1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Guide

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by WildFire, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Just to make it 100% clear

Normally a CT may not kill anyone if he/she isn't IN the warday area. Unless its a rebel, but its kind of hard to see who rebelled because if you are too late and if the cells opened there will be 10-27 T's running at you, so you never know who knifed you. So I suggest you don't shoot in that case.

If there is someone shooting from their cell ofcourse you can kill them.

This ofcourse only applies on the round start when all CT's are moving towards the warday area, if a CT is delaying and detouring to get to the warday area and if cells already opened and the T's got guns he may NOT kill anyone. (Normally cells don't get opened before the commander says to do so, and before all CT's are in the given area, so I don't see the problem)

How did he get outside his cell? He is still a rebel if he gets out of his cell before the cell opened... But its the CT's choice to let him live or die

2. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

Well actually I think the T should not be shot unless he actively attacks the CTs, auto-rebel rules don't apply in a warday, you can only kill him if he's rebelling the orders (which is attacking them in warday area, not cell area) That's only my opinion anyway... Also I've seen CTs that look for the gun cell just waiting till the T shoots and kills him or staying in the cell block area to kill the T who killed a different CT, I think that shouldn't be allowed.

3. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

The guide states it's only when the T attacks a CT.

Just because the T has escape his cell does not mean he has attacked a CT. I've always said that CT are allowed to defend themselves outside the warday area. meaning they must get attacked first.

4. Revoke

Revoke Member
    Donator

The thing is, the rule was originally the oposite way round. Yes normally a T going through a vent etc would be a rebel, but this was actually allowed on a warday according the the original guide WildFire wrote, thus my question.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

ppengus point is interesting too, about being able to defend yourself as a CT outside of warday area. I can see it leading to some problems though, such as CTs camping somewhere outside of warday area, waiting to be shot and then killing. I can imagine a lot of "I didn't attack him first" type arguments too. It would be better imo if the rule was more black and white.

5. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

During a friendly fire day, can Ts camp in medic, vents and secrets? And also what about CTs?

6. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

I have heard many people say it and therefore I personally have always said that you just can't camp armoury and/or medic (for both cts and ts) but apparently some admins have said otherwise so I'm unsure so would be good to get an answer

In my opinion I can't why cts shouldn't be allowed to camp places ts can and vice verse and certainly camping medic I think should not be allowed for either team

As another question would it be possible to add FFD and KWD to the first post under the warday and zombie freeday bit to explain the rules?

7. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

CTs have 250 HP...

8. Mousey

Mousey Veteran Member
    Donator

They can still be shot to under 100...

9. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

Well I thought the point of that was because there are so many ts so it was to balance things and therefore why should that allow ts to medic camp?

10. Powerless

Powerless Member
    Donator

Talking about camping... I'd like to ask a question as well.

During regular (commanded) rounds, are CTs allowed to camp / guard the following locations:

3. http://rghost.net/48828908/image.png Armoury camping?
    4. http://rghost.net/48828921/image.png How about this? This one is the most important for me to know since every time on this map people camp here and there is arguing in admin chat going on whether it is armoury camping or not xD

The rest are clear, although still different opinions, thanks.

Looking for definite answers so PAs know whether to warn or not and to cut arguing.

11. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

1.no
    2.no
    3.yes
    4.no according to Adey
    5.no
    6.no

12. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

I personally agree

13. Powerless

Powerless Member
    Donator

You see thats the problem. A clan member told me otherwise. We should all have the same picture.

14. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

About 3? Cause others are blatently clear... And yeah it was believed to be armory camping by many hell-f and PAs but Adey came on one day and told everyone it isn't. So, would be nice clearing that up as well by someone like Nomy or Boy or whatever. Although besides Nomy and Boy, Adey does have the most say. sooo.... You get what I mean.

15. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Iv'e always gone by vent camping = inside the vent, Guarding a highly rebellious vent isn't wrong imo, as long as there not in it

Pic 4 @ Hucking.. That has never been "armory" camping for the years I have played... I don't know when people started to class it.

Pic 3.. Chances of you getting to that area while some1 is commanding is extremely unlikely/he is outside armory still on a ledge.. I don't see a problem.

6.. The whole cell area is outside armory.. Once again would be stupid not to stand near it/under it..

16. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

Chris you joking? it's practically the only way into the armory on that map, I've always seen admin treat that as armory camp.

17. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Pic 4.. Is only accessible from inside the armory(so how is it practically only way in?), there is noway to get up there without going into armory first, there is a vent to armory, and a cell vent that switches every 4 rounds giving access to armory

18. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

talking about pic 3 chris, and as for pic 4, for as long as I played on jb (which ain't much) it was considered armory camping until Adey came on one day and claimed otherwise...
    EDIT: Also the reaon (which I believe is true) that this should be classified as armory camping is because in order to get out of that spot you have to go through armory and basically it's a lot easier to catch rebellers who are in armory that way, gives you some kind of an unfair advantage...

19. DaFuQ

DaFuQ Member
    Donator

No.3 is a good place to jump to like a ninja from the football ladder :rbandit:- it would be really annoying if a CT could be allowed to stand there :/

20. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Can you please keep questions/suggestions about the jailbreak server in the "Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!" thread?

Thats the place to discuss this.