1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player ct ban and/or a guide on ct

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Le Rubber Ducky God, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Le Rubber Ducky God

Many of the problems with uncontrollable rounds is that there are way too many bad cts, not all, but many times one ct is baiting and then the entire round gets ruined because of one baddy.

potential solutions:

a) the easier to implement, is a guide with vital information to learn and read over before going ct. along the lines of !rules it could be !guide and it could explain to cts the do's and dont's of being a ct and guarding terrorists successfully. I think this will be very helpful to the vast horde of noob cts that aren't reaching their potential in terms of guarding terrorists.

b) my other - more radical - suggestion is that we have a new player ct ban in place where no player that has just started playing on the server recently can go on ct team. This would be to give them time to learn the ropes as opposed to potentially hopping into a volcano with a potential ct ban against them in any case. the bonus to this idea would be that mass freekillers would be reduced by 99% as most of those guys are just randoms who decided to kill a bunch of law abiding terrorists for whatever sick reason..
    the ct ban would be lifted after a period of time, those people are known to have mics or whatever other clauses you can think of.

feel free to adjust, reject or suggest other, similar ideas. this is after all, only a suggestion.

2. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

So far we have !motd (http://hellclan.co.uk/motd/jb.html) and !rules(http://hellclan.co.uk/motd/jbrules.html). They display general and server specific rules. The !rules say what CTs and Ts are not allowed to do.

As for B, I think this would be a bad idea because we do get people from other communities who are really good commanders and this would put them off. Eventually if we carried on the way we do, we would eventually run out of Free killers anyway :D. It's a good suggestion in theory but it wouldn't give a good impression if we keep CTbans on new players.

3. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

I think B sounds really good just put it on like 5 hours play time that would prevent a lot of freekillers randomly joining too

4. Le Rubber Ducky God

i think we need a more detailed guide, or maybe a more encouragement to look at the guides available maybe?

and i must say, those act as a list of rules, as opposed to a guide, of which i'm suggesting

people coming from other server don't know the way that we play jailbreak do they? i remember when i came from OB it was a very different experience from what i was used to and i had to adjust to HeLL.
    plus it's not like we can't remove them early or keep them on for longer depending on the situation.

and the ct ban can be as short or as long as u feel, would a potential mass freekiller who joined solely to freekill a large group of people wait around for say, 1-2 hours just to do that?

5. DaFuQ

DaFuQ Member
    Donator

Lets be honest, who plays CSS and joins a server to read paragraphs of rules and do's/dont's, aint nobody got time fo dat!

Secondly, immediate CT bans would be extremely discouraging for players regardless if they've played Jailbreak before. Some new players pick the rules up by having a go at CT and observing what the commander/other CTs do (This is how I learnt when I first played because playing as T gives you no insight whatsoever).

6. Le Rubber Ducky God

food for thought.

7. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

Can't we have a sort of plugin that causes players at ct that get ctbanned also get a plugin message of the forum link in big letters with underneath a little rulesheet

8. p0nZ

p0nZ The Experienced

Every new player deserves to give it a try as ct,If they mess up they can always be moved.

9. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

still 1-5 hours ingame time ctban isnt bad its good to get a feel of how the jb on this server works

10. Snuggie

Snuggie Senior Member
    Donator

In my opinion its not a friendly welcoming to be automatically ctbanned when you join, same way I used to tell payadmins not to ask for mics when players joined since I was told not to by a superadmin and completely agreed. Its not a warm welcoming to the server to be pestered as soon as you join
    Just grit your teeth and put up with it. Admins can easily move players who dont know the rules, its not that big of a deal really theres like 30 payadmins for JB

11. Game Over

Game Over Member
    Donator

How about they can't join ct till they tick a box saying they read the rules, obv as soon as you join reading paras isn't the best but this is the best way to stop everyone from being banned, but it also shows the rules and forces them to scroll down through them before being able to ct.

12. Game Over

Game Over Member
    Donator

More like 14ish good guess though

13. J3SSICA

J3SSICA Member

lol there's like 22

14. Mousey

Mousey Veteran Member
    Donator

It will take over 'I have read the terms and conditions' to be the biggest lie..

15. Bruwitz

Bruwitz Member

Does anyone reads the rules? Itk that`s why i got banned.

16. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Rools are rules mate! :rofl:

17. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

It's common sense to read the rules. Conpare it to this example: you killed a person, you get caught and then you say "Oops I didn't know that this wasn't allowed". It's common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

I'd suggest adding a simplified (Radio) rules.

19. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

!rules !motd?

20. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

No, I meant something that requires less work, like a panel menu.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1