1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... New playlist, how about a new feature?

Discussion in ']HeLL[ FM' started by Marn, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Marn

Marn Member
    Donator

My suggestion, to go nicely with the new playlist would be an in-game !skip feature that can only be used when "tuned into the radio" such as other commands; !djftw (can only be used when tuned in) and all of the rest.

I feel this would be suitable as it would give the general public a bit of control over the AutoDJ as it could give a general consensus of which songs are highly disliked (if there is a way of recording skipped songs).

As everyone will have a different taste in music and it would be hard to please everyone, this feature would give the users (66% or 75%) an option to instantly move to the next song after roughly 20 seconds so songs are not instantly skipped.

2. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Good idea for when a DJ isnt on

I think this would be unfair if a DJ is on however as it is their own choice what they play, with a few requests along the way, also the DJ would most likely feel like they aren't doing a good job if everyone !skips all their songs

3. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

This isn't possible, even if it is, its open to abuse or just wont work out.

Imagine your TV/Radio had a skip button... and everytime you press it, the song/video skipped to next. Now imagine everyone in UK pressing the same button... nobody will be able to watch/listen to anything.

The radio plays the same song for everyone, anywhere they are. So if 1 person skips a song, everyone will be skipping it even though they like it and don't want to skip it.

@GeorgeLAD I think this will be especially impossible to do for DJs since they have their own SAM broadcaster to relay the audio to the radio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marn

Marn Member
    Donator

That's why it would be 75% of active listeners to type !skip in order for the song to be skipped.

I understand it would get abused at first, but people will realise they got nothing out of it and stop after a week or two. Saying that, if it were to be implemented then there could be some kind of rule against abusing.

5. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

This is why you can request songs in the appropriate thread.. There will always be songs you don't like whenever you listen. Just tune out of the radio during the playtime of that song..

The way of thinking behind the idea might be good but won't work out at all.

6. The Random Gamer Of Epicness

I disagree, mainly because of the reasons Nomy gave, but I do have an idea. What if there was a !skip command which would mute the radio for you until the song ends. That way you won't have to tune out if there's a song you don't like and then check in the chat when the song is finished to tune in again. You can just type the command and the radio volume will be reduced to 0 and when the song ends, it will be automatically returned to what it was before. And there can also be an !unskip command if you've changed your mind before the song is finished.

• Like Like x 5