatory GPU power one (since it's on the front of the card, can't do anything about that). When building your pc make sure you take time to tidy it up with straps that come with the case and all that, so that it doesn't overheat, takes less dust and is overall easier to check in case of problems. You'll thank me later. :)

Don't hesitate to check manuals or tutorials if you're unsure how something is placed or works,
    and be VERY careful when placing the CPU as its pins are most fragile.

Always make sure you've got enough length on your HDMI cable if you have to move your case around after checking it. I've accidentally killed my GPU's HDMI port because of that, and let me tell you that sucks.

That's all folks. Enjoy your rig !

• Like Like x 3
  5. Huberto

Huberto Junior Member
    Donator

Thanks a lot guys!

I will upgrade the PSU. The point with the Windows key is that the webshop which is going to build the PC, is only installing all the needed software if you buy Windows with them. So i will be doing that since i want it to work 100% out of the box haha ;-)

6. Huberto

Huberto Junior Member
    Donator

Hey guys, just a quick update.. I've had my new pc since January 27th, been really nice and most games on 150 fps+!

Total cost was around 2950 euro's in The Netherlands.

http://imgur.com/a/YyHqt

--edit

Should have bought a HXi psu, because you can monitor it in Corsair Link software.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2