1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"keep prize or pass it"

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Chasin, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Chasin

Chasin Member
    Donator

Hello,

I think we all know the game CT use where they say: you want to keep the prize or pass it? I really think this is annoying and doesnt belong with JB. For example: last week the commander did a trivia with 20 terrorists alive. I managed to be fast and answer the trivia as first. I had to get out of isolation and i had the choice of keeping the prize or pass it to someome else.

Ofcourse i want to keep it, why would i even answer the trivia then. My prize was death. I basically managed to outplay the other people and then i just die.

They wasted 2 minutes with this and I think we should play the games in a jailbreak map and not this.. What do you guys think?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

Isn't taking a prize the same as keeping it?

3. aNtiix

aNtiix Senior Member
    Donator

Im sure he meant " keep the prize or pass it to someone else " :s

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Im sure you were banned from the server anyway? :nerd:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

He is using his VAC banned steam id now instead of undercover hax account.

6. Chasin

Chasin Member
    Donator

Oops yes i meant that Antix! Commanders use this quite a lot lately: "you want to keep the prize or pass it to someone else?". Sometimes it just looks like favoritsm or a certain hate against a player.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

A lot of the time they type the prize in CT chat first, if they don't they could be favouring some players. If they don't type it I personally slay them if the prize was death/lr.

Whenever I hear commander say the winner gets a prize, I never answer... It's obvious what the prize is most of the time. If you don't want to die, don't risk answering. I never answer when this is the case...

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. nic

nic Member
    Donator

It's a silly game really. We might as well have a flat map with nothing on it and play mind games all day.

Having said which, first prize is always death:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

If a T wins a trivia he/she should be rewarded in positive ways, else no one will ever reply to a trivia again if the prize is death most of the times.

The T should be rewarded such as picking a game, being a main factor in the game, being able to dodgeball and have a free shot anywhere on the pitch. Those are trivia rewards that sctually dont ruin gameplay by getting T's killed by it.

There should be no gameplay ruin games, such as those

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

I don't see an issue with this command. It's been around for longer then I've been here. It is a fun-random aspect of winning trivia, it is in no way unfair as you have the option to pass it (if it was death) or keep it (if it was LR/choose X to die). It's random, similar to Russian roulette but with 1 bullet in a 2 round pistol. CT's must always type the prize in CT chat to avoid favoritism.

11. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

Can we as payadmins enforce the Commander must type prize in ct chat" AND that they must always ask if they wanna pass the prize or not? This makes death a more random factor as every prize will be handled the same way

So a friendly ct can steam ghost the winner also xd

12. TheDooZDude

TheDooZDude Member

For the game to be fare, I always type prize in CT chat before throwing the trivia at the T's.
    And if you don't want to make that choice, you have a choice before, to NOT answer the trivia correctly if you know what's coming at you next.
    I don't think this is a fun game, neither that it is a boring game, and also I think it shouldn't be removed but instead forced to be done the way I, and many more CT's like me do it.

13. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

There won't be a rule that will be designed specifically for this. However Admins are supposed to prevent unfair play. So I would say that you can warn players to type the prize in CT chat. I don't think we will enforce that they MUST ask keep/pass prizes.

14. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

every time i have seen someone do this they have actually typed the prize in CT chat so that is not a current problem but sure it sucks to die when u win