1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Record a player

Discussion in 'Report a Player' started by Nomy, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

How to record a demo of a hacker. Of course there maybe the fact that everyone knows how to do it.

But just in-case, i thought I'd post this

First things first, you need the console enabled. I'm sure you can do that, but just in case.

Options -> keyboard -> advanced -> enable developer console (Make sure it's ticked.)

open the console for me says it's the ~ button. But in every steam game i played, it's the '~' button. One below 'Esc' left of '1' and above the 'Tab' button.

To make things a lot easier on the admin of ]Hell[ when you record a demo, please make sure instead of calling it 'hacker.dem' or 'hack.dem', Put the hackers name in it. For example - 'demo1'. (the .dem is the file extension and would be added automatically).

To start recording the hacker, the best thing to do obviously would to go to spectate. I know in gun game, when your amazing like me and you don't die and when you press the team change button, 'spectate' isn't there (whilst your alive) either get yourself killed, or open console and type spectate, and it will change your team to spectate for you.

The first thing i would do is to get his Steam_ID, so open console and type 'status' this will show everyone who's on the server steam id's.

Highlight the steam_id and right click on it and click 'copy'.
    If by this point he's left, you got his steam_id for future reference.
    If he's still on, now's the bit where you get the evidence.

open console and type in 'record (name of hacker)' -> example 'record demo1'

then close console.

This will now record whatever you can see on your screen. So make sure your spectating the right person

When you think you have enough proof, try to get a good 2-3 rounds of hacking, so you got enough proof.

Right, now open console and just type 'stop'.

This will now have recorded the hacker.

Now to post on the forums to get the hacker banned.

Make a thread, with the name of the hacker and his steam id, which you copy from earlier.

In this thread state the reason of the ban.

The demo you just recorded can be located in....
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike

To upload the demo, you can either attach it to your post, but i find it easier to upload it somewhere. A free upload site and my favourite is mega.co.nz - simple and easy.

The admin team will then be able to download the file, and ban the hacker.

I hope you guys liked the tutorial and it has helped people who want to help keep the server fun for all.

It's a bit long-winded, but i hope it helps.

2. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I didnt think the faithful players would need a guide on how to record a demo but yea this might come useful for some. Nicely done.

Thanks!

3. VIpEr

VIpEr Veteran Member
    Donator

New location directory now from steampipe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike

Nice work though Tenshi, clear and easy to use tutorial :)

4. Demyx

Demyx Senior Member

there is an alternative way to open the console too, if ~ dosnt work.
    just go steam, library then right click CSS, Choose properties then click set launch options and type '-Console'(without bracket) and the console is always open when you launch the game. :)

5. Amandawot

Amandawot Newbie
    Donator

oh thanks i keep forgetting that ill just edit it now

6. Soul

Soul Veteran Member

Thanks Alot !!

7. Steviee

Steviee The Experienced
    Donator

Very nice work Tenshi. :)

Thread Status: