1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFK Freeze = NO MOUSE

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by argony, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argony

argony Member

I don't get why there's any confusion about this whatsoever.

Freeze = don't move

Afk-freeze = don't move

Moving your mouse = moving your character = not frozen which more often then not results in you getting shot.

A picture for visual aid when thinking about ''freeze''.
    [​IMG]

2. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

Basically what argony said, But alot of people let you off for mouse moving, Its only people who are trigger happy that actually shoot you for looking around.

3. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

I remember that once, i killed a T. when I said Freeze or afk-freeze, he jumped,i Frucked him up, he said freekill, after discussing it, he said dat while frozen, you can jump. He is a PA.

4. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

A fk freeze was introduced by noobs pushing commanders trying to find way around commands, but I agree freeze means freeze, afk freeze means freeze

5. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

I know, even simply "freeze" should imply that one does not use the mouse, but for reasons such as Natural tendencies of ADHD in human beings (I'm half-way joking, but still srs) simply "freeze" allows Terrorists to turn around, i mean come on, who would like this game if "freeze" means to simply watch the screen, thats very boring. AFK freeze is used at "dangerous" times with many ppl or rebels going on or a vent is open etc.

Freeze is just used as a waypoint when going somewhere, crowd control, around corners etc.

6. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

Sorry for the off-t. Ben, my love, where are you, why arent you in Jail!

7. Timoke

Timoke Veteran Member

How would commander know that you had some buttons binded on your mouse?
    AFK freeze command is vague and people should just use command 'freeze' being AFK while ingame is just impossible.

8. argony

argony Member

Whoever said that is a liar.

It's true that there's a fair amount of commanders that are very forgiving on commands not being followed as they should but that's their decision.

If a commander decides to shoot a T for moving his mouse then that would be the Ts fault for trying to be funny, a warning shot / a warning over the mic saying ''you move you die'' would be recommended as to avoid any confusion about why a T gets when he moves his mouse.

You can always type in chat to talk with your other Ts , you could plan a rebellion during the freeze time if you wanted. :)

9. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

What you are ALL saying, is very correct and is nothing else than things I already know and am aware of.

However, I invite you all to command "freeze" or even "afk freeze" and shoot anyone who turns or uses knife in the air, you'll be told many different things, among the more mild things "freekiller" and "trigger happy". Just try it and watch the spam you'll get about freeshooting.

Everyone is playing on a basis that turning around is OK.

Im bringing this up because I want to use the command AFK freeze as a known command for "Don't touch your fucking stuff, just watch the screen" at times of chaos such as 25 terrorists and 5 in vent, so i don't have to explain

"all t's stand still do not move dont turn dont knife the air dont jump" and by this time the rebels have shot me then it's a freeday and the round is even more chaotic.

If I can just say "AFK FREEZE" and then go about finding the rebels, that would make things easier. Sure it might take a day or two, but if all admins read this and agree together that "AFK FREEZE" becomes a command for "watch the screen and nothing else", everyone will follow in the matter of 1-2 days - or even a couple of rounds.

10. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

True, but if you've played on the server then you know that this rarely happens (a planned rebel by chat) and even when done, hardly anyone does it. I haven't yet witnessed in my time a rebel that involved more than 2 terrorists planning a rebellion by chat and doing so.

11. Kill

Kill Veteran Member
    Donator

I think they do that, so if there are some weapons, T's wont notice them.

12. argony

argony Member

Command freeze. Say ''move to die''. Shoot everyone that moves his or her mouse, do remember that people sometimes accidentally bump into their mouse so shooting people that only move slightly might be a bit over the top but the ones that are spinning circles / going from left to right etc you can just shoot those.

If anyone complains about it being a freekill just reply with: ''You were free to follow my command if you wanted to live, you did not. So yes you freekilled yourself. :) ''

When I used to command there were times were I was very strict about the commands ( usually when there's too many Ts / Ts that rebel every single round) and even though some may not like you being strict it does help the ''good'' Ts as they get to play the games on the map and such while the ''bad'' Ts wait in spectator mode.

13. oNtOuReR

oNtOuReR Junior Member

you know that is a complete useless rule to shot ppls that moving their mouse doode im on the server to play and not to whatch like 5min. (that really happens sometimes) and be frozen lol thats not the point of the game and all those lame cts that just need forever to guncheck dont have to wonder if a t starts moving or knifing when he need to spectate his monitor that long cause he gets bored....
    and btw my mouse is not my keybord so if you want to stop t's knifing something then why you dont just command afk freeze face you're cell and knife to die lol

14. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Tomtom I already kill people who carry on moving after warnings freeze means freeze, I dislike people who push commanders and don't use common sence, jailbreak is very dynamic and most people have a different command style.

15. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

I understand all of your points. Please try to understand mine.

I'm not looking to make it easier to kill terrorist, on the contrary.

If we all agree that freeze means just dont move with WASD (do not step in any direction) then that would stop trigger happiness because just "freeze" is used more often.

AFK-freeze would then instead only be used the short moment when exiting cells (if there are many T's) or when there is an ongoing rebellion or t's in vent.

I'm just sharing some thoughts..

16. oNtOuReR

oNtOuReR Junior Member

i understand that but you cannot force like 16-20 players to just spectate theirs screens till they get bored and run off so you dont have to handle so many t's anymore. as a ct you should always bring enough space through you and a t that he cant hit you when he starts movin and killing ppls for the reason: he jumped,crouched,moved a bit that is just sensless and over reacted i think.

17. oNtOuReR

oNtOuReR Junior Member

thats also the reason why there is the rule cts should give warnshots but most of cts dont ever think about that...
    and you can see in like 2 seconds if a t is rebeling or not

18. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

Oh my God.

19. argony

argony Member

Maybe if you Ts would follow commands properly then you wouldn't have to wait so long everytime ? Just a suggestion ^.^

20. TomTom

TomTom Junior Member
    Donator

+1

The art of arguing simply for the sake of arguing without even trying to hear other people's views/reasoning overwhelms me at times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.