1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Metal related thread.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Boost, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Boost

Boost The Experienced
    Donator

Question is simple,

Metalcore/Deathcore n stuff like these. What do you think about those "genres"?

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Metalcore is OK but deathcore starts to be too much music.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boost

Boost The Experienced
    Donator

Ofcourse it's just a personal opinion prob, but Metalcore is not that okay, some exceptions maybe.
    Metalcore just seems like a genre kinda evolved from the various Metal subgenres, and it's everything built around it that is also bad. Firstly, I've heard plenty alot of Metalcore songs, they all sound pretty much like the same, no creativity at all, no innovations, always the same metal chugs on the same notes, and this goes for years, always the same. Then, the look they give to "Metal" makes me really annoyed, mostly they look like a bunch of angry emo kids.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nodari

Nodari The Experienced

They're just full of fake swaggy idiots. Today's teenagers saying they listen to metal and the only band they know is Bullet for My Valentine or Bring Me The Horizon.. and I can't stand these bands.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 17, 2014 ---
    Basically it's like screaming one direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marcus

Marcus Veteran Member
    Donator

Metalcore in general isn't very good because almost nothing is original, then you have bands like As I Lay Dying who are fucking awesome. Also, deathcore is shit. Got no problems with Bullet for my valentine but BMTH sucks dick.

6. aNimal

aNimal Member
    Donator

Imo BFMV have been a consistently good band for years, its only recently that they've been thrown in with BMTH, their last album (temper temper?) however was way too generic, it felt weak an not very special compared to their earlier stuff like the poison. There are some great metalcore bands out there at the moment i.e, August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, and heck you could even call A Day to Remember metalcore with a pop - punk fusion. Bands that mix up metalcore with perhaps softer genres are becoming more frequent, which i personally really like i.e SycAmour.
    I don't think its fair to be basing your opinions of a genre on the most "popular" bands like BMTH or even Black Veil Brides, they have their target audiences of young, impressionable teenagers who wont delve into the genre but will put up false pretenses and act like they're into it. Its how these bands make their money.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nodari

Nodari The Experienced

But these most popular bands are 'representing' metalcore... they can change a bit of metalcore's directions with what they release.. and currently it's just boring shit. I wouldn't call that metal to be honest.. it's just too swaggy and attention seeking and it doesn't belong here..

And you have to speak up about this because you get all these tons of teenagers who supposedly listen to "metal" by knowing a couple core bands to which they mostly listen because they seek attention, because that's the most hipsterous thing to do nowadays! Acting as if you're different and unique.

And that's just how they spread information to other people. I've met several kids who cannot see beyond metalcore.

8. Marcus

Marcus Veteran Member
    Donator

Everyone IS different and unique

9. Nodari

Nodari The Experienced

Except when they put on their swag, and act like other famous "swaggy" people to seem cool. You're not different and unique when you're trying to impress people in retarded ways.

10. Marcus

Marcus Veteran Member
    Donator

I meant everyone on this earth in general, everyone is unique.