1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for new mouse

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by oshey, Dec 12, 2012.

1. oshey

oshey Junior Member

I've finally got fed up with my current mouse - currently using a "Microsoft basic optical mouse 1.0a" because my razer mouse died a few months back
    [​IMG]

The laser on it has seriously started to die to the point where it randomly spasms or if I do a quick move it either doesn't register it or just spasms out again.
    Also the scroll wheel only works every other roll so even standard web browsing is starting to piss me off :D

Basically I need something that will withstand quite a bit of punishment.
    Recommendations?

2. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

http://www.hellclan.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=16970
    We just discussed this one thread down, when I asked..
    I got recommended the Logitech either g400 or g500.. But as someone mentioned there, it depends on your grip (palm, claw). I honestly don't know what I have neither, I've got atm a mouse similar to yours, a HP standard mouse...

Depending when you are buying, I will get mine for somewhere around christmas and give my review, but alot of people in the community has it, and I'm sure they'll share their thoughts :)

3. oshey

oshey Junior Member

Somehow missed the thread haha. Just had a quick read through and it does look like G400/500 seems like a popular choice.
    I'll go find out the difference between them now and probably go buy one tomorrow.
    Thanks!

4. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

Sounds great! Be sure to leave a reply here after you bought and share your thoughts! :)

5. oshey

oshey Junior Member

Bought the G400 after work from pcworld as that was the cheapest place. Was a bit strange trying to get use to the mouse grip.
    left it on it's standard dpi setting whatever it is and css sensitivity to 3 (default).

After getting use to it, it's really nice. Glides over my mouse mat. haven't managed to make it spasm out. very precise on movement and pin point accuracy.

Would definitely recommend you getting one :D