1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak !rules

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by ppengu, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Maybe surprize, but i feel if these rules got re-written to make it clearer they definatly should be added.

2. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

If it has been 15 seconds after the last commander died and no one has taken over, it's a freeday.

Also, if cells have not been opened for 1 minute its a freeday.

3. NeoCorps

NeoCorps The Experienced

Actually thats not how you worded it.

7. If no orders are given within 30 seconds of last command, it's a freeday!

4. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

I think thats more confusing that 30 seconds of doing nothing i think :S

5. NeoCorps

NeoCorps The Experienced

Thats what you put...

6. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Lol yeh but then you pointed out the flaw about doing games on the map might take more than 30 seconds. so i re-worded to;

30 seconds of doing nothing without commands means it's a freeday

7. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

ahh right so once the commander dies no one takes over... good for Ts to rebel and kill the coppers... whats wrong? CTs should be smart enough to start taking over the jail or get killed...

8. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

yeh but they never say anything and when we get bored and run we get killed :(

a rule to clear it up like 30 seconds without doing anything would give us a reason to both move after a commander dies

and

hurry rounds up so they dont last ages

the rule covers 2 annoying points that causes freekills.

9. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

You should be able to go to the armory unless it is commanded not to do so.
    You should be able to have guns unless the CTs say you can't. -Ts should be able to holster weapons until CTs tell them to drop it.
    And CTs can't go into vents unless they have seen the person go in the vent and they cannot camp at the entrances and exits.
    On wardays, you cannot camp in a room with 1 entrance and you cannot camp teleport spots or vents.

10. NeoCorps

NeoCorps The Experienced

You can't enforce them rules. You have already suggested theses on another thread somewhere.

And the only rule I would ever add to the server is Vents and Armory are instant kill zones. If your in them, your dead but I don't want too many rules, so I will just repeat that every round instead.

11. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

How can't you enforce them? And vents and armory shouldn't be an instant kill zone, that is just stupid, CTs shouldn't even be allowed in vents honestly.

12. Simon

Simon Newbie

I apologize if this has been said previously, but can there be a time frame for CT's to give orders? its annoying staying still for 1 minute because the CT cant decide on what to do :(

13. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Don't be sorry, its a nice idea but this doesn't really annoy me.

this set of rule changes is a suggestion and people are already taking them seriously on the server :S

14. NeoCorps

NeoCorps The Experienced

WHAT I SAW HIM GO IN THERE!

15. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

That's only 1 rule. What about the others? Don't reply saying that without explaining it.

16. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

What? No. Do you have any idea how annoying it would be to clarify all of that if you would be the commander? Every decent JB player knows that if you do any of above you're usually considered a rebel. It's an international protocol honestly, you don't need to state it in the rules.

"And CTs can't go into vents unless they have seen the person go in the vent and they cannot camp at the entrances and exits."
    This I agree on though. However, you don't have to see the prisoner go into the vent necessarily, just notice that the cell is empty, then you can go into the vent. That I would love, I don't like it when CT's go into the vents to check on them.

17. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

CTs going in vents = no use of them for Ts. Have you played any other JB servers? IF you aren't a complete shit commmander and don't have a speech disorder, you can easily do this in a few words.

18. Boy

Boy Administrator

True, this just causes instant deaths for Ts. All the commanders should be specifying orders clearly. If shit commander = more rebels. Good commander = Your orders pwn rebels. Not every player is a regular on JB, This would help new players to learn the scenario and create a fair environment in the server, cut down cry babies and moaners. Harder for CTs tho, I think it would give them something to do rather than playing simon says whole day.

As far as I know, Jailbreak is more about Ts looking ways to rebel. And CTs trying to use the round to command and make the game enjoyable by using map and different techniques to get rid of Ts until 2 left rather than dragging 1 game from the start till the end. CTs are more in control of how fun the round is, so setting rules like these would be enjoyable for both sides to remember what the commands were at the start. It works like this atleast in other servers.

Also it would be helpful if someone makes a thread about different games which could be played in Jailbreak adding a small summary of it so the commanders can learn/revive old orders to make the rounds more interesting!

19. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

Another thing that makes a jailbreak server is having 1 map. We need to get a bunch of guys together to make 1 HeLL map instead of rotating maps every 30 minutes, new players might dislike this and it's easier for new players to get familiar with the map instead of learning new ones.

We need a lower form a admin for jailbreak. Maybe with only slap,slay, and CT ban. More admins that are trusted playing = more freekilling being witnessed = more justice being done.

20. Boy

Boy Administrator

I agree, the map cycle should ONLY have fair maps, common ones which are widely played on other servers aswel so players wont have to waste rounds figuring the structure of the map although most maps are pretty much the same just different textures and stuff.

Jailbreak shouldn't have a huge variety of maps and short amount of rounds each map..

However, i dont agree about having another level of admin, Admins should only be ]HeLL[, ]HeLL-F[ and PayAdmins.