1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan Server CS:S Admin

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Bavarias, May 1, 2014.

1. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Indeed, you can only get admin on pub server if you get recruit in the ]HeLL[ squad.

You can add all ]HeLL[ and ]HeLL-F[ members and ask anyone of them to help in case of a rule-breaker.

http://hellclan.co.uk/members/?type=hell
    http://hellclan.co.uk/members/?type=hellf

I think the server auto-kicks if players are AFK, I tested this sometime ago I think...

About the increase of server slots you have to wait for @Nomy to reply. I don't think its a good idea to increase.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bavarias

Bavarias Junior Member

Any chance of an active player getting to be a member of Hell?

3. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Players always have a chance of being recruited in the clan if they suit the clan.

This is discussed internally, so we cannot give anymore info about this.

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

To get in ]HeLL[, you must be in ]HeLL-F[ previously. The clan is invite only.

The slot size was already increased from 16 to 20.

5. BLiZZ

BLiZZ Veteran Member
    Donator

The ban lasts for 25 minutes i'm guessing because the voteban could have been abused and 25 minutes is plenty of time to post a demo before the hackers gets back on and for the TK being 35 minutes more than the voteban time is probably because, a voteban is indefenite, whereas the Teamkilling ban is an automated detector, i'm guessing..

6. mr.pie

mr.pie Newbie

I agree with all of this, I haven't been on the server but I have started to play it regularly again and would like to see the requests in this thread for filled, thanks.

7. Boy

Boy Administrator

I think server slots needs decreasing and need another 16 slot pub.
    Harder to manage 1 big server than 2 small. Kinda hard to prove but I feel there will be likelihood of more admins joining once we have 2 pub servers.

Team attack wasn't a problem until lately, could also blame the server slot for getting team nades and flashes. If we dont get another pub then i would also suggest FF being off with 20 slots. But ideally we want FF to be on.

I dont think having 2 or 3 regulars given admin or having PayAdmins on the pub server a good idea, realistically its not ever gona happen unfortunately. If we feel a player is active enough, smart and helpful and mature enough then we will invite them to the clan which automatically give access to admin on all servers.

Regarding server maps/restarts. Its a known issue, server does get laggy after hundreds of rounds on dd2. We will try to get the map cycle fixed or have regular server restarts/ throughout the day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JamesCapaldi

JamesCapaldi Newbie

Out of interest how did the current hell members come to be invited into the clan? I've seen very little positive interaction between admins and the community on the public server other than the banning of hackers (props for that I guess), apart from Pickle who is always up for a laugh. It's guys like red_bairN who make the server a fun place to be, and it's these players who should at least be considered for admin.

I think 20 slots is big enough, anymore would be too manic and reduce the enjoyment for everyone, I'd rather wait a while to get in to a good experience, than enter instantly into a poor one.

The map should restart after a set number of rounds (50?), surely there's a console command for this (mp_maxrounds?) let alone a simple mod? And a daily server restart would be nice even if it's not lagging at the time, a daily restart would be better than waiting until it's unplayable.

Good to see the community getting involved with suggestions.

9. Nerik

Nerik Newbie

dont touch nothing lol

10. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

I loved the server more when it was 16 slots, but with 4 slots more, it was OK, so adding more, will get badly bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

why not add like 1 or 2 bomb/defuse maps that will fix the map cycle issue

12. Huskybear

Huskybear Junior Member

I personaly dissagree that friendly fire should be turned off. This is a skilled base game and part of not killing your team mates is an aspect which contributes to the this factor. I also feel like it retains some aspect of realism which if taken away would dumb down the game. I agree that more active admins would awsome.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. frozen

frozen Newbie

A change of the voteban ratio would sort some of this out. It would mean that we could at least get rid of people who are cheating/tking. It takes far too long to talk everyone into votebanning.

