1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to spot bhop hacker/scripters on 100 tick servers

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Nomy, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Vmx made a nice video sometime ago and it was posted in internals but I think it should be shown to everyone now since some people don't understand how bhop works on css.

The video is explained nicely, here it is:

The command for checking key stokes as follows:

keycheck to check key strokes for the person you are specing.
    keycheckme to try on yourself (great for learning).

To extend on this, if the player is capping FPS to 57 FPS, they will look as if they are using bhop hacks, the only time they will appear to jump on the keychecker is when they touch the ground.

On top of this we have found other ways to get false positives:

If the player is using crap PC and is not reaching about 60FPS while bhopping, the keychecker will not show the jumps.
    In this case you WILL have to use sm_netstats command and see if they are not capping fps. Please provide the output in the demo in this case. We don't want to ban people with crap PCs.

We are not looking to ban newbs who don't know how to bhop and they are trying to but they are failing. Please do not make report for them as well.

I hope this will be enough info, if not please ask any question regarding this on this thread.

------

Edit: Forgot to add sm_netstats usage "guide".

More info on how to check clients fps using sm_netstats follows:

The fps_max value can be seen with sm_netstats command but most of the times this can be false if player is using some other programs to lock/cap the FPS. So in this case you would need to look at out going packets being received by the server.

For a 100 tick server like Bhop server, the out going packets should be around 100 packets per second.

e.g.

Code:
    ] sm_netstats
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ID |  Choke |  Loss  |  Ping  |   In (/s)  |  Out (/s)  | fps_max | Name
    -------|--------|--------|--------|------------|------------|---------|----------
    #    2 |      0 |      0 |     34 |      101.5 |      101.5 |     300 | Alex (Music)
    #    3 |      0 |      0 |     31 |      101.5 |      101.4 |    1000 | ]HeLL[ Nomy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the out for me is 101.4, this means there is no capping going on. However if this was something like 60/s or 50/s, there might be something dodgy going on. Try sm_netstats command a few times to see if this value is stable. If it isn't, most probably the player has a crap PC or graphics. If it is stable, then he/she might be capping FPS and should be banned. If the player is capping FPS, their jumps on keychecker will look like the 2nd example on the video.

In the example above, the player Alex is 100% legit bhopper. His out going packets matches the server's tickrate and the fps_max value is 300. This means no fps capping is going on. But You would want to check if the player is also clear on keychecker.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

So what is the rule regarding frame rate limits, from what I understand it's just flat out not allowed, does this include v-sync?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Capping of FPS is not allowed. They should use fps_max 300 or fps_max 0.
    Its not allowed to have fps_max below 120.

VSync caps fps to 60 or 75 on some PC so its not allowed. However if their Monitor is 120Hz they are alright. This can be checked with sm_netstats command ingame.

4. Herobrine

Herobrine Senior Member

Vsync is part of the game settings. Why is it not allowed?

5. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Make it a sticky? in css or report section

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Its allowed if you have a good monitor which supports 120Hz.

Scripts are also part of the game... they are also not allowed.

7. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I'll make it sticky once everyone has asked etc... I dont think it should be posted in report section because of the no reply rule in report and unban sections.

8. Loui5D

Loui5D Veteran Member
    Donator

I don't think anyone here plays with vsync on when using a 60Hz monitor, you get massive input lag. Plus it makes me feel sick playing at 60fps (144hz monitor ftw)

9. Herobrine

Herobrine Senior Member

You gotta search for scripts online. Vsync comes within the game settings straight out of the box.

I don't use vsync, just wanted to ask

10. MiiX

MiiX Member
    Donator

Lots of players use vsync with 60hz monitors, When i dont use it on my laptop i will lag more and stuttering and tearing appears. This is why we got vsync, to solve this problem

11. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

I actually did have v-sync enabled in game, but I've always had it forced off in AMD CCC I have just disabled it though just to be on the safe side.

Are there any server side plug-ins that can bypass these settings forcing the limit off?

12. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I don't need to search for any script... if I wanted I can just make my own. All the necessary functions and commands are in css.
    I didnt think you used vsync :)

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Just a warning, you might get banned for scripts automatically by server. I understand there is lag and you want smooth fps... but just use fps_max 120.

14. ici

ici The Experienced

What does FPS have to do with bhop. That means people with weak graphics cards are not allowed to join the bhop server. Please explain.

15. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

No. We can only check, we cant change client settings.

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Capping fps to 57 or around that value gives you speed and jump timing advantage ingame. Its unfair so its not allowed.

If you have a shit graphics card we wont ban you nor server will autoban. Just dont cap your FPS.

17. MiiX

MiiX Member
    Donator

So if i use vsync, its not a problem as long as i got fps_max to 120 or more?

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Disable vsync and use fps_max 120.

vsync is same as fps_max 60.

19. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

If you use v-sync you'll be capped to the refresh rate of you monitor, so if your refresh rate is under 120hz then you won't get 120fps.

20. MiiX

MiiX Member
    Donator

Then my laptop is more or less unusable -.-