1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donation benefits

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by .jeq, Oct 24, 2016.

1. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

Hi all,

Basically i've come up with an idea thats already used in some servers but, i dont see it here at Hell.
    When i used to run my own servers in cs when people donated, I gave things back to them (not payadmin) but cosmetic things like custom player models/hats/trails/coloured names & tags in chat and i think it would be a great idea for Hell to start doing this. 1. because it would provide additional benefits to people donating and give them more reasons why to donate and 2. because when i tested this out on my servers i saw that i had an nearly instant increase of donations and managed to keep the servers up for another 7-8 months.

just a basic idea but from what ive learnt, it can work wonders,

cheers

~zeus

2. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Welcome Zeus,

We can understand what your saying but here we like to keep the servers to be as "vanilla" as possible other wise it tends to ruin some game modes.

It would help to know what server your personally on about for starts?

Also some players actually donate and not expect nothing in return. Some players are happy just to be part of the community and HeLL has been going for coming up to 10 years now and got bigger and bigger.

We often offer silly hats and traditional items around xmas and some holiday times but this is apart of usual payadmin donations.

3. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

Hi JayJay,

I appreicate you guys try to keep your servers as vanilla as possible but im sure a few player models/hats isnt going too far from vanilla?? Obviously bright coloured trails are a step further but a couple of hats/models wouldnt ruin game modes would it?

and the servers mainly used to be within NVClan and the Outbreak community.

Also from what i remember, models/hats etc didnt effect the old jb servers and there games that i used to play

cheers

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  4. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Sorry I meant what servers are you currently playing on HeLL?

5. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

Jailbreak, surf, minigames, bhop(both)

6. Rusty

Rusty Junior Member
    Donator

Cosmetic items sound cool as long as not extreme.

7. Conner

Conner Administrator

Maybe as a CT might be cool but as a T, people will know who you are by your skin/model/effect so it will just make it harder to rebel anyway (Jailbreak wise)

• Like Like x 1
  8. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

Kinda true, but does that really matter? if you're good enough at rebelling it dont matter what player model you have, you either gonna kill or be killed haha

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Theres been discussions about skins for ages and honestly I think I prefer things they way they are. Maybe having a standard orange JB T skin and officer CT skin at a push would be nice

Also in my opinion people/nade trails look tacky as hell

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

I get your point George, but my point is that theres no variety.

Maybe the round warden could get a different model automatically when it recognizes him/her as warden, although i have seen the ring around there feet that shows they are the warden, so maybe this isnt necessarily needed. However the T's models/hats used to work very well on old servers i used to be around on

As for the trails, some dont look tacky if you pick the right ones, like ones that are big in width and stay visible for quite a while, they look tacky, but thin and quicker fading ones work great! obviously with the right choice of patterns/colors

These would be some good ones coming upto xmas, or just throughout the year
    http://gamebanana.com/skins/137268
    http://gamebanana.com/skins/136315

11. Rusty

Rusty Junior Member
    Donator

Omg yes - please get skins for prisoners and jail guards

12. Charlie :3

Charlie :3 Newbie

Models/Skins..etc = more download = more wait time for new players to join = cancel button appears to player because of wait time (it was noticed) = player pressed cancel button things were faster = player switched server :D

Vanilla is always best, simple, fast to join and people with disabled download but has the maps can play too.

Also it can appear for other new players when they see unnecessary downloads (like childish skins) they will judge server as immature and full of kids and will lead them to leave before checking it.

So what to say, Hell clan is old and they know what they are doing so if they don't have something just believe in them its for a reason :h:.

13. .jeq

.jeq Junior Member
    Donator

lol. I'm not being funny but a a single playe skin/model is normally 1-2 mb if 2 different skins can be used for both t's and c's thats only 8mb added total, whats that? 2-3seconds extra downloading time? even if HeLL did implement all of my suggestions then it would only be like 15mb's added download? plus, once you have em you have em, is 9-10 seconds of your life that scarce?

Also, the servers i played and and worked on were mostly always full at peak times, like HeLL JB is now. I've never found a few extra player models that much of a put off and immature but thats your opinion and thats mine.

What even is that last line there mate, 'they know what they are doing so if they don't have something just believe in them its for a reason'
    Im sure they have a FEEDBACK and SUGGESTION area so they can take idea's that others have put out there into consideration and to possbily act on it if they feel it was a good idea and would help the server? You cant say because they dont have it, its for a good reason, i mean, so what if they never thought of doing something what someones suggested, are they just gunna throw it aside cos they didnt think of it first?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  14. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

I think this has been discussed before and conclusion was vanilla is best.

If HeLL would need more money I'm sure Nomy and boys would come up with something by themselves.

15. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

We're always open to suggestions, however we have decided that not including skins will be the best decision. This is because, Like said previously, we want to keep the servers as vanilla as possible. The only skins we do are at annual events like previous years with the santa costume at Christmas.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1