1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BHOP Suggestions

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Vmx, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Vmx

Vmx The Experienced

Hi
    1. Remove custom weapon commands, I think every map should be played the way mapper wants you to play them, you can abuse many maps by using gun commands it is not needed at all.
    2. Don't allow knife dropping, by that I mean right now you can just drop all your weapons even knife and be without any weapons, what this does is without weapons strafing is much easier and it's pretty much cheating, there is a reason why "!lj" command won't let you do anything if you don't have weapons on, it will say "check your weapons" it pretty much like fps_maxing but different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

1) np.
    2) I need more people to confirm that since i didn't see any difference between holding nothing and holding a scout.

3. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

@Nomy

250 vel = knife
    260 vel = nothing/scout

Personally I like !glock and !usp due to bhoping with them is more comfortable :/ hate just the knife.

but glock and boosters are easier then lets say a shotgun that the map provides.

That small little boost from the no knife/scout can allow a higher pre-strafe for things like longjump, making it "easier"

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

So unless we are also removing !scout there is no real need to force knives. Because since the timer change, everyone had the choice to complete map without knife. Restricting that now would make it unfair until we reset times.

The basic commands like !glock !usp !scout should still be available. And number 2 shouldn't be done imo.

5. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Part 1 yup, Scout is the same speed as no knife, Not sure about the no knife and making strafing much easier.

And agreed, I like !glock and !usp, never liked !scout but I rarely use it haha, Been there since day one and although that !scout/no knife can cause a small "difference" in !wr's

6. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

Personally I wouldn't delete the weapon choices of !glock and !usp because I like to switch between those aswell. But to have a complete legit bhop server the !scout and no-knife should be removed. It gives a small advantage in certain maps, especially in the strafe-edits of some maps or kz-maps.

Beginners won't confirm this, but a lot of people on the server who are decent bhoppers will agree with the removal of !scout and no-knife.

About the wr's, the timer isn't set up for a long time now. It would be more easy to make this changes now and delete maybe 150 wr's.

7. Vmx

Vmx The Experienced

Don't have to reset times, since there are not many wr's right now its not a big problem.

8. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

When we are already suggesting.. is it possible to order the maplist alphabetical? It's a small detail that helps the player to find a map more easy in the list.

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

So do you get "easier" strafing with scout too? because !scout was always on server. In which case the noknife suggestion shouldn't be followed.

10. Vmx

Vmx The Experienced

yes

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bishop

Bishop Member
    Donator

It's 270

and bcuz that +20 boost kz maps what i like 2 play with lj and climb are 2 easy if i use noknife. like my best time on kz_bhop_yonkoma is about 30min but if i do run with noknife/scout i can do it with in like 15min so that boost gives u a big advantage.

And about lj if u can lj even 240 u probably can do with noknife/scout 250 bcuz that +20 boost... Like i can lj 260-267 (267 takes like 10 min to blockjump it) but if ill use noknife ill jump 270 block on fisrt try.. So theres no point for me to use it cuz its just too easy with noknife
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2014 ---

Noknife/ scout wont help u when u're starfing (bhopping) it just gives u 20 extra pre-speed on your first jump.

12. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

btw can you leave !usp in? it would make no difference I think (can't think of a map that you could abuse with this), as chris pointed out it's a lot more comfortable to maintain speed/strafe with the glock/usp than with a knife. dropping knife and scout gives you extra boost so you can lj further, very cheaty... Than again if you don't remove !scout than there is no reason to remove knife drop, but keep in mind both are cheaty in many maps that involve around lj... And yes, if you want to do this you will most likely have to reset times, but good bhoppers will be able to do wr in maps even without the gun drops and the scout, it's just a tiny little extra boost in the first jump. (except when talking about lj, which good longjumpers can do without scout/knife drop...)

13. Bishop

Bishop Member
    Donator

could u remove "spectators" slot from bhop timer GUI. Most people stops bhop and sometimes quit when u spec them and because that it's hard to spot scripters

Thanks

14. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

Since there's already a thread about bhop suggestions I'll just leave this here.
    Can you uncensor dead chat? It's really annoying I spectate someone and I have to rejoing the team to chat with them, so can't spectate and chat at same time, really annoying. Also, the chat really isn't distracting if you're bhopping, whoever is distracted by the chat is a noob. No other server does this, don't see why this server should.

15. Steviee

Steviee The Experienced
    Donator

Possible to add back like on the old timer, where you can save your position, then go spec and resume from that position.

Was always really useful when helping out players with what to do on certain parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Bishop

Bishop Member
    Donator

bumb

17. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

@Steviee, found a solution for this if you wanna help other ppl while doing a run. If you type !pause, then !tpto to the person you wanna help with. Then do !resume again. It's not the same as going to spec but it kinda works :)

Also I'd wanna suggest something. If you do !lj it shows you the amount of strafes, sync, etc. But if it's possible if you do a normal run that it shows the sync of your strafes also?

Example:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

Seen a plugin on other bhop servers lately. It's one that shows the replays of different wr runs. Like a BOT replays the wr of Normal, and this also for SW, W-only and Bonus.

It's a cool feature to add imo because it teaches you how to perfect a map with an example of a previous run. As far as I know it will require 4 slots that are set as BOTS. As soon as a run on that category is done and has the first place in that rank. The BOT will copy the #1 run in that rank.

This would be great if this was on the Bhop server aswell :)

Plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164148

19. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

The linked plugin isn't for what you have described. It spawns a bot that copies your movement for when you were recording. This plugins wont know who finished first etc.

20. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

I'll have another look and link as soon as I get the correct one :)

Edit:

It seems like the owner of another server paid for the modification of this plugin and the code isnt released to the public: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240071

This is the orignal CS:S Bot Mimic: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240071

Another member posted he could do it better and gave an example:

Code:
    I'd do it but I'm fucking lazy.

tl;dr:
    1. record positions & viewangles in array when starting timer
    2. save to file if WR when finishing
    3. clear array on finish
    4. calculate speed
    Code:
    new Float:speed[3];
    MakeVectorFromPoints(newpos, oldpos, speed);

for(new i; i <= 2; i++)