1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJing Desktop/Laptop

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by LittleDemon, Jun 21, 2016.

?

What's best for DJing ?

1. Desktop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Laptop

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Hey guys !

So my dad needs a new laptop or desktop computer.

He uses it mostly for downloading/managing music, Virtual DJ when he DJs at parties/birthdays/weddings and otherwise Youtube browsing.
    I'm looking to make something decent enough to do that without being slow, and if possible around 600.

He has like 2TB of music spread throughout various HDDs he needs to store.

Usable site
    https://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php
    or any other french sites.

You could otherwise recommend me a laptop but please no MAC as he isn't that computer-literate (apart from VDJ).

Thanks in advance !

EDIT 2 : 1 year later and he's back at it again so it would help a lot if you guys could help.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Would hate to spam another thread for the same thing, but seeing as this got no reply last year and is still relevant, here's a bump (apologies for the double post :/ )

3. ici

ici The Experienced

Laptop.
    He'd be taking this to parties as you said. Can't be bringing a desktop PC with a monitor, keyboard, mouse and all the other extra IO devices, lol.. Who's gonna carry all that.

Performance-wise:
    An i3 or i5 with 4 gigabytes of RAM should be sufficient in my opinion. I doubt he'd be running any heavy software. Virtual DJ is light.

Storage:
    Have a 128 GB SSD and put the OS and DJ-ing software on there. It would increase loading times by a hell lot and make the laptop feel fast. Throw in a 2 TB HDD in that bitch and you're done.

That is what you should be looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

Just saying that a stock 400¬500€ laptop would be fine for those purposes.

Bought my little brother some cheapass acer laptop 3 years ago for similar kind of purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

I had the feeling Virtual DJ was taking a bit, but it might just be cause his PC is way too old (10 years). Thanks for the advice guys ! :)