1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZE maps WTF?????

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Tombi432, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Tombi432

Tombi432 Junior Member

Now i really start to enjoy ZE maps and even decidet to create my own ZE map in deathrun_northern_style. But something is really annoying:

Why the fuck do those maps have so much senseless stuff in it that only eats up FPS or extreme Confusing

some examples:

ze_predator: extreme laggy unable to survive for me
    ze_hypernova: confusing like hell
    same with those lotr maps
    total unfriendly for noobs. I can just run with others but I dont really get what to do on certain maps.
    If I create a ZE map it should be noob friendly and be playable on low pcs.

It seems most of those mapper have Quard core computers or other high end devices. I mean cmon how long would be the compiletime on some maps like this Labyrinth in ze_paranoia 1 week, 2 week, month oO.
    This new Hypernova is freaking confusing and bit.
    i live in austria and the nearest server is in french. Plz someone tell me whats going on in ZE and whats important if i createa ZE map

2. Bloody

Bloody Veteran Member

well becasue it looks cool and much maps are made of movies so they did every detail... also a ze map is vey hard to make, but i think you can do it ;)
    maybe you can also do of a movie..
    like avatar or something? or something in space with that style

3. Jizzy

Jizzy The Experienced

OMG ze_avatar, bloody your a genius!

ZE maps are only confusing to new players, humans are supposed to stay together and work as a team, so even if you dont no where your going because your new, you can just follow everyone else.

Things that I think make a good ZE map:

1. Secrets - Secret guns that do stuff like LOTR with the staffs etc.

2. Visuals/Sounds - Most ZE look stunning compared to normal maps. The visuals and sounds of a map give excitment to players, especially sounds when used in the right places.

3. Alternatives routes - Players like having the option to take other routes, especially helpfull near spawn area to prevent zombies from killing all humans too early in the round.

4. Defend Points - Less humans should be able to fight off many zombies.

5. Epic Ending - Use appropriate sounds and visuals for the ending, winning as humans needs to be epic and exciting so that players want to try and try again. E.g the ending of LOTR Helmes Deep.

6. Long Escape - I find short maps like sorrento boring, much prefer long maps that are challenging to win.

I might think of more stuff later!

4. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

yoo lol ze_avatar is gone be an epic one!

5. DizzeH

DizzeH Senior Member

i think playing Zombie with friends is so much easier

6. Bloody

Bloody Veteran Member

ofcourse im a genius... who doesn't know that!
    only worried about that avatar is shit open movie so maybe its a bit very low fps on some places
    and maybe the end of map all humans go in ship and go off planet and see how the planet is being destryed by rockets etc.

7. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Yeah Tombi, if you decide to make a ze map you gotta think about the theme or concept about it first.

ze_avatar would be probably one of the hardest maps to make in my opinion, even though it would be epic if it would be made lol!

Like Jizzzzzy said his ideas would make a nice ze map, but it's not necessary. You can if you want use basic textures to make it a high-fps map lol. :p

8. Jizzy

Jizzy The Experienced

Yeh it totally depends what your going for, what your concept is. People copy movies because its really hard to get ideas for ZE maps, also ppl think its sick to play on maps designed around movies.

You should totally give zm_avatar a shot though Tombi, there are plenty of things you could do, im getting excited just thinking about it!

9. Boy

Boy Administrator

It doesn't have to be exactly like in movie, you just take the movie as an idea, theme.. Naming ur map as ze_avatar would automatically make it feel like an official avatar map ^^

10. Tombi432

Tombi432 Junior Member

an avatar ze map would everything beat what i createt so far.
    But it should be playable on Pentium 4 or 5 year old pcs. The Terrain would be easy to make
    But i need all those models of plants. And this already kills the map
    because plants and models eat up your pc especially when there are 50players + server stability.
    I had worries that northern crater could make servers unstable. But then when i saw ZE maps i thought how can this the server handle
    Look this forest from predator map or the first part from lotr. That part is almost Unplayabledue low fps.

Following problems are there when i really make an avatar map:

1. Terrain textures: northern crater textures (modified) would work but im not sure cant remember that movie anymore
    2. Models: if there should be such weird Forrest i need some screenshots how they look. Ifsomeone can provide itwould be really nice
    3. Balance.I never created ZE maps. Solution: I make the Map layout. someone has to test it

The biggest problem: I already talked with Hannibal he createt those LOTR maps and Mako Reactor7 and he said that the Final compile took whole 3 days. And he has high end equipment. He make maps in other games too.
    I have a Pentium 4 pc. And a dual core laptopwherei create my maps. Imagine an avatar map. And if my map has lowfps i dont even upload it.
    Im more of Underworld style where Pandoras Box that lies in a cellar in a village got opend and Humans have to go to an Tower
    All those who know this snes game know what i mean. Also an Underworld (Volcanic map) would be playable on low pcs
    80% of CSS players have bad pc else they would play battlefielt and those retardet games
    In ZE maps I prefer gameplay > graphics all the time. It should be enjoyable for new players and those pros
    And the leader should not be depending on players hardware.
    Imagine Deathrun with those lags.....
    Forrests are allways pain in the ass to create

The events are NP for me. But whats important in ZE

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I dont really know what sort of important things you are looking for regarding the ZE maps... You need to create CT and T spawns in one place... after some random seconds, someone will turn into zombie and be sent back to spawn and he will chase the humans... All this will be done by the server... no extra stuff from map is required.

12. Jizzy

Jizzy The Experienced

Zombie servers are heavy servers, theres alot more for the server to process, more bullets + props flying eveywhere, which results in almost every Zombie server lagging to begin with.

Theres many people you can trust on this site with high spec machines, if you want them to compile your map for you.

Also, Id be happy to test out the map if you want. Add me on steam "lebles".

ze_avatar would have to look amazing, which would sacrifice fps but I reckon it would be one of the most popular ze maps if done correctly. You could probably do a couple of avatar based ze maps.

One could be the floating rock mountains:

[​IMG]

One could be the forest floor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One could be in the military and reserach labs:

[​IMG]

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

yea, we got bare computing power if you wanna compile stuff etc. ;)

14. Tombi432

Tombi432 Junior Member

Thx but first i have to fix northern_crater

- Death at start
    - Increase FPS