Is there a mod to give regulars extra 'weight'ing in the voteban system? I.e. regulars votes count as 2-3 players? So if say 3 regulars were to agree someone was cheating, they would be able to voteban someone, rather than those 3 people spending 45 minutes explaining to everyone that they need to voteban.

Obviously people would need to be appointed as these regulars capable of having more power in controlling the server, and they'd have to be trust-worthy yada yada.

Friendly fire is nice to have when people aren't abusing it but if it was taken out these TKers would just switch to team flashing and blocking to piss people off, and there are no automated scripts for those so it's better that we sort out the problem of being able to police these people rather than just changing the server because of their abuse.

Also the reserved slots are annoying and keep people in spec, the old system of being kicked for a reserve slot was fairer because at least the server was constantly full of people not in spec.

14. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

The servers been running for years without people complaining an just reporting, why do people need to look for more power?

15. frozen

frozen Newbie

Because for years there wasn't a problem but now there is a problem effecting game play. There used to be tonnes of admins on and tonnes of servers with FF. Now there just aren't the admins on as frequently and hell clan is one of the few servers with FF on, and so people are abusing it.

16. Boy

Boy Administrator

You can always record a demo and report on here.

Votes arent really vote if certain individual player gets more weight in their vote. Appointing regulars and giving them admin is not how we run. We admins will try to be more active on public server.

Normally team attackers get slayed automatically if within the 1st few seconds of spawn. Player also gets temp ban for team killing excessively.

17. Bavarias

Bavarias Junior Member

Ok so the people have spoken and the outcome is that there is no problem and nothing will be changed, gotcha.

18. Boy

Boy Administrator

The Pub server will be moving, there was a lot of network lag lately.

The only real issue I see is the amount of rounds being played on dd2. I think team attacking issue is solved as I see more members on server already.

After about 100 rounds I think the server starts to get laggy, so the server needs better map vote timing/resets. Its in nomy's list so we will be working on that. I also like to encourage players to try different maps. Couple of years ago or so, we used to play different types of maps including custom maps (aim, awp, texture, fy) and cs maps. I knw we removed a lot of em but we still have the default cs and de maps. Remember, this isnt a dd2 only server and the round time is set to accommodate cs maps game-play too.

Having players to nominate and RTV is also a good way to change the map which helps to fix laggy player models issue.

Apart from that, I dont see no problem with the server. Oh yea, camping. Its still not allowed. I know 10v10, many players, etc but try not to camp on any map and on any side. Its a public server, not a 5v5 match server where camping is essential. Its a completely different scenario with 20 players and Ts having no voice communication. The rule is there for a reason, otherwise everyone would join CT just to camp around.
    Anyone can easily camp and kill wid awp in a public server.. so work for your kill. Outa topic but just mentioned as most of you pub players posted here/saw this. So don't be surprised when you get slayed in game. ^^

19. Bavarias

Bavarias Junior Member

Just got banned by a guy whos pic of himself resembles those worms of men in black, The reason being "Voteban Abuse" when as a joke with HIT which we both voteban each other as banter all the time.
    Any way I then see the ban is for 2 weeks. After the 5 or 6 bans you have made in the last week for very petty reasons i cant help but think that hell has an admin who just so happens to be the owners brother. Who has clearly been bullied or is that power mad to voteban 90% of the most regular, active, players on Hell clan server.

Although i have been banned from the server for 2 weeks i will defiantly not return.
    Its lucky that a regular HELL clan player realised how many people would move to his server as there is no admin abuse, and all the problems mentioned in this thread is not any problem there. which is why a huge percentage are choosing currently to play on a server that isnt up properly rather then play on a server which is broke, ran by a broken community. You had a huge following and 99% of people who played your server were active and were classed as regulars, not that you would of known this. Its sad. And from what i can see its ran by a guy who couldn't give a fuck, and then backed up by pessimistic, power hungry, dissapointing pricks.

Bavarias Out.

20. Boy

Boy Administrator