1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HeLL FM General Improvisation thread

Discussion in ']HeLL[ FM' started by Wolfgang, May 2, 2016.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Senior Member

Alright, so, let's get straight to this.

I've had a few chats with some Steam friends about how we could marginally improve the acknowledgement of DJ's going live. My biggest thought for the deserted radio would be people not knowing that there's a DJ on. I'm thinking an easy but, maybe a bit complex solution would be every time a DJ connects to the radio server, on all HeLL servers in the middle of the screen a message appears saying something the lines of "DJ X is live! Tune in by typing !radio" or something like that. Might take some time to make but it's a solid idea.

And also, the webplayer seems to be still running flash, if a little update for that can be in play, that'd be nice.

If you have any personal issues/complaints about HeLL FM's system, have any ideas of improving or voicing opinions on some of the suggestions, feel free to post them. And when I say HeLL FM, I don't mean the DJs, so don't shit talk me. There's Steam for that thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Does Audentio Design allow you to have custom boxes on the right side of the webpage? Having a Current DJ Section on it would increase the DJ awareness

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Allow !radio for dead CTs, or allow it for alive ones but limit the volume to 40%

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. teep

teep Member
    Donator

Just update the auto-dj, a lot of songs are troll songs or outdated shitty chart music

A more relevant and appropriate song list would increase radio traffic imo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Repost Repost x 1
  5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Senior Member

6. teep

teep Member
    Donator

Ik but it all needs scrapping
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2016, Original Post Date: May 3, 2016 ---
    Also the tracklist link doesn't work so I couldn't go through it to see what needs removing
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2016 ---
    Been listening for 3 minutes and already a weird al song came on...

... do we really need weird al in 2016

7. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I dont think we should add this as it can spammy. The message already appears on chat when DJ connects.
    Even the normal chat can be spammed when the radio server gets bugged..although i havent seen it happen in a long time.

This is a good idea which I had before but never made it real. I think it will affect the load times for this website as it will be adding extra external queries to the page load.
    It's worth a try still.

As far as I know, you listen to grime garage stuff? Most people outside UK don't listen to this genre entirely. Weird Al has way more listeners than those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. teep

teep Member
    Donator

I listen to loads of stuff, but yeah garage n grime would probably only appeal to a British audience

Weird al is just an example of troll-ish songs, I appreciate the creativity but I'd much prefer a real song

9. Elite

Elite Member
    Donator

@Nomy Even though @teep does listen to that type of music that may not appeal to a larger audience, i still believe the music on the auto DJ is not appealing to a greater audience anyway, and a lot of the songs aren't what people would enjoy apart from a select few you see.

10. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I am not really incharge of the selection of songs on AutoDJ. My selection was a lot worse than current. I understand music genre can be subjective and most stuff on there is more mainstream. If its not your thing then I won't really argue.

11. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

@Nomy Would it be possible to include a !request feature on the website? Included in the ]HeLL[ FM Tab we have currently. Not sure if it's possible to link it to the same system the request uses already. If it's not possible, what about a system where it PM's the current DJ with the request they type.

On a side note, this thread should be a sticky for future reference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I just suck at forms but this will be done. It will go under the HeLL FM tab and it will have everything that is available ingame. So shouts, requests, ratings, actions etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I've added the request feature! It's under the HeLL FM tab on the top. I know it doesn't look that good so if you have suggestions for improving the layout of it or if you find any bug then please let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Myles

Myles The Experienced
    Retired Member

How would something like this (similar to shoutout one: [​IMG]
    under this on forum page? : [​IMG]

and then put this: [​IMG]

on here like down the side?:
    Edit: Silly Myles

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  15. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I don't think the textbox will look good on the sidebar and it might be hard to put it there since the sidebar is just plain HTML with JavaScript running doing all hardwork of fetching data and images to display to the client.
    The request page has much code to deal with request, shouts and ratings etc. That's why i decided to do a page on its own and used the POST method for submitting requests..

And the last image is of DJ Interface. So no touching that because why would a DJ request, rate himself etc. Remember that if you are a DJ or a clan member you will see DJ Interface link on the tab but this doesn't mean everyone has this. If you log out, you will only see schedule link.

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I've added a link at the bottom of the widget. It opens a popup with the form that allows to request and rate.
    Maybe this will do as a shortcut and it doesn't take you to another page like the top link (Unless you have JavaScript disabled on your browser).

Please give suggestions if you find it ugly. I am generally bad at designing and suck at creating layouts but I can try to replicate your design. Right now I think it looks like a plane's cockpit with all those buttons scattered around.

17. Conner

Conner Administrator

@Nomy
    The song action buttons at the bottom of the form, are they only functional when there is a live DJ on or are they supposed to work as and when. They do not seem to be working at this time.

Layout is great, the link doesn't stand out too much, its just there and still quite visible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Everything should work even if there isn't a live DJ. Thanks for checking the song actions on the popup, you are right, they aren't working.

Edit: Fixed. Everything from the popup requestbox should work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  19. Conner

Conner Administrator

No worries, was just having a little snoop around whilst I was at work. Ended up listening to the HeLL Radio for the majority of the day, brought some memories back from the songs that were coming on!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Added tune in link and added green pulsating glow for DJ names other than AutoDJ for more visibility and encouraging listeners browsing website.

• Like Like x 1