1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Guide

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by WildFire, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

Picture 4 In First Thread, I believe in my personal opinion that its a secret, I and any MANY other Pa's agree that its a secret.

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That place isn't a secret. PayAdmins agree or not...
    Getting there is secret, not place itself. It's fully visible.

If you think it isn't right, let me know so we can have a poll or please provide convincing argument.

3. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

The main argument is that the CTs (or Ts) can camp up there on FFDs and because the glass is one way that this can be used to an advantage, however bullets do reduced damage through this. Only an awp has the abillity to deal decent damage.

4. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

CTs (or Ts) can camp up there on FFDs and because the glass is one way that this can be used to an advantage.
    Whole point of FFD's is that Ct's don't have an advantage ? Lol
    Ct's have 250 HP And an AWP = Mass murder in FFD's

5. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

that spot is very unfair, cuz ppl can see out and ppl cant see in. that way very hard to know if someone is there and kill him

6. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Imo it's a secret as;

1. The ONLY way to get there is through a secret
    2. It gives a very one sided advantage to people up there.

7. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

Whenever I've seen people camp there (Before FFDs) They get naded. I honestly don't think this is a serious issue.

8. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

Well I tend to agree that camping in there is very very boring and the 1 sided glass is definitely an advantage but as wildfire pointed out you can nade whoever is there. On the other hand if there are enough people with AWPs up there, it's practically an invincible and very unfair camping spot. ALSO, not to mention the fact that you can camp the teleporter and whoever tries to go inside there gets insta-killed especially on knife wardays, this is truly an unfair spot...

9. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Might aswell post something aswell

That minecraft window is also a oneway window ie can see out but not in, you can also chuck nades inside there as the "glass" doesn't actually exist, they both have secret teleporters to actually get to the places...

Going back to when the map was first introduced to the server before all the updates to it, only a few regs knew how to get into this area as it gave a great vantage point to the CT for dealing with them dirty rebells, Both locations offer a secret scout aswell :/

tldr : Overall I think if one is being classed as a secret they both should be as they are similar.

10. argony

argony Member

At the minecraft one you can't really say that it's easy to know where someone is as it's a fairly big area with a teleporter out.

At vipinthemix it's one very small area, that you can fully see from the outside, it has no way of getting out except for the invisible ladder at the front of the thing.

Also the minecraft one gives you a view of an area that has a lot of players going through it whereas the vipinthemix one just shows the LR room, you're not forced to go there you can wait for them to come out if you wish to do so ( also 1 nade thrown up there is a guaranteed hit vs getting lucky and chucking it inside the minecraft area and getting a hit there)

So just my personal opinion but the vipinthemix ''secret area'' is more of a very small, very limited lookout point.

11. Boy

Boy Administrator

I think calling it a secret would differ from player to player. To me its a secret because vipinthemix is prolly the only map I like and played most, yet still dono how to get up there. ^^'

But then for a new player, knifing the machine could also be a secret? Not quite cuz there is a normal way into the room aswel.

Secret don't always have to give u advantage, i think secret is a secret when not a lot of people know how to get there/no normal obvious route and only way you gona know is if someone shows you otherwise you can sniff around the map whole day.

True that spot is a noob spot for FFD because of 1 way invisible wall. We all start with same HP and same weapons I believe? so the places we go should be fair and straight forward aswel.

Just call them noobs whoever camps up there on FFD.

12. Snuggie

Snuggie Senior Member
    Donator

CT's start with 250hp on FFD so if you have 1-2 CT's up there thats 250-500hp even the best of placed nades takes something like a maximum of 90hp so thats still a massive amount of hp to be taking off them when you cant exactly get a shot on them.
    What I see alot of is CTs going up there on zombiefreeday and you have to literally have about 5 Ts to take him out with nades and rushing, cause its fairly easy to dodge a single nade up there. To me it shouldnt be allowed to camp because the main reason being you need to use a vent to get to it. So if a CT camps up there and a T goes up he automatically has the right to shoot him just because he had to use a vent to get to it. So even if he has no guns or anything he can still be killed, plus it just delays the round quite often when a CT is up there

To be honest though I dont think this is the thing that causes most problems with the is it allowed or isnt it, I think the spot on lego up top is the place that needs to be clarified more than anything,
    [​IMG]
    This spot here for as long as I know until recently, was always armoury camping. Hence the reason that, you must go through armory to reach this spot. Like literally there is no other way to this spot other than the armory. I personally think this should be classed as armory camping cause although you can be seen from the cell block, its basically still in the armory. If someone says theres a T in armory, that usually means a T is on his way to armory through the vent, not exactly inside armory. So if youre up on this ledge you just go back down the ladder and youre back by all the weapons to kill this rebeller which to me is unfair on him because by the time this T on the way to armory gets there the CT up top is already back down once hes been told theres a T going there. Its quite often that a CT goes back in armory from up here and all it does it cause arguments that hes armory camping etc. To me it shouldnt be allowed, although lego is fairly easy to rebel, its not exactly straight forward into the armory, the vent leads to armory Id personally say about 2 times in the map, and the other decent way is jumping from Football which is still not exactly easy since youre easily spotted plus it takes around 30hp so youre automatically at a disadvantage by doing that. If the CT on the top ledge spots you jump into armory by the time you get a gun and go hes already there to kill you and with you being 30hp down due to the drop chances are youll lose. Personally I think it should be classed as armory camp and I know a few PAs will agree but thats obviously not up to us. Its intended to be a watch tower sorta spot but really it just causes problems more than anything

13. Powerless

Powerless Member
    Donator

I think we should redefine some terms, and clan members should give them a final meaning...
    Secret and armoury to start with.

What characterises a secret? Secret teleport, secret vent, go-through or one-way walls, invisible glass?
    What characterises armoury? Is it just the area (room) where the guns are, are corridors and stairs to it included, are various platforms and balconies extending from it included as well?
    If those two questions are answered, a lot of things will clear up automatically...

Consider the fact that it is not fair to call one place a secret and some other place with the same characteristics not.
    It's not only about minecraft and vipintemix, a lot of secrets on various maps could be discussed...

14. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

Common sense would come in to play here.

The thing that characterises an armory are the weapons and the entrance/exit to it... to me this is like camping by the vent in minecraft the only way to armory... thats allowed so why not this? Its a lookout point yeah I understand they can get back in to armory but they have to run all the way back by that time you have a gun an are hidden.

A secret is classed as something where a player is gaining an advantage over everyone else. As an admin you have to think "is the player gaining an advantage over others".
    And im speaking of places wheee you use vents an teleporters etc into it.

But can we do somethig about the camping on ffd 10 mins waiting for campers to actually move is ridiculous...could you introduce a 5min time bomb? To give more of an incentive to move around and kill?

15. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

In the event of the armoury ledge, I also would class it as armoury camp, For one reason, Ct's give the excuse, There was a t in there, Goes back to ledge, I hear another T, goes back, Basically just camping.

Back to my previous point I still stand by what I said, Needs a poll on it to decide wether its a secret or not, Thanks.

16. Snuggie

Snuggie Senior Member
    Donator

That being said though, if you spot the T jumping from where ive shown on the picture, if you time it which you can go and check yourself, by the time the T reaches into the armory and picks up an M4 the CT can be down the ladder and ready to shoot, you can time this yourself it works out about the same to get down into armory for both CT and T but obviously the T is more disadvantaged than the CT.
    [​IMG]
    Plus if this spot isnt going to be considered armory camping, would this place be?
    [​IMG]
    Pretty unfair spot for T, can only get to it by the ladder in the armory and if you do that the CT usually just sits at the top of ladder waiting and kills them as they come up so its just as unfair as alot of other spots for Ts

17. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

So is standing in cwll area, hearing a t go to armory an go check there isnt one so you go back and repeat is being in cell area camping by that theory?

Yeah it is a secret because you have to use a secret and its to gain an advantage

18. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

This is where you would use common sense if you can see them blatantly not assisting commander then its classed as armory camping etc, in a rule " cts must be acrively guarding the ts" thats classed as camping, ive timed it and ive done this before where ive had enough time to run grab a gun an be hiding before the cts down

19. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

Obviously standing in cell area isn't, Ct's are allowed to camp boxes, Thats more than enough time to get back into armoury, Or even be more sensible and shoot the button to get into armoury from the outside ?

20. Snuggie

Snuggie Senior Member
    Donator

When the commander dies or when its ffd or zfd is when you catch them sitting up by the ladder, its just an unfair spot and to me it shouldnt be allowed cause it just causes alot of problems, especially if people find out its allowed and you just going to get 2-3 CTs sitting up